• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ahh, the wonders of little ancient robots repairing a ship in a milisecond.

I think they imply that some time has passed. But they're still incredibly fast.

Entreri10

I'm really loving Ocarina of Time for my 3DS.

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
Loved the Fire Sanctuary, easily my favorite temple in SS. The music kind of reminded my of Spyro for whatever reason, which is a good thing. My only gripe about that temple though is that it felt lackluster during the latter part. Like, it kind of just abruptly ended when I thought it could have went on for a little bit longer. I also really enjoyed Lanayru Mining Facility. All the other temples were a bit underwhelming to me though. I enjoyed the puzzle concept of Sky Keep, but I hated how all the rooms were based off of the other temples. Seemed kind of like lazy design overall.

Serebii!

So I reached the Sand Sea on Skyward Sword, I love the boat that I use. The Mine Cart rollercoaster was awesome, I am now on the Sand Ship which is pretty cool, it has 4 floors this thing is massive

Grey Wind

Finally finished Skyward Sword. Definitely my favourite Zelda game, it was fantastic imo. Fi's farewell has got to be one of my favourite Zelda scenes, it was so well done. Her lines were great, as was the music. I honestly felt sad for her leaving.

I would like to ask a question. I dont really play zelda, and have only played ocarina of time 3d after alot of prompting from a friend and some of phantom hourglass. After playing oot for a bit, i have fallen in love (not as much as pokemon or mario but definately in love.) So im still a massive zelda dunce and my question is this, should I buy Skyward sword or try and hunt down some older Zelda titles first? Help would be appreciated in trying to break into this title.

Grey Wind

I felt sad for her leaving, but only because of the atmosphere. I do not want her to return.
I loved Fi, I thought her bluntness was hilarious. I hope she at least makes a cameo some time, same with Midna.

I would like to ask a question. I dont really play zelda, and have only played ocarina of time 3d after alot of prompting from a friend and some of phantom hourglass. After playing oot for a bit, i have fallen in love (not as much as pokemon or mario but definately in love.) So im still a massive zelda dunce and my question is this, should I buy Skyward sword or try and hunt down some older Zelda titles first? Help would be appreciated in trying to break into this title.
Weeeel, I'd say to play a few other titles first, since SS one of the best things about it is how much it changes from other games and how it gives an origin story to the series. Play wind waker if you can get it, that was great.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I loved Fi, I thought her bluntness was hilarious. I hope she at least makes a cameo some time, same with Midna.

The fact that she pops out so much, to say nothing helpful, while simultaneously spouting arbitrary percentages infuriates me.

Yeah, WW is good, but after playing Ocarina you might feel more at home with Majora's Mask~

Why would you say anyone would feel more at home with MM after any other Zelda game? It's much different.

Grey Wind

Yeah, WW is good, but after playing Ocarina you might feel more at home with Majora's Mask~
Majora's Mask is terrible~

rage in 3, 2, 1...

The fact that she pops out so much, to say nothing helpful, while simultaneously spouting arbitrary percentages infuriates me.
Well she didn't pop out that much, she's not in Navi's league. She only really comes out to tell you what to do next (although I suppose you could figure it out on your own).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well she didn't pop out that much, she's not in Navi's league. She only really comes out to tell you what to do next (although I suppose you could figure it out on your own).

She definitely appears more than Navi. The amount of times Navi forcibly pops out to talk to you can be counted on a single hand. Fi far outnumbers that.

Grey Wind

She definitely appears more than Navi. The amount of times Navi forcibly pops out to talk to you can be counted on a single hand. Fi far outnumbers that.
True. But Navi's constant 'Hey! Listen!'-ing was really aggravating though. Fi's pop-outs are nothing compared to her annoyance.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I knew Fi was going to die or something by the time we first knew about her.

So I prevented myself from getting attached to her to not feel sadness.

It wasn't hard at all.