• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda games discussion

Favorite Zelda game

• Total voters

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Skyward Sword is my least liked title in the more modern day games, strictly due to the fact that the controls were just a pain in the butt to deal with. And a title I never went back to replay.

Looking forward to it, even though I realized it's a fair few months away still.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think the motion controls might be better this time as they have been pretty responsive and accurate in the Switch games that utilize them. The main problem with the Wii version of Skyward Sword is it expected you to make all of these very specific movements either faster than the motion bar can register or slower than what is possible that you try to do as it says on the screen and then you are told to start over. There would be times where I’m trying to stab forward and the game thinks I’m diagonally slashing. The Beetle is even worse as I carefully turn and should have been able to make it to the Switch I am supposed to hit but the item either hits the wall or misses completely.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

And if you have an European account, the whole thing can still pass to wherever you bought the game from.
Aaand it turns out the exploit doesn't really give you the whole pass. An email was sent to customers who "bought" the freebies.
On Friday May 28th 2021, the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass was made available for purchase on Nintendo eShop. Buying the Expansion Pass entitles users to a special Purchase Bonus of equippable items that can be used in-game immediately.

Unfortunately, an error on Nintendo eShop led to the Purchase Bonus being briefly made available to all users. Furthermore, downloading the Purchase Bonus without buying the Expansion Pass gave the impression that the Expansion Pass was then purchased, when this is not the case. As you are one of the users affected, we'd like to apologise for this error.

Currently, users who downloaded the Purchase Bonus without buying the Expansion Pass are able to equip the related items in-game. However, once Expansion Pass Wave 1 – Pulse of the Ancