• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Been doing nothing but farming for Korok seeds the last couple of days. I'm over 1/3 of the way there and have the entire upper left corner of the map cleared but there are still hundreds to find. I'm enjoying it a lot even though I've had to use a guide to find where they are. I'd honestly be at it forever if I didn't use one though and it also shows me where shrines are. I'm up to 87 of those.

At the moment I'm trying to get the Lord of the Mountain to appear so I can add it to my compendium. I'm not concerned with catching it for a mount as I have Epona instead. Going to continue searching the upper right of the map for Korok seeds after I find it and then start working my way south and clearing everywhere around Zora's Domain and then towards Gerudo Desert. I wish the Korok seeds showed up on the map without having to zoom right in. It would make it so much easier to keep track of the ones I've found since I can't stamp them as I use those to mark the locations of ones I've yet to find. 100 stamps also isn't anywhere near enough when hunting Korok seeds.

You can't register the Lord of the Mountain anyway. As with everything else that's not a horse.

BCVM22

DLC Expansion Pack 1 details

Highlights include the trial dungeon, hard mode, a map feature that details where you've traveled and spent the most time, and new masks and armors based on past games, including a Korok Mask that shakes whenever you're near a hidden Korok.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
DLC Expansion Pack 1 details

Highlights include the trial dungeon, hard mode, a map feature that details where you've traveled and spent the most time, and new masks and armors based on past games, including a Korok Mask that shakes whenever you're near a hidden Korok.

Oh I see. I have yet to get the DLCs. Seems like all of those features will be very helpful. And the masks and armors? Nice. I could do without the Tingle one though...Although I'm terrible at completing games 100 %, so...Ah well. I'm at least am looking forward to the new story that be a part of the second DLC. I need to beat the game already...once I gather some more food.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh I see. I have yet to get the DLCs. Seems like all of those features will be very helpful. And the masks and armors? Nice. I could do without the Tingle one though...Although I'm terrible at completing games 100 %, so...Ah well. I'm at least am looking forward to the new story that be a part of the second DLC. I need to beat the game already...once I gather some more food.
Why's that? =p

05_tinglesoutfit.jpg

Rakurai

The mention of even higher ranked enemies exclusive to hard mode gives me the impression there's going to be golden monsters as the top rank instead of silver.

Hopefully they're not just HP sponges with better archery skills like the current silver enemies.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Decent DLC content.

Really intrigued with what the Majora's Mask and Midna's Helmet add to.

And have my new favorite costume for Link. Win-win.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Surprised to see Russian language support.

Nintendo is really serious about Russia, it seems, and that makes me happy, contemporary politics aside.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Interesting tidbit from IGN: if you complete the trials dungeon, the Master Sword will permanently be in its powered-up state.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05...-of-the-wild-first-dlc-pack-details-announced

I was wondering what they meant by unleashing its true power. Too bad the Sword Trial seems way too annoying for me to bother with.

The mention of even higher ranked enemies exclusive to hard mode gives me the impression there's going to be golden monsters as the top rank instead of silver.

Hopefully they're not just HP sponges with better archery skills like the current silver enemies.

That's probably what they're going to be.

BCVM22

I was wondering what they meant by unleashing its true power. Too bad the Sword Trial seems way too annoying for me to bother with

It's not like they were going to make it easy to upgrade your weapon to a 60 one-handed sword with proficiency against Guardian and Blight enemies plus a projectile ability, that repairs itself 10 minutes after it "breaks." That's a borderline broken weapon - the grind to get it has to be commensurate.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's not like they were going to make it easy to upgrade your weapon to a 60 one-handed sword with proficiency against Guardian and Blight enemies plus a projectile ability, that repairs itself 10 minutes after it "breaks." That's a borderline broken weapon - the grind to get it has to be commensurate.

Oh, I totally get why it's annoying. The 'breaking' was already pretty annoying for me, but that holds true with pretty much the entirety of the weapon system.

It will also be possible with the new update to switch audio language and subtitles, which is a welcome change even though I've already heard all of the game's spoken dialogue.

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Well, it took me forever, but I finally managed to beat "A Major Test of Strength" trial in a shrine. Two of them actually. They aren't that difficult once you memorize their movements, but I'm slow to act a lot and take a lot of damage. Whether its just my reflexes or the gamepad I'm not sure. :p

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Well, it took me forever, but I finally managed to beat "A Major Test of Strength" trial in a shrine. Two of them actually. They aren't that difficult once you memorize their movements, but I'm slow to act a lot and take a lot of damage. Whether its just my reflexes or the gamepad I'm not sure. :p

I just spammed Stasis and used Ancient Axe++ Spin Attack. Deals a lot of damage, and if you keep circling whilst doing so, you can avoid its attacks as well.

I have to figure out some way to get my hands on some Amiibos. I want to unlock those tunics.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The Major Tests of Strength are a perfect example of one of my complaints with the way combat works. They're not especially hard, just time consuming. It's really boring.

BCVM22

They go a lot quicker if you've got a few good ancient weapons (including arrows) on you. A thunder weapon also works (until it breaks and the scout still has 3/4 of its HP, as you said).

I like them as a source of Ancient ++ weapons, especially since all of the class II/III/IV Guardian Scouts in the test of strength shrines respawn with a blood moon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Well I am ashamed to say that I've played Botw for about 130 hours and only now have I learned the Camera function has a selfie mode :)

Haunter ゴースト

I'm sure this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but what's everybody's opinion on the timeline placement of BOTW?

I'm calling end of the Child Timeline.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'm sure this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but what's everybody's opinion on the timeline placement of BOTW?

I'm calling end of the Child Timeline.

From everything I've seen, it's most likely the Downfall timeline. This is mainly due to the history written on one of the Zora tablets as well as the appearance of the so far Downfall Timeline only Lynels. It could be the Adult timeline, but I find it highly unlikely because Hyrule is not flooded and I think that something like the complete flooding of Hyrule would have been mentioned. If the Zora tablets and a couple of other pieces of information/statements are taken, I think the only timeline that can be outright ruled out is the Child Timeline. A theory I've seen postulated on some Zelda boards and on some Youtube videos is that this takes place in a Unified Timeline or a Timeline Convergence that combines the events of all the timelines. I think it's highly unlikely that it's a Unified timeline but you never know. It could explain some pieces of contradictory information presented in the game.

BCVM22

The only definitive answer right now is that there are too many conflicting elements to give a definitive answer. Anything else, however logical and well-reasoned, is just a good guess.