• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Nintendo confirms they are TPing (get it) Zelda Wii U, delaying it to 2017 and releasing builds for both the Wii U and the NX.

The more this game is delayed, the more anxious I get, because it seems I'm constantly having to put more faith into the idea that Nintendo know what they're doing and that it'll genuinely be worth the wait in the end. I suppose we'll know more by June. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well... it wouldn't be a true Zelda game if it didn't get delayed a hundred times.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
See, the worst part is that the more it's delayed, the higher the expectations will be because extra time to work on it and all, and then when it comes out, people will moan because it's not 'up to expectations', when in reality if the exact same game was released on the original date, then the same people would be calling it an amazing game.

Also, HWL Master Quest. Stuck on one specific level, where you have to clear three trials and not get hit (Looking to A rank, but I would take a B at this point). But then Agitha/Midna wombo combo at the end ruins me every single damned time. I've tried with Ganondorf, Cia and Twili Midna, no success (Darkness and Lightning-recommended level, but I don't really like the Lightning weapons short of the Trident, and even then the Great Blades look to be better for this sort of thing.) Any help?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
That eerie E3 symbol... I'm kind of thinking that this game could take place prior to Ocarina of Time where the Sheikans were still around. /Guessing...

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
That eerie E3 symbol... I'm kind of thinking that this game could take place prior to Ocarina of Time where the Sheikans were still around. /Guessing...

I think the game will explore the Interloper War mentioned in Twilight Princess, it would make sense if we take into account the mysterious data that gets saved in the Wolf Link amiibo from TP HD to transfer it to the new game to unlock... something? Yeah, that looks like it will be the case.

BCVM22

I think the game will explore the Interloper War mentioned in Twilight Princess, it would make sense if we take into account the mysterious data that gets saved in the Wolf Link amiibo from TP HD to transfer it to the new game to unlock... something? Yeah, that looks like it will be the case.

There's nothing else that suggests such a connection, though there's nothing that suggests against such a connection, because we know literally nothing about the upcoming game, making it an empty statement to try and make such a declaration one way or the other.

"This could be the case" - a reasonable assertion - and "that looks like it will be the case" - a largely baseless assertion - are not the same thing.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I decided to play Majora's Mask again, to see if I can truly get into like a lot of others have.

And then the lilypad jumping in the swamp and the obstacle course after Woodfall Temple reminds me that a game where a perpetual ticking clock is a game mechanic cannot have gameplay set pieces where the most minute of mistakes sets you back to the very beginning to do over again as a means to pad out game time, and Majora's Mask's total lack of regard of following that basic principle has killed any interest I have of playing this game again.

Houka

Umm what? the game is quiet linnet on time unless you taking hours to complete those. I don't see how that would cause any problem as for as the clock is concern. With maybe the Stone Tower being the only exception (Only if your going for all Stray Fairies).

KillerDraco

Umm what? the game is quiet linnet on time unless you taking hours to complete those. I don't see how that would cause any problem as for as the clock is concern. With maybe the Stone Tower being the only exception (Only if your going for all Stray Fairies).

Either that, or someone isn't using the Inverted Song of Time.

The time limit may be inconvenient at times for sure, but it's hardly an insurmountable obstacle. There's more than enough time to do what you need to do, unless you're trying to do EVERYTHING in a single 3-day span (which isn't even possible since many side quests are mutually exclusive). It's hardly enough to damn the entire game, at least in my opinion.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Either that, or someone isn't using the Inverted Song of Time.

The time limit may be inconvenient at times for sure, but it's hardly an insurmountable obstacle. There's more than enough time to do what you need to do, unless you're trying to do EVERYTHING in a single 3-day span (which isn't even possible since many side quests are mutually exclusive). It's hardly enough to damn the entire game, at least in my opinion.

This. You're only rushed for time if you leave it till the last day to rush a temple or do a quest, and that's completely avoidable and generally just a bit of bad planning. The only times you should be anywhere near running out of time are the First 3 Days and when you're going for the final boss, or on the Anju/Kafei quest which keeps you till about 2am on the final night. Otherwise, the final day's really just finishing up the stuff you did that cycle, maybe exploring areas after beating the local boss.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think Majora's Mask is supposed to be a parody of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Everybody acts weird, and "Let's do the time warp again!".

On a serious note though, I feel that Majora's Mask plays out like a Buddhist belief.

