• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

woot21

super noob
I take back everything I ever said we're not friends we never have been friends we will not be friends.
Wind Waker never was my favorite. It's only just above MM, which is only just above the CD-i games.

woot21 out dawgs

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
What's the problem?

I also know there's a bottle in this dungeon if you know where to look.

BCVM22

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Wind Waker never was my favorite. It's only just above MM, which is only just above the CD-i games.

woot21 out dawgs

Ouch, what an insult. What don't you like about it?

Bottles be all over the place. They can be gained as random items across the game world - you can gain enough to fill your entire adventure pouch if you take enough time.

I thought there were only five.

woot21

super noob
Ouch, what an insult. What don't you like about it?
Other than slow pacing, made even worse by the sailing? The repetitive fetch quest that were added just to lengthen the game, the fact that there are only 7 real dungeons, I can't 100% it without the GBA-GCN connection cable, the graphics (joking), the fact that the story is based more on coincidence than any other Zelda game, and the fact that the Korkis and Zora evolved that much that quickly (evolution doesn't work that way).

woot21 out dawgs

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Other than slow pacing, made even worse by the sailing? The repetitive fetch quest that were added just to lengthen the game, the fact that there are only 7 real dungeons, I can't 100% it without the GBA-GCN connection cable, the graphics (joking), the fact that the story is based more on coincidence than any other Zelda game, and the fact that the Korkis and Zora evolved that much that quickly (evolution doesn't work that way).

woot21 out dawgs

I understand everything except your issue with evolution. We don't even know how many years have passed. It could be thousands for all we know, and of course, could just be magic.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Why dont you take a look at Zelda dungeons walkthrough if your stuck. The bottle is at a goddess cube. Or its in a chest. Just use the walkthrough they're are two routes for you to take

woot21

super noob
I understand everything except your issue with evolution. We don't even know how many years have passed. It could be thousands for all we know, and of course, could just be magic.
Come on now, we all know that in the Nintendo universe evolution means a thing becomes bigger and stronger. Besides, it would have had to be millions of years (which means there is no way for the legend to still even be that accurate (as Fi likes to point out) (and why haven't the Hylians evolved?)) for the Zoras to become the Ritos, going by real evolution, where as the Korkis and magic is acceptable, do to the Great Deku Tree, not with the Zoras (since they showed no inclination to magic). Also, it was a tiny nitpick, that was mainly a joke. And I just thought of another thing that bugs me with the plot, Link just leaving at the end. Why not bring his sister and grandma with him?

As for Electivirus, and this comment
Wasn't very impressed with the music, either. This might be blasphemy to say, but (until Skyward Sword) I've never been much of a fan of Zelda music. Focuses a tad too much on ambiance/mood-setting for my liking, especially for dungeons.
I think you might be missing the point of music in a video game.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
and the fact that the Korkis and Zora evolved that much that quickly (evolution doesn't work that way).

This is Nintendo logic we're talking about.

And it's been suggested that the goddesses morphed the Zoras into the Rito so that the Zoras (being aquatic) wouldn't be able to find the old Hyrule at the bottom of the sea.

As for the Korok, they didn't evolve from the Kokiri. The Kokiri are just spirits that take the form of children. The Deku Tree even said that when Hyrule was flooded, they took a different form (the Koroks)

And I just thought of another thing that bugs me with the plot, Link just leaving at the end. Why not bring his sister and grandma with him?

I've always thought that was odd too. "We're going to a new Hyrule, but you can't come along!" I always just assumed they thought it was too dangerous to bring everyone, so once Link and the pirates found a new land, they came back and brought everyone there. Or maybe not; the Links do have a tendency to just leave at the end of the game.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I never really liked Wind Waker I just liked the story and thats it.

Why dont you like Majora's mask?

I think I like Twilight princess a bit better than SS though. Only for the fact they have a snow mountain :D, I cant tell which was better snowboarding or going nuts on the Carts in the Shipyard
Actually in all seriousness I think its more or less I had more puzzles in TP and I loved going wolf XD.

Getting Bugs in TP were more difficult since you had to search more though. Less rupees too

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Also, it was a tiny nitpick, that was mainly a joke.

Ah, it's something that a lot of Zelda fans would probably pick out, so I missed the joking tone.

And I just thought of another thing that bugs me with the plot, Link just leaving at the end. Why not bring his sister and grandma with him?

Maybe he wanted them to stay safe? Not like their world is ending or anything. Link is just going out for more adventure.

As for Electivirus, and this comment I think you might be missing the point of music in a video game.

woot21 out dawgs

I wouldn't even call Wind Waker's music ambient, I feel it's quite upfront. It's very noticeable.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I certainly don't think so, but that's a discussion for another day.

Video game music can be used for many different purposes. Whether it's setting the mood, being ambient music or just being something that plays in the background.

Typically it's supposed to fit the feel of whatever area you're in, and if that's the impression you got from Zelda music then the impression you got is exactly what was intended.

BCVM22

As for the Korok, they didn't evolve from the Kokiri. The Kokiri are just spirits that take the form of children. The Deku Tree even said that when Hyrule was flooded, they took a different form (the Koroks).

Wind Waker's Great Deku Tree said:
"Once upon a time, long ago, the Koroks took on human forms, but when they came to live on the sea, they took these shapes."

Between the wording and the fact that Makar's ancestor was a Kokiri, the suggestion would seem to be that the race that was once the Kokiri slowly became the Korok race over time.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's sort of hard to say that it is evolution. He doesn't say that they slowly became the Korok's, just that they took that shape. Whether that was because of evolution or some other means would really only be a guess.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Between the wording and the fact that Makar's ancestor was a Kokiri, the suggestion would seem to be that the race that was once the Kokiri slowly became the Korok race over time.

I don't see how that quote implies it was a gradual process. He just says they took these forms. If anything, that sounds more like it was instantaneous. Fado being a Kokori doesn't really prove anything; the Kokiri are magical spirits that can change their shape.

woot21

super noob
What about the fact the Koroks can leave the forest and not die? Obviously natural selection realized that this was not a desirable trait for the Kokiri and it got passed on through breeding. They also needed a mode of transportation on the see, so they became smaller and grew those propellers.

woot21 out dawgs