• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

R_N

And what makes you say that? The 360 and PS3 are quite a bit more powerful than the Wii is, because they used present tech rather than past tech like Nintendo. The situation will be the same when those new consoles come out.

And what makes you think that PS4/720 will totally have even more presenter tech that will blow Wii U out of the water.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
As long as they use present tech it will blow it out of the water. The Wii U is using tech that is four years old right now. If, one or two years from now, the successors to the PS3 and 360 use present tech they will absolutely blow it out of the water.

sceptile33

They can, but is that really necessary? I would think both Microsoft and Sony would opt to not use the latest hardware in favor of cheaper pricing on their hardware. Look at Sony. PS2 was weaker than the Gamecube/Xbox, yet it did better in sales. PS3 sold worse than 360/Wii, even though it was the most powerful console.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
And what makes you think that PS4/720 will totally have even more presenter tech that will blow Wii U out of the water.

They actually have to or PCs will overtake them by becoming cheaper and cheaper. The next gen for Sony and Microsoft has to be relatively cheap but the hardware needs to match a decent desktop. Right now PS360 are running on about 512mb of ram. The Wii U will have 768mb or 1gb of ram but Nintendo is still looking for the right balance.

So PS/Xbox next have to go over 1gb of ram at the very least. Processors are a no brainer as you need about 2.8 or higher GHZ of cpu speed for console gaming in general with no framerate issues or crashes.

Other than that you have to factor in controls, CD drive, and price.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Microsoft will definitely opt for the latest hardware, they always have and they've got the money. Sony may not, but at the very least they will more than likely still be more powerful than something 5-6 years old when it's released.

woot21

super noob
We've all seen what it's capable of, it's nothing more than what a PS3 or 360 can do. All their tech demos (except where it was displaying something on the controller of course) could have just as easily been rendered using a PS3 or 360.
Except those weren't the typical tech demo type scenes. I forget the term (so sue me), but Nintendo went away from typical cut scene format in the tech demos, and it looked better than the PS360, including cut scenes. I don't think we've seen everything the WiiU can do just yet.

woot21 out dawgs

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
As far as graphics go, nothing can go better beyond PS3/Xbox360's graphics. The only thing that changes is the amount of internal memory they can use to make games longer.

Don't be so sure of that.

This of course depends on the price of the tvs later on and whether or not the 10 year plan sticks around.

The Wii U is not threatening Microsoft and Sony by having upgraded software or hardware so they can actually keep making games for the PS360 for the next 2 to 4 years.

Its already been 6 years almost for both PS360 so they can manage another year or 2.

I hope they do this and lower the prices of games in general. So instead of 2 new games costing you nearly $130 with tax depending on where you live, it will be around $110 at $50 per game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Except those weren't the typical tech demo type scenes. I forget the term (so sue me), but Nintendo went away from typical cut scene format in the tech demos, and it looked better than the PS360, including cut scenes. I don't think we've seen everything the WiiU can do just yet.

woot21 out dawgs

It looked better than most games, yes, but not all games.

As far as graphics go, nothing can go better beyond PS3/Xbox360's graphics. The only thing that changes is the amount of internal memory they can use to make games longer.

You're kidding right? 360 and PS3 graphics are terrible compared to the visuals I can achieve on my PC. There is plenty they can do for graphics. They also don't need any more storage to make games longer, they've got plenty of space already. Games are short because they make them short.

Serebii!

Why is everyone talking about PS3 and 360 in the Zelda games discussion?

In Skyward Sword I defeated Koloktos the boss of the Ancient Cistern, that was a good battle. I am now up to the Trial in Lanayru Desert

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
When I got Skyward Sword, I stayed up all night playing it. Managed to beat the game in 2 days.

I like battling the Imprisoned. The 2nd and 3rd times were kind of hard at first, but now I can beat them easily.

Finally achieved victory in rebattling and conquering enough bosses. I obtained the Hylian Shield in Hero mode. In the process of getting it, I literally died over 100 times. Dang The Imprisoned! But I gotta say, I love that trumpet that plays when you're Groose and having to toss bombs at it.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
In Skyward Sword I defeated Koloktos the boss of the Ancient Cistern, that was a good battle. I am now up to the Trial in Lanayru Desert

Damn that trial. I got caught by a lantern ghost like 10 seconds after getting the last tear. And I was on the opposite end of the map. I bet I had half the guardians chasing me by the time I got back to safety.

On Eldin Trial right now, don't know for sure how that's going to go.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Damn that trial. I got caught by a lantern ghost like 10 seconds after getting the last tear. And I was on the opposite end of the map. I bet I had half the guardians chasing me by the time I got back to safety.

They're all pretty easy as long as you keep moving. People seem to think the trials are a lot more difficult than they really are.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star

Oh geeze those trials scare the crap out of me. I knowi t's just a fun and innocent game, but when I get caught by a ghost and the guardians start chasing after me I freak out and can never make it back >_< I made it past the first trial.... Now I'm in the Ancient Cistern. Pretty creepy place o_o Almost as creepy as Ghirahim and his 2-foot-long tongue.

By the way, does anyone know how to kill Moblins? I know they don't chase me but when I attack them, all I can do is break their shield and jiggle their gut.

sceptile33

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/24/xbox-720-will-be-six-times-as-powerful-as-current-gen
Microsoft will definitely opt for the latest hardware, they always have and they've got the money. Sony may not, but at the very least they will more than likely still be more powerful than something 5-6 years old when it's released.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/24/xbox-720-will-be-six-times-as-powerful-as-current-gen

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but... yeah. Is IGN reliable when it comes to stuff like this?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's been reported everywhere, it's really just rumour right now. But with the amount of different sites reporting it I'd say it's true, or very close to true. If it is true then their next machine is already three graphics core generations ahead of what the Wii U is using, and huge changes have come in those three generations.

I really don't think we should get back into this though, not in this thread anyway, we just got back on topic. I'll discuss it over VM though.

BCVM22

By the way, does anyone know how to kill Moblins? I know they don't chase me but when I attack them, all I can do is break their shield and jiggle their gut.

Square one of them up, dash at them and you'll climb their shield and jump over them, leaving them exposed from behind for a brief moment. If you're good enough, you can stay behind it as it turns around and keep hitting it.

Alternatively, you can also hit them with arrows from afar or drop bombs on them using the Beetle. If you upgrade the bow all the way, it only takes a few arrows to bring one down. You can try rolling bombs at them, but the distances can be tricky to gauge properly.

lucario beast

wow im so stupid i just completed the sandship and forgot the heart container and you know the part well you have to skyward strike the symbol well for some reason i thought it was still a cutscene even though i could clearly control link anyone know if i can go back and get it because im in hero mode doing a 100% run and ill be mad as hell if i cant get it

Last edited: