• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Dattebayo

Banned
I need one more Big Poe to catch at Hyrule Field, but I have trouble finding it. Is it possible for someone to list the locations for the 10 Poes so I'll know where it is?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Last edited:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I could never see why people got stuck in the Water Temple in OoT. I never got stuck even during my first play through or in Master Quest and no I didn't use a walk through.
People usually get stuck in the Water Temple because they happen to miss the cleverly sadistically placed entrance within the central pillar.

Most of the "difficulty" in the Water Temple comes from a real big impatience with it, especially with keeping track of which rooms to explore next and repeatedly backtracking to raise/lower the water levels while you're looking for a place to go next... and then finding out you're not supposed to be there yet. Going through that room with the whirlpools, a bunch of enemies, and boulders pissed me off the first time because I had no idea that I was going through 10 minutes of trouble and insanity getting to a locked door that I didn't have a key to. I had to raise the water level two times again to get the key, and then another two times to get back to that room, so I could open the door.

And that was just during a point in the dungeon where I only had two choices of rooms to go to, and I chose the way with the most common sense associated with it, being the room that's not too far out of the way.

The temple in Master Quest is easier to bear, but not by a lot.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Personally I think the Lakebed Temple was about 20% harder.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Lord Jabu-Jabu clearly likes a big hunk of steak and a cold glass of Dr. Pepper... served with little girls.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
^No I remembered, it has been a while since I played MS quest on OOT.

How about a topic guys?

What was your first LOZ game?

OOT was my very first Zelda game but it was on a finished file. I remember being confused after I walked up Ganon's castle and met Ganondorf. I tried everything in order to beat him but I never knew about the light arrows stunning him or reflecting the energy ball back. Pretty soon after that I started a brand new file and went on to finish the game.

Zibdas

not bad
Minish Cap, way before I played real games....

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Minish Cap isn't a real game? It was a pretty solid game, in my opinion.

First Zelda was OoT.

Zibdas

not bad
I never said it was real, I meant that I played it back when I was playing Spongebob and other movie/party games.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I never said it was real, I meant that I played it back when I was playing Spongebob and other movie/party games.
Oh, it was the exception. My bad.

Zibdas

not bad
Argh, decided to continue my PH 3 heart run.
And now I remember why Dongongo is so annoying.
>:T

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
To answer the question about the First Zelda game you played,In my case it was Spirit Tracks for the DS.I asked my Grandma to get it for me because I had a great report card when I finished the 7th grade.Now to the main point I was gonna post about,I have been wondering why in the world that the replaced the Gerudo mask which appeared in Ocarina of Time with the Deku Mask in Majora`s Mask. The other two masks that you could get in the Happy Mask Trading side-quest that were of the species in the game appeared in Majora`s Mask as the main transforming mask. I also kinda think in my fan speculating mind is that the Purple tunic that has appeared a lot in the series could may be actually the Gerudo`s Tunic based on that the blue tunic is the Zora`s Tunic and the red tunic is the Goron`s tunic.Now after that has been said, I plan to go through Georgia and back to normal place in the game when I ever tackle the Water Temple.I`m not planing on going to Georgia, but I was referencing to a Charlie Daniels song.

BCVM22

Because having a young boy transform into a member of what is basically an all-female race... you get the idea. Just no need to go there if you don't have to, particularly when you've got the Deku Scrubs as an alternative, whose physiology gives you considerably more in the way of new gameplay than a Gerudo would.

Furthermore, the purple tunic is not a "Gerudo tunic". It didn't show up for real until well after Ocarina, when they started splitting Link into four. I believe the purple tunic represents the element of earth in those games, where red represents fire, blue represents water and green represents wind.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Because having a young boy transform into a member of what is basically an all-female race... you get the idea. Just no need to go there if you don't have to, particularly when you've got the Deku Scrubs as an alternative, whose physiology gives you considerably more in the way of new gameplay than a Gerudo would.
This.

The Gerudo are the most similar to the Hylians out of the three extra masks you get in OoT, and have pretty much the same abilities as them. It would have basically been just Link fighting as a genderbent version of himself, maybe with two swords like the guards you fight in OoT, but that really doesn't come with being born as a Gerudo.

Last edited: