• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just recently finished link between world on both levels and ive moved onto ocarina of time 3d. is there anything i need to do to target the gold spiders in the basement of Deku tree i hit L and y for the sling shot but i dont get the targeting for the spider.

more importantly how do i save my progress? so far i just let link be defeated to force a save option. are those large boulders save points?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i just recently finished link between world on both levels and ive moved onto ocarina of time 3d. is there anything i need to do to target the gold spiders in the basement of Deku tree i hit L and y for the sling shot but i dont get the targeting for the spider.

more importantly how do i save my progress? so far i just let link be defeated to force a save option. are those large boulders save points?

You can't target Gold Skultulas, and you save in the menu.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You can't target Gold Skultulas, and you save in the menu.

ty for the reply, how do you acces the menu? i hit gear, items buttons and didnt see save yet. though i havent yet saved the deku tree. i just found out that i need the camera/tilt function for the sling shot. are there a few things the tilt function is needed for aiming? zora's slippers would be rather useful in the ocarina Deku tree i cant get the trick to dive down for the button.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I would recommend it, especially if you don't want to spend your money on all of the Wii U version's DLC, as the 3DS version comes with all the DLC plus new characters!

Plus... that sexy Zelda design...

Except, well, it looks like yet another Xenoblade Chronicles port with everything looking blockier, though I guess the DLC part alleviates this somewhat.

Me? I'm going to buy it, transport the Wind Waker characters, and sell it back in Amazon.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
So I just finished Majora's Mask 3D (my first entry in the LoZ series) and while I was fully engrossed in it and love the story and environment, I just have to say "**** this series".

It was extremely frustrating at times and screw this whole " So much more rewarding " bs. Timing my jumps in water and trying not to fall off the walkway while doing the Goron rolls was NOT rewarding even after I got it considering all the attempts.

Also, I enjoy exploring in a game, that's what I do but I would have NEVER gotten any of the side missions without help from the internet. The Couples storyline? Yeah, I wouldn't have known what to do.

I must say, I LOVED the time limit though. The whole "the Moon will fall in 3 days" kept me on my toes (though I guess, it added to the frustration considering my playstyle though...) and I have always had a fondness for the design of Majora's Mask.

I will be trying the next console game but I think LoZ isn't for me.

Grey Wind

A lot of the older games can be really frustrating, especially during the dungeons. It's gotten a lot better in recent entries (particularly ALBW and Skyward Sword). I wouldn't let that put you off the series.

Aurath8

Though I haven't played MM3D myself, it's definitely not an ideal starting point for the series. The game went out of its way to be esoteric in both gameplay and story.

I think Ocarina of Time 3D is the best starting point, as it laid the groundwork for or all other 3D Zeldas while fixing many of the original games problems, including making it not look like vomit by today's standards(N64 games have aged horribly). Story-wise its important too; other 3D Zeldas besides Skyward Sword are all sequels to it.
Disclaimer: Oot is still a 16 year old game, and may still frustrate at times (I still think the Lens of Truth, and thus the Bottom of the Well/invisible Floormasters were low points of the game). Having been wizened by MM it should be less jarring, but I'd be surprised if you completed the whole game without looking up something.

That said, other more recent Zelda games are still excellent and far more accessible than anything the 90s has to offer and that trend doesn't appear to be stopping any time soon. Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or whatever. Go play one of them.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im a bit stuck here. i need to complete 1 dungeon as an adult in Ocarina of time 3d. ive long ago went to adult form and i didnt plan a seed for the short cut to the forest temple. can i still get there through the lost woods maze?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
im a bit stuck here. i need to complete 1 dungeon as an adult in Ocarina of time 3d. ive long ago went to adult form and i didnt plan a seed for the short cut to the forest temple. can i still get there through the lost woods maze?

You can go back in time at any point by putting the Master Sword back into the pedestal in the Temple of Time.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You can back in time at any point by putting the Master Sword back into the pedestal in the Temple of Time.

ty very much, i want to get that blue tunic so i dont keep drowning, got most of the way thru water temple adult to learn i need a bow. back tracked to the forest for it.

No magic bean is essential to reach the Temple, in any case.

ty very much. after much confusion and anger i got thru the forest and learned the hard way i can hook shot those bullrush granbulls to defeat them.

looks like the songs serve as a warp point, very useful to know.

fhqwhgads

ty very much. after much confusion and anger i got thru the forest and learned the hard way i can hook shot those bullrush granbulls to defeat them.

looks like the songs serve as a warp point, very useful to know.
Oh my god, this is precious.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm surprised they haven't done that already.

You really shouldn't. They had said that Wind Waker's art-style wasn't good enough for the Wii U version, which is why we get it in the 3DS version. And that includes Toon Link, and everything associated with WW and other similar titles (PH and ST).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You really shouldn't. They had said that Wind Waker's art-style wasn't good enough for the Wii U version, which is why we get it in the 3DS version. And that includes Toon Link, and everything associated with WW and other similar titles (PH and ST).

I didn't know they said that. Still, they seemed so desperate for characters, I would think that something like Toon Link would be snatched up quickly.

Illusio

No words, only rage

Where did they say that?