• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
One of the main things that I`m actually liking this game better over Majora`s Mask is that the Golden Skulltulas are more forgiving to get them than the Skulltula Houses and them Stray fairys in the temples in Majora`s Mask. I actually remember how a mere few seconds of the time got me from getting the Giant`s Wallet to just getting a high valued Ruppee. Just have completed the Water Temple since about 10:30 last night.I`m just glad that I brought two fairy`s into the battle against Morpha. It would have been saved until today I`ve I didn`t have the Big Gorons Sword with me.I`m going to be going through the inside of the well to get the Lens of Truth so I can go through the Shadow Temple. Gonna try to get some Pieces of Heart in the mini-games and pay Dampe to dig it up for me. And before I go, I got a crystal armor Ocariona of Time 3D 3DS case that was made by pdp when I went to K-Mart today. It had the artwork that was on the Japan`s and European case for the art on the case.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you've got teachers and a principal as well. It's a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas.

Waitwaitwait... I thought Miyamoto said Skyward Sword would have a much older Link?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It says that Link and Zelda go into a boarding school. It doesn't specify how old either of them are.

It's possible Skyloft has a boarding school for adults in their town. Or, Skyloft residents at this point in time mature more slowly than the Hylians do. Just some possibilities.

Zibdas

not bad
You know you can evaporate Morpha's tentacles?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Why does everyone assume a slightly older Link is an ADULT? He could just be 16 or 17 for all we know. A teenager.

One reason I hate the older Link in OoT being called "Adult Link" is because he's probably no older than 17.

Is Jabu-Jabu consitered a Water based dungeon?

Maybe.

But it is neither hard nor called the Water Temple.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Why does everyone assume a slightly older Link is an ADULT? He could just be 16 or 17 for all we know. A teenager.

One reason I hate the older Link in OoT being called "Adult Link" is because he's probably no older than 17.

I thought somewhere it said that kid was 11, thus making him 18?

Besides, Teen link sounds wierd.
Young Adult?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
It would fit, but I still consider an eighteen-year-old a teenager, despite them being a legally young "adult" in most places. If Link were twenty, maybe. Teen Link doesn't sound strange at all, in fact, some players even call him that because it's a little bit more broad. "Teen" implies the ages of thirteen to nineteen, while "Adult" implies the ages of eighteen and over. It's a little more ambiguous.

Where did you hear that, anyway? One source said that WW Link was twelve, thus making OoT Link twelve as well and making Adult Link nineteen if you add seven years up. I think it was in an interview with either Miyamoto or Aonuma. I'll have to look into that.

My point still stands though. Link and Zelda from Skyward Sword don't look that much older to be considered too old to be in boarding school.

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
In the recent Iwata Asks, Miyamoto was talking about OoT. He said Child Link was 9 and Adult Link was 16.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
In the recent Iwata Asks, Miyamoto was talking about OoT. He said Child Link was 9 and Adult Link was 16.
So then that pretty much puts this link at least at 17 years old. If not 18. Think of the bird thing being a graduation ceremony for the very best of the class.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
It would fit, but I still consider an eighteen-year-old a teenager, despite them being a legally young "adult" in most places. If Link were twenty, maybe. Teen Link doesn't sound strange at all, in fact, some players even call him that because it's a little bit more broad. "Teen" implies the ages of thirteen to nineteen, while "Adult" implies the ages of eighteen and over. It's a little more ambiguous.

\

Well, yeah, in the modern world adolescence lasts longer now...but in a Medieval setting, a 17 year old boy would probably be considered an adult.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Well, yeah, in the modern world adolescence lasts longer now...but in a Medieval setting, a 17 year old boy would probably be considered an adult.
Maybe. But remember, the Zelda series takes place in a world that has anthropomorphic fish, "pictography", and magical triangles that bestow great power to whoever touches them. Using real world historical references to explain something in Zelda doesn't apply, unless it's stated so in-universe or by the creators. Heck, in Tales of Symphonia, which also takes place in a medieval-styled fantasy setting, the main character is seventeen, goes to school, and is still considered a kid by the other characters in the game.

The fact that in Skyward Skyward Link and Zelda were going to school shortly before the game begins is a testament to the fact that Link and Zelda aren't too far from being a couple of teenagers. My whole point to begin with is that the name "Adult Link" causes confusion, an example being people becoming dumbfounded by the fact he's going to school because they think he's too old.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
All this talk about Adult Link and Young Link started after OOT's timesplit and more of younger Link appearing in 3D Zelda games. In the the original Zelda to LTTP nearly everyone said Link is Link no adult or young added as a title to his name.

Now there is disagreements because people can't seem to accept that Link is Link no matter how old/young he looks. >.>^ I personally just call all versions of Link by his name. Pull the master sword in OOT? Still Link to me just grown up. Can you imagine being called adult (insert your name) all the time?

Zibdas

not bad
I have to wonder-
In earlier games with L1 and L2 shields and the like, what happens to your old shield when you find the new one? Do you just leave it in the treasue cheast where you found the new one?

Mudkip8003

I have to wonder-
In earlier games with L1 and L2 shields and the like, what happens to your old shield when you find the new one? Do you just leave it in the treasue cheast where you found the new one?

I don't know, you feed it to the Like-Likes?

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Link from Twilight Princess. What did you call him? Did you call him Adult Link? Or how about in Majora's Mask. Did you call him Young Link? Or did that name difference come about only in the games where you could be both i.e. OoT?

EDIT: Before I forget, has anyone else found in OoT 3D, in Gerudo's Fortress, a little picture behind a box? I won't ruin the surprise of what it is for you, unless you ask, but there are two boxes side by side, and when you break them a tapestry is revealed with a certain image on it.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The two names originated in OoT. However, people use the terms when talking about other games in order to let people know if the Link you get to play as is a young boy or a young man.

I personally hate the names as much as I hate the name "Toon Link", mostly because ignorant people classify a Zelda game as "mature or not mature" depending on whether or not it features "Adult Link". He's either Link or he's not.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
EDIT: Before I forget, has anyone else found in OoT 3D, in Gerudo's Fortress, a little picture behind a box? I won't ruin the surprise of what it is for you, unless you ask, but there are two boxes side by side, and when you break them a tapestry is revealed with a certain image on it.

I have already mention that couple of pages back even took a picture too.