• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

GalactaRay

my favorite zelda game is links awakening because of all the mario references

Links awakening has the most camoe apperances in the whole series. It has Goombas and the eating plants and even a small section of mario platforming in the second dungeon. It even has Kirby and the werid kirby fish in and next to the fourth dungeon or something like that.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
I saw an interview with Eiji Anouma and Miyamoto about SS and they admitted that when they were making TP they wanted it for the Wii because TP was being made when the Wii first came out so they wanted to take advantage of the Wii's controls to make the TP feel like SS but they didn't do very well with making TP feel as realistic with the controls as SS.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I saw an interview with Eiji Anouma and Miyamoto about SS and they admitted that when they were making TP they wanted it for the Wii because TP was being made when the Wii first came out so they wanted to take advantage of the Wii's controls to make the TP feel like SS but they didn't do very well with making TP feel as realistic with the controls as SS.

Has no one ever taught you about run-on sentences?

Skydra

I'm not denying that the game itself did well in terms of sales and reviews (it is Ocarina of Time, after all), but note the use of the word 'concept'. I think a lot of people were mildly to very disappointed that the first Zelda 3DS game was a remake, and I'm sure that a lot of people here, myself included, were hungry for a brand-new handheld game instead of a remake.

Well then, if it did well in terms of sales and reviews, there was no lukewarm reception and thus no economical reason to not remake another. The vocal minority don't dictate the actions of companies. Its like the age-old argument that "people are getting bored of Pokemon and it will stop selling. " The target audience for those games cycles as the younger children grow, and the few people (by few I mean a low percentage, not just a few dozen) that complain are ultimately irrelevant.

Has no one ever taught you about run-on sentences?
Look at the lack of proper punctuation in the previous posts... quite ugly...

Last edited:

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Well then, if it did well in terms of sales and reviews, there was no lukewarm reception

Sales, yes. Reviews, yes. Fanbase? Perhaps not. That is wherein the lukewarm comment lies.

and the few people (by few I mean a low percentage, not just a few dozen) that complain are ultimately irrelevant.

I don't think many people are complaining, no, but like I said, I don't think anyone would have chosen a remake over an original Zelda game on the 3DS, given the choice.

Although I realise that I am being quite hypocritical here as I'm currently reporting on an article which happens to talk a lot about the importance of remakes and the argument for a MM 3D. It boils down to personal opinion on a large scale.

BCVM22

Sales, yes. Reviews, yes. Fanbase? Perhaps not. That is wherein the lukewarm comment lies.

The point was made, though. The game sold well and reviewed well. Don't the two of those together cancel out any "lukewarm" reception on the part of the "fanbase" as far as what matters?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
The point was made, though. The game sold well and reviewed well. Don't the two of those together cancel out any "lukewarm" reception on the part of the "fanbase" as far as what matters?

I don't particularly know what you mean by "cancelling out" the reception in the fanbase, but I know that no matter how well a game happens to perform in terms of sales or reviews, my view of favouring original games being released over remakes won't change.
However I think my flaw in my argument may have stemmed from speaking on behalf of the fans with the apparent "lukewarm" reaction.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Haha. Very funny. Are you my English teacher?

I'd love to be, as long as it will make you stop typing paragraphs as a single sentence.

However I think my flaw in my argument may have stemmed from speaking on behalf of the fans with the apparent "lukewarm" reaction.

And that is the issue, of the millions of people who bought the game you're only hearing of a lukewarm reaction from a small fraction of them.

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
Lukewarm? Oot wasn't a port. They actually REMADE it. It's like half between a new game with a hint of nostalgia. It's amazing and my fav game review sites agree... (IGN, Engadget, Kotaku, Game Informer)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Lukewarm? Oot wasn't a port. They actually REMADE it. It's like half between a new game with a hint of nostalgia. It's amazing and my fav game review sites agree... (IGN, Engadget, Kotaku, Game Informer)

It... was definitely a port. The improved the graphics, that's it. It's the exact same game.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
And that is the issue, of the millions of people who bought the game you're only hearing of a lukewarm reaction from a small fraction of them.

Yes. Hopefully in future I will be able to keep my personal opinions and simple fallacies out of my arguments.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I don't think anyone would have chosen a remake over an original Zelda game on the 3DS, given the choice.

Actually, it's the only reason I bought the 3DS. I enjoy many Zelda games, but to this day, OoT remains my favorite game of all times. (I also bought a N64 so I could get it in its original form)

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I beat Minish Cap yesterday, after having a long hiatus of not playing it. I thought it was going to be way harder... It was still hard, just not in the impossible range as I was expecting and heard about. It just took a long time. Hopefully the next time I play this I won't get as stuck easily and will start doing sidequests earlier.

NarutoUzumakikun

Began playing skyward Sword today and made it to the David Bowie boss battle in the first temple. That temple seems so odd compared to past games. much easier. I actuall enjoyed the battle with him even if I lost. Got my heart potion and ready to take him on. Only issue with the game is the beetle flying and bird flying.

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
In telling you! Anouma announced that a Zelda 3DS title would be released in 2013-14, but his only hint was:
"It will be a game where 3D really matters"
Zelda 3DS is in the works.... But like his games, Anouma likes to allow us to ponder for awhile....

BCVM22

Not quite. He said what anyone could have told you: that Zelda will have a further presence on the 3DS and that they were working on innovative ways to use the 3D. He said nothing about release dates, and he didn't "announce" anything specific.

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
Anouma has said very little, I know. But that is ,more than I can say for the WiiU.....

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Symphony of the Goddesses Tour to visit London in May.

I have strongly mixed feelings. I'm ecstatic that we Brits are able to get another chance to experience the incredible music at the Apollo for the second year running, but I'm totally skint and tickets go on sale on Monday. Typical.