Buddhism believes you get reincarnated to another round of suffering. It is until you break that cycle that you are free.
Also, the various masked from the deceased characters make me think that they ended their suffering.

But just a thought...

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Maybe, I've seen all sorts of parallels. One key one imo is the clear rift between civilizations. The Clock Town people are worried about the moon falling, the Gorons are worried about freezing to death, the Zora are worried about a missing guitarist (and the eggs, but that's a cover-up), the Deku are worried about their princess and blaming the outsider (a monkey), and then the people living in the valley are all dead barring two people, and their main concern is that one's been turned into a living mummy and now the last one's got the mummy locked in a cupboard while ther mummies surround the house doing their whole ONE OF US ONE OF US thing.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Can anyone help me with this Great Sea Map mission in HWL?

I am supposed to defeat Phantom Ganon, the Imprisoned and Ganon himself with an A Rank to get to the mission to unlock Young Link's Lv 2 weapon. How the **** am I supposed to do that?!

Also, can someone tell me how to battle Ganon 'cause I forgot?

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Right, so first up, that level's a bugger. Personally, I went for Phantom Ganon first because he's the easiest, then Ganon, and then the Imprisoned. Took me a while, using Master Sword Link, Dual Blades Ganondorf and Linkle/Volga (idr which, I think Linkle).

Phantom Ganon's irritating but fairly easy, first round is Dead Man's Volley with the white ball or just hit all five small black ones back at him. Helps to have some range before doing this, he also floats up a bit higher before either of these attacks iirc. Then, you need to hit his back, although the blast radius from throwing bombs at his front will usually hit his back too.

Ganon's just old boss strats again. If he starts sticking his hands into the floor, Boomerang. This phase happens twice. Right hand summoning a fireball, bombs. Left arm has an eye and fires lasers, Bow. Starts flying and breathing fire, Hookshot him when his tail glows. Then, either just after his rush attack or when he sticks his hands in the floor, shoot the glowing crystal on his head (Locking on usually guarantees the hit). For all of these attacks, it helps if you're a bit back from him, being near means he'll just spin on the spot a bit. Bit harder because he's in a corridor iirc, but it's doable. Just try not to get the Imprisoned attacking you too.

Imprisoned's the worst of the bunch. Save him for last so you have special attacks and fairy uses, because you can utterly whack his toes in one shot with a fairy or most special moves.

Otherwise, normal rules on mini-boss rush. Even if you knowingly screw up on one of the criteria, finish it anyway because Ganon and Phantom Ganon drops are buggers to find normally. If two or more are attacking you at once, reset. You'll be pushed to beat the challenge at all with two of them (usually Ganon and The Imprisoned) attacking you.

Also, other news bit I didn't say earlier because doublepost: Medli and the Master Wind Waker pack are out on the 19th May. AKA this coming Thursday. Although it looks like all Medli's weapons and stuff are in the MWW map, so there's the inevitable moneysink.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Right, so first up, that level's a bugger. Personally, I went for Phantom Ganon first because he's the easiest, then Ganon, and then the Imprisoned. Took me a while, using Master Sword Link, Dual Blades Ganondorf and Linkle/Volga (idr which, I think Linkle).

Phantom Ganon's irritating but fairly easy, first round is Dead Man's Volley with the white ball or just hit all five small black ones back at him. Helps to have some range before doing this, he also floats up a bit higher before either of these attacks iirc. Then, you need to hit his back, although the blast radius from throwing bombs at his front will usually hit his back too.

Ganon's just old boss strats again. If he starts sticking his hands into the floor, Boomerang. This phase happens twice. Right hand summoning a fireball, bombs. Left arm has an eye and fires lasers, Bow. Starts flying and breathing fire, Hookshot him when his tail glows. Then, either just after his rush attack or when he sticks his hands in the floor, shoot the glowing crystal on his head (Locking on usually guarantees the hit). For all of these attacks, it helps if you're a bit back from him, being near means he'll just spin on the spot a bit. Bit harder because he's in a corridor iirc, but it's doable. Just try not to get the Imprisoned attacking you too.

Imprisoned's the worst of the bunch. Save him for last so you have special attacks and fairy uses, because you can utterly whack his toes in one shot with a fairy or most special moves.

Otherwise, normal rules on mini-boss rush. Even if you knowingly screw up on one of the criteria, finish it anyway because Ganon and Phantom Ganon drops are buggers to find normally. If two or more are attacking you at once, reset. You'll be pushed to beat the challenge at all with two of them (usually Ganon and The Imprisoned) attacking you.

