• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Leyniar

Can anyone confirm this, I've been reading that two local friends can find a third online and play. Is this true? Could you also have one other friend join you (from friend code) online and find a random third player? That would be sweet!

Torpoleon

Can anyone confirm this, I've been reading that two local friends can find a third online and play. Is this true? Could you also have one other friend join you (from friend code) online and find a random third player? That would be sweet!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can do that.

Spacial

procrastination
Only remembered about my pre-order on this in the last few days, marks the first of a wave of purchases (Xenoblade Chronicles X, FE Fates, PMD) for me. Hoping it will arrive on or before Saturday ^^

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
For anyone who cares, Tri Force Heroes has been confirmed to be set several years after A Link Between Worlds. That's where Link headed to, as Hyrule and Hytopia are connected kingdoms.

Problem is, no one is sure which of the Links is the one who visited Hytopia, of course.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
For anyone who cares, Tri Force Heroes has been confirmed to be set several years after A Link Between Worlds. That's where Link headed to, as Hyrule and Hytopia are connected kingdoms.

Problem is, no one is sure which of the Links is the one who visited Hytopia, of course.

I think they said the Link you control in the game (the green one) is the true Link hailing from Hyrule.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
What luck. I bought my 3DS XL this July. And now there's another Zelda themed one out >.> And it looks better than the Majora-themed one..

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
I've been loving tri force heroes so far but unfortunately none of my friends are gonna get it so I'm stuck with randoms but does anyone know if I can get friendly tokens from online play?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Unfortunately for you (and a lot of people without friends like me), you can only obtain Friendly Tokens through local or download play. It sucks, but, yeah.
That is a pity. The Tri Suit (which takes 5 such tokens) is pretty great. More rupees, bigger magic bar, 'Lucky' power, and it looks cool. Catch is everyone needs to be wearing it for the effects!

Ended up getting it (thank you price-match and Target here), as I had an event with friends who also play Nintendo stuff, and my roommate has it too as well so we'll just play with someone else online. It is pretty fun, and I like that there's some change-up to enemies for the bonus challenges as well. Fair bit of gameplay to it as a result, although the time limit challenges seem very harsh...

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
That is a pity. The Tri Suit (which takes 5 such tokens) is pretty great. More rupees, bigger magic bar, 'Lucky' power, and it looks cool. Catch is everyone needs to be wearing it for the effects!

Ended up getting it (thank you price-match and Target here), as I had an event with friends who also play Nintendo stuff, and my roommate has it too as well so we'll just play with someone else online. It is pretty fun, and I like that there's some change-up to enemies for the bonus challenges as well. Fair bit of gameplay to it as a result, although the time limit challenges seem very harsh...

How are the Tokens received? I'm planning to get the game, as well as a New Nintendo 3DS, but I need to know this little detail: say that you connect with a friend locally and get a Token out of this. Can you get a Token again by connecting with the same friend again?

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
How are the Tokens received? I'm planning to get the game, as well as a New Nintendo 3DS, but I need to know this little detail: say that you connect with a friend locally and get a Token out of this. Can you get a Token again by connecting with the same friend again?

no you get 1 per friend, and only through local or download play.
so you need 8 friends to get both outfits.

I am so glad I have a friend with TFH because doing the coliseum with unknown people can be pretty unfair. (looking at you master sword suit and spin attack attire).

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I sort of wanted to play Twilight Princess again. I got my Wii out and everything, ready to play. 6 minutes into the game, I shut it off.
The graphics, my God they sucked. Such an amazing game let down by graphics alone. I sure didn't notice that all those years ago.

I hope we get the HD remake, along with an updated and clearer music score.

KillerDraco

I sort of wanted to play Twilight Princess again. I got my Wii out and everything, ready to play. 6 minutes into the game, I shut it off.
The graphics, my God they sucked. Such an amazing game let down by graphics alone. I sure didn't notice that all those years ago.

I hope we get the HD remake, along with an updated and clearer music score.

Um... what?

Its graphics may not be amazing by today's standards but they're nowhere near as bad as you're making them out to be. It's not as though they've aged poorly, either.

You must have a terrible time trying to play SNES or PS1 games if you're claiming TP is unplayable due to graphics.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Don't get me wrong, Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game.
I'm not comparing the graphics to today's standard. But for the Wii, it isn't as good as it should be.

And it is unplayable now, it wasn't then.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm not comparing the graphics to today's standard. But for the Wii, it isn't as good as it should be.

I could be wrong on this since I never compared them directly, but I feel like Twilight Princess had better graphics than Ocarina of Time 3D/Majora's Mask 3D. Even if it didn't, I don't think it was that much more worse.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
To be fair, TP's serious/mature/grimdark artstyle doesn't really do the technical side much justice, particularly on the 480p Wii.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

So do you not play any games released prior to like PS3/360 era or something? I'm legitimately curious, because while sure the GCN is pretty old, the graphics that it's capable of are nowhere near the level of what the N64 and PS1 are responsible for. Let alone anything older.