• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It might with Ocarina of Time, because Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to it, and it uses the same character models, while still feeling as different as a Zelda game can get.

Besides looking and controlling the same though, the two are completely different. That's what I was referring to.

True. But Navi's constant 'Hey! Listen!'-ing was really aggravating though. Fi's pop-outs are nothing compared to her annoyance.

Navi is just another sound effect. Fi will not let you ignore her.

DarkBahamut

The Devil Dragon
Volvagia was awesome, but a pain when i played the original one. being kind of young didnt help.

when i got the 3ds version i owned him, though. games dont seem as hard anymore.

woot21

super noob
I would like to ask a question. I dont really play zelda, and have only played ocarina of time 3d after alot of prompting from a friend and some of phantom hourglass. After playing oot for a bit, i have fallen in love (not as much as pokemon or mario but definately in love.) So im still a massive zelda dunce and my question is this, should I buy Skyward sword or try and hunt down some older Zelda titles first? Help would be appreciated in trying to break into this title.
Try to find another one first. Skyward Sword has a lot of call backs, and mythology gags/references to the other games. For something similar to OoT I'd say maybe Twilight Princess. Though any of the older games, except maybe Zelda II would be a good choice for a second game in the series.

woot21 out dawgs

R_N

I didn't find Fi annoying. Many of her mandatory hints were baffling (I AM IN DUNGEON THREE AND JUST FOUND THE KEY I THINK I GET IT BY NOW FI), but...eh. Went by fast.

Serebii!

I don't mind telling me things, most of the time it can be helpful but sometimes it can be unnecessary

In Skyward Sword I am still on the Sand Ship and I just received the Bow which is really helpful, it is a great weapon. I am now searching the ship again

I don't mind telling me things, most of the time it can be helpful but sometimes it can be unnecessary

In Skyward Sword I am still on the Sand Ship and I just received the Bow which is really helpful, it is a great weapon. I am now searching the ship again

There's a Heart Piece on it. But I'm not telling wheeeeeeeere~!

Serebii!

I am going through the game without a walkthrough, so far it has been good

I have now defeated Tentalus and got the second Sacred Flame and I am about to go back to the Isle of Songs

I am going through the game without a walkthrough, so far it has been good

I have now defeated Tentalus and got the second Sacred Flame and I am about to go back to the Isle of Songs

Cool story bro.

Random question I pondered upon just now. How deep should we be looking into Levias' existence? Should we make the assumption that he is in fact the wind fish or some dream-like manifestation of him or something? If so, can we assume Link's Awakening to therefore be canon or no or what?

In fact, what is the canonical stance of Link's Awakening. As far as I'm familiar, the existence of Koholint is debatable as it should only really exist in Link's dreams, but was the island created inside Link's dream by the Wind Fish? If so, that would lend the fact that the Wind Fish exists and therefore could be Levias.

Just random conjectures at a random time. I'm sure I overlooked a fact or two there.

BCVM22

How deep should we be looking into Levias' existence? Should we make the assumption that he is in fact the wind fish or some dream-like manifestation of him or something? If so, can we assume Link's Awakening to therefore be canon or no or what?

I wouldn't look too deeply into it. The series as a whole is a textbook on the concept of universal symbols; Levias is the latest (or perhaps the first, technically) in a long line of giant fish or whale-like deity characters that includes Lord Jabu-Jabu, Jabun, the Wind Fish, Oshus, you get the idea.

In fact, what is the canonical stance of Link's Awakening. As far as I'm familiar, the existence of Koholint is debatable as it should only really exist in Link's dreams, but was the island created inside Link's dream by the Wind Fish?

That's generally the prevailing theory, that Link's Awakening was a thorough, vivid and extended dream created and strengthed by the Wind Fish as Link was floating, unconcious, after his raft was destroyed.

If so, that would lend the fact that the Wind Fish exists and therefore could be Levias.

I don't think there's too much debate that the Wind Fish itself was real, just as to whether the island of Koholint he created in Link's dreams (and then destroyed... just saying) ever truly existed.

Declaring definitively that Levias and the Wind Fish are one and the same would just be conjecture, though.

That's generally the prevailing theory, that Link's Awakening was a thorough, vivid and extended dream created and strengthed by the Wind Fish as Link was floating, unconcious, after his raft was destroyed.

As I was expecting, I overlooked a bit of information. This was it. Hahah.

Declaring definitively that Levias and the Wind Fish are one and the same would just be conjecture, though.

That's kind of what I was going for. It was all a thought that stemmed literally when I entered this thread, so I was just putting one and one together and seeing where it went.

woot21

super noob
Isn't Marin being real canon though? She does become a seagull if you beat Link's Awakening without dying.

woot21 out dawgs

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Wouldn't that technically make it not canon in the first place? If its affected by how well you play it shouldn't be considered canon.

BCVM22

If its affected by how well you play it shouldn't be considered canon.

That doesn't work, though.

If you don't collect every mask in Majora's Mask, you don't get the Fierce Deity Mask and thus don't transform into Fierce Deity Link.

If you don't collect all of the Poes/Skulltula Tokens/Gratitude Crystals, the respective cursed figure is never cured.

If you don't collect ten Knight's Crests, you don't learn the Hurricane Spin.

Those are all optional, performance-based rewards, albeit perhaps of a slightly different ilk than doing a perfect run through a game, and yet no one disputes their canonicity, do they?

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I wouldn't look too deeply into it. The series as a whole is a textbook on the concept of universal symbols; Levias is the latest (or perhaps the first, technically) in a long line of giant fish or whale-like deity characters that includes Lord Jabu-Jabu, Jabun, the Wind Fish, Oshus, you get the idea.

I don't think there's too much debate that the Wind Fish itself was real, just as to whether the island of Koholint he created in Link's dreams (and then destroyed... just saying) ever truly existed.

I agree, and its confirmed many times through the game, most notably by the eel boss in the Catfish dungeon.