• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I believe they mentioned there would be villages and such, but they didn't want to spoil too much at the start.

They did indeed say that.

BCVM22

can you cook/hurt Cuccoos??

There's an item description for one of the cooked combo items (yep...) that says it can be made with steak or bird meat. Since you can hunt deer and boar for meat in the forests, it stands to reason that somewhere down the line there are some manner of wild fowl that you can hunt and take meat from in the same way.

I guess I am more of an urban person. How about towns or more NPCs?

Aonuma said that there are settlements to be found in the game but that they were omitted from the demo specifically to avoid giving away story details. Which makes sense - the Old Man is the only NPC found in the demo and he gives away a fair few bits of story on his own.

fhqwhgads

There's an item description for one of the cooked combo items (yep...) that says it can be made with steak or bird meat. Since you can hunt deer and boar for meat in the forests, it stands to reason that somewhere down the line there are some manner of wild fowl that you can hunt and take meat from in the same way.
Follow-up question, can we cook Rito?

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Even if they say there are villages, I'm getting the impression they will be pretty small. I liked areas like Clock Town, and I don't see it happening here. Based on the footage I saw, I'm not really convinced that wandering in the wild can carry the game on its own.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Even if they say there are villages, I'm getting the impression they will be pretty small. I liked areas like Clock Town, and I don't see it happening here. Based on the footage I saw, I'm not really convinced that wandering in the wild can carry the game on its own.

Considering how huge the map is, I don't really see any reason why all the villages would be small. No doubt there will be some small villages, but I'm sure there will be some large towns or cities as well.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'm with Hydrohs in that there probably will be various towns in the world. From the videos I've seen we've been kept to a secluded area and haven't seen much beyond it. I imagine there will be at least one big town and several small ones.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Hydrohs said:
Considering how huge the map is, I don't really see any reason why all the villages would be small. No doubt there will be some small villages, but I'm sure there will be some large towns or cities as well.
Isn't the premise of the game that Hyrule is in ruins or at least in pretty bad shape? It would feel out of place to suddenly have large towns. But I think the quality of NPCs is a bigger issue than the actual size of the place.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm kind of interested in breath of the wild. The graphics look awesome and it's nice how open Hyrule is but I wasn't to into skyward sword (only played it twice) so not sure if I will get it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
but I wasn't to into skyward sword (only played it twice) so not sure if I will get it.

Most of the people raving about BotW are the same ones who were sick of how recent 3D titles have just been aping OoT, so it's probably worth keeping your eye on.

Judge BotW on its own merits, not those of its predecessor.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Isn't the premise of the game that Hyrule is in ruins or at least in pretty bad shape? It would feel out of place to suddenly have large towns. But I think the quality of NPCs is a bigger issue than the actual size of the place.

It depends, you can have large scale towns that are very underdeveloped from a technological standpoint. It's kind of hard to say what the rest of the world will be like at this point, since we saw so little and know so little.

Seachran

It depends, you can have large scale towns that are very underdeveloped from a technological standpoint. It's kind of hard to say what the rest of the world will be like at this point, since we saw so little and know so little.
It might be that the people abandoned the main places like Hyrule Castle Town and Kakariko Village during a war, and now they're just living in new places we haven't heard of before where they've built new towns. And depending on how long ago this conflict was (which judging by the ruins was in fact quite long ago) then it would be perfectly fine for them to have large towns built.