Also, other news bit I didn't say earlier because doublepost: Medli and the Master Wind Waker pack are out on the 19th May. AKA this coming Thursday. Although it looks like all Medli's weapons and stuff are in the MWW map, so there's the inevitable moneysink.

Thanks, I managed to clear it :)

Any advice on the Young Link Lv 2 weapon mission? Can you tell me the A Rank requirements for said one? Cause I ended the mission with 12,000 or so damage and got a B (I thought you get a C for damage over 10,000?)

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
A rank reqs are almost always:
-Under 15 minutes
-4000 or less points of damage
-1200+ KOs.

This goes for pretty much every level on every adventure map.

The Lv2 Young Link weapon is an awful mission. It took me ages (like, I'd cleared about two-thirds of Master Quest before I finally beat it), but the trick is pretty much 'abuse Fierce Deity'. YL can get essentially infinite Focus Spirit and ruin the Stone Blins because his strong attack converts SP to MP, even mid-Focus Spirit. Try and max out his Din's Fire, Fierce Deity, Hover Boots and Mirror Shield badges, then it's a lot easier.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
A rank reqs are almost always:
-Under 15 minutes
-4000 or less points of damage
-1200+ KOs.

This goes for pretty much every level on every adventure map.

The Lv2 Young Link weapon is an awful mission. It took me ages (like, I'd cleared about two-thirds of Master Quest before I finally beat it), but the trick is pretty much 'abuse Fierce Deity'. YL can get essentially infinite Focus Spirit and ruin the Stone Blins because his strong attack converts SP to MP, even mid-Focus Spirit. Try and max out his Din's Fire, Fierce Deity, Hover Boots and Mirror Shield badges, then it's a lot easier.

My many thanks, I finally got the damn thing. I have to remember how useful Focus Sprit is from now on. Also unlocked the Master Quest Map, yay.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Yeah, Focus Spirit's ok-ish, but Young Link is fully reliant upon abusing Focus Spirit, because he does very little damage without it.

Master Quest's fun, especially when they don't tell you that the Recorder can reveal enemies as well. Plus the compass sparkly spots for Recorder reveals are really hard to spot on the background. Otherwise, everything's in basically the same place as the base Adventure map. You also get these 'defend the allied keeps with your life' challenges which are awful. It essentially means you need to run around and make sure that your keeps don't fall, while killing x amount of enemy captains. Usually, a good idea would be to target the captains quickly, heading back to deal with Stalchildren/Bokoblins/Bulblins as and when necessary: They can stay in a keep for a while, but they will eventually take it. It sucks. Also, other Master Quest stuff: If the challenge rule says 'No Guarding', then the damage req for A/B/C rank is usually removed, so it's just KOs and clear.

It's the very top left tile.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Yeah, Focus Spirit's ok-ish, but Young Link is fully reliant upon abusing Focus Spirit, because he does very little damage without it.

Master Quest's fun, especially when they don't tell you that the Recorder can reveal enemies as well. Plus the compass sparkly spots for Recorder reveals are really hard to spot on the background. Otherwise, everything's in basically the same place as the base Adventure map. You also get these 'defend the allied keeps with your life' challenges which are awful. It essentially means you need to run around and make sure that your keeps don't fall, while killing x amount of enemy captains. Usually, a good idea would be to target the captains quickly, heading back to deal with Stalchildren/Bokoblins/Bulblins as and when necessary: They can stay in a keep for a while, but they will eventually take it. It sucks. Also, other Master Quest stuff: If the challenge rule says 'No Guarding', then the damage req for A/B/C rank is usually removed, so it's just KOs and clear.

It's the very top left tile.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Though I won't begin my trek there for now, need to get the remaining Skulltulas from the Great Sea Map first (no one gives a damn about Heart Containers/Pieces of Heart :p)

If I get the Lv 3 weapons in Master Quest, I will have a better chance with the Hard Mode Skulltulas in Legend Mode, I think. Doing what I can for Zelda's Argorok costume :)

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
See, I haven't unlocked anything from the Rewards map. I've unlocked two levels, and A-ranked one, but... nothing. The map shows there's an outfit before I unlock the level, but when I unlock the level, there's no reward. the specific maps were the Running to the Rescue one and the one with Sheik, Ruto and Darunia.