• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Actually, I take it about 3 months till Twilight Princess gets the OoT/Windwaker treatment as crack on crack, and Windwaker becomes the milestone of LoZ as did MM and OoT before it. Oh and did I mention? SS will apparently be complete and utter **** for the next 5 years. Get used to it.

Actually, I take it about 3 months till Twilight Princess gets the OoT/Windwaker treatment as crack on crack, and Windwaker becomes the milestone of LoZ as did MM and OoT before it. Oh and did I mention? SS will apparently be complete and utter **** for the next 5 years. Get used to it.

I've already accepted this as fact 6-9 months ago when I saw people hating on it even though they obviously never played it and it still hasn't been released to the public.

edit: perhaps I should be more clear. I've accepted the poor fanboyism of the series as a fact, not that there's a problem with Skyward Sword. How could there be a problem? It hasn't been released yet!

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
MM was never a mile stone lol.

Wind Waker was though.

milestone n. an important event; a turning point.

Yep, Wind Waker was definitely a milestone for the series. Majora's Mask, not so much.

lol, people and their BS statements.

3D Zelda Facts:

OoT is a milestone in videogame history.
OoT was a game focused on exploration, not much character depth here.
MM is OoT with less focus on exploring and more on the characters.
MM is better for people who appreciate a good story.
WW is a masterpiece.
The quest for the Triforce shards is only annoying if you were lazy and didn't visit and marked islands on your way.
TP will always be regarded as the least good console Zelda because it's way too easy, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, just not as good as the others.
You can't make comment about a game that still hasn't come out, so no bitching about SS or the Zelda HD yet.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Its not BS when its the biggest circle of life for a video game. WW was given master piece status about 2 years ago, and that was when a new Zelda was dawning on us. Take it or leave it, there's a truth here.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
This discussion has gone downhill and somewhere else but I can't put my finger on it.

Aurath8

I honestly think people going around calling WW a "masterpiece" and a "milestone" is BS. Why? It's a great game, but so are the other Zelda games.

"Masterpiece" is an opinion, it's allowed.

"Milestone" as for that, it's not a milestone for gaming, like OoT or Super mario 64, but it is a milestone for the Zelda series with it getting a whole new artstyle and everything.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Could you explain to me what is it I don't get?

I honestly think people going around calling WW a "masterpiece" and a "milestone" is BS. Why? It's a great game, but so are the other Zelda games.

It means, Oot was basically considered a masterpiece a week after release. Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

Although, it's still one of my favorite games.

sceptile33

"Masterpiece" is an opinion, it's allowed.

"Milestone" as for that, it's not a milestone for gaming, like OoT or Super mario 64, but it is a milestone for the Zelda series with it getting a whole new artstyle and everything.
It probably is an opinion, but this guy doesn't think so.
lol, people and their BS statements.

3D Zelda Facts:

WW is a masterpiece.

BCVM22

Could it be that all of this godforsaken discussion about "best" and "worst" is nothing but complete horsesh*t and that aside from certain reasonably objective evaluations - Ocarina was a turning point, Wind Waker a departure from the relative norm - everything you people are trying to put forth as fact is complete and utter bullsh*t?

Maybe? Possibly?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Skyward release date is the 18th November in the UK and Europe.

Source

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Ocarina of Time is always a classic. But I have literally never owned a Zelda game. Yes, I'm ashamed. But Twilight Princess was the first one I played a LOT, and I really loved the graphics and storyline.

Torpoleon

North American release for Skyward Sword is November 20, 2011, just two days after the European one.

Source: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=30275

I'm going to be waiting a little bit over a month after the release to play the game, as it will be a Hanukkah Present. What about everyone else? First-day buy or sometime after release?