• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

KillerDraco

Or similarly, I really liked the upgrade system in Skyward Sword. It was really rewarding but didn't really force you to grind for any long periods of time.

But eff getting feathers from the birds. That was easily the worst part of the upgrade system for me. Catching those birds had a bit of a learning curve, and required more precision and timing than any boss battle.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Speaking of Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'm gonna find it really hard to play both of these massive games.
I have a feeling though that I'm gonna favor Zelda more cause it looks fantastic. I really can't wait to explore this game :D

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
That footage was amazing. I don't care about graphics at this point, the art style from Day 1 worked for me so much, and now that we have a confirmation that the world is absolutely humongous, for Zelda at least, I can now wait patiently till they have the material needed to do a proper unveiling. Sure it looks empty now, but I trust Nintendo enough to fill it up with the needed stuff. Insect hunting was my favorite thing in TP for example, so if they manage to include not just 20 but say like 100-150 species of bugs, then I will be very happy. I like going out there and categorizing the wildlife, same thing with fishing too. Give us a proper ecosystem for every aspect of wildlife.

Also, does anyone else think Link's new companion is going to be some magical animal? I personally want a hawk, that can be used to get a lay of the land through some sort of empath powers between it and Link. Another thing, I feel that for this game some sort of Spanish guitar would be perfect for the musical instrument of this game. Strumming on the game pad, stuff like that. Not to mention I would find it very magical to sit in front of a bonfire at night time at the edge of Lake Hylia, to play something like the song of healing to rest for the night.Not to mention I want the final battle to be an epic guitar duel between link and Ganon

Recon

That footage was amazing. I don't care about graphics at this point, the art style from Day 1 worked for me so much, and now that we have a confirmation that the world is absolutely humongous, for Zelda at least, I can now wait patiently till they have the material needed to do a proper unveiling. Sure it looks empty now, but I trust Nintendo enough to fill it up with the needed stuff. Insect hunting was my favorite thing in TP for example, so if they manage to include not just 20 but say like 100-150 species of bugs, then I will be very happy. I like going out there and categorizing the wildlife, same thing with fishing too. Give us a proper ecosystem for every aspect of wildlife.

Also, does anyone else think Link's new companion is going to be some magical animal? I personally want a hawk, that can be used to get a lay of the land through some sort of empath powers between it and Link. Another thing, I feel that for this game some sort of Spanish guitar would be perfect for the musical instrument of this game. Strumming on the game pad, stuff like that. Not to mention I would find it very magical to sit in front of a bonfire at night time at the edge of Lake Hylia, to play something like the song of healing to rest for the night.Not to mention I want the final battle to be an epic guitar duel between link and Ganon

If that guitar battle is anything like this, yes please.

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
In Hyrule Warriors, is there some way to change what Epona looks like or am I crazy?

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I don't think anyone else noticed this, but I watched GameXplain's Game Awards video when they zoomed in on the TV, and I saw that, when they used the sail cloth, the magic meeter went down a tiny bit.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Oh I see. How do I unlock them? Adventure mode or just through weapon drops?

Weapon drops. I've got a few from my Link, Samus and Capitan Falcon Amiibos.

It's very Random. One of the first drops after the release of that DLC was the top end Epona.

Vipsoccermaster

So I finally just unlocked Agitha. Cause I needed the Water Bomb card to do so and I earned it where you had to do KO 800 enemies in less than 10 minutes. I really need to level up some warriors and get more A ranks. Still need to unlock Zant and Ghirahim.

Recon

So, how do you unlock better spinners?
Also I HATE the mission that unlocks Lana's Kokiri spear. HOW does one do it!?? Any advice?

The requirements for an A rank are as follows:
1200 enemy kills
Win < 15:00
Take less than 4000 (10 hearts) of damage overall

Spam your B combo. It's your only good move. If you see an officer charging up an attack, cancel out of your current animation with your dodge, and get behind the officer. When the weak-point gauge shows, break it.

Use your super attack sparingly, it has a long animation and doesn't hit a lot of enemies. You're graded on time so you need to get stuff done fast.

As soon as you hit around 1100 kills and can go into the enemy's base, drop everything and run over there. You should be able to get the last 100 kills in their base or on your way there easily.

Other General tips:
If you dodge and hold the button while holding a certain direction, you automatically go into a run. Upon going into a run, the only way to be interrupted is if you get hit, you attack, or stop. So, once you start running, you can release the dodge button and you'll stay in a run.
Materials and weapons will automatically be picked up at the end of the battle. No need to spend extra time running around the battlefield looking for loot you think you have missed.
Try not to pick up hearts, this will allow you to see how much damage you've sustained and whether or not you're still in contention for an A rank.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Ok, today was odd day. I was trying to get secondary Gold Skulltulas in Hyrule Warriors. I was doing the Lake Hylia level, and when I was going ty challenge Zelda, King Dodongo appeared. It was important part of mission, so I went to challenge it, but then I saw this in front of me.

King Dodongo looking more badass than usual? I was so confused about fact that it was looking like that, is it some sort of special thing or what? Because i did some other levels with King Dodongo in it, but they looked like usual.

Zachmac

King Dodongo looking more badass than usual? I was so confused about fact that it was looking like that, is it some sort of special thing or what? Because i did some other levels with King Dodongo in it, but they looked like usual.
Yeah, Dodongo looks different in that level, probably because it's from a different time. While dodognos in that game usually resemble the ones from the original LoZ, this guy is more like the one from OoT.
KingDodongo+legend+of+zelda+ocarina+of+time+N64+nintendo+64.jpg

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Yeah, Dodongo looks different in that level, probably because it's from a different time. While dodognos in that game usually resemble the ones from the original LoZ, this guy is more like the one from OoT.
KingDodongo+legend+of+zelda+ocarina+of+time+N64+nintendo+64.jpg

Ah, that makes sense. I haven't watched OoT let's plays long time or played the game on my own, so I didn't remember that it looked like that. Thanks for giving me explanation, no need to be confused any more :D

That is nice touch any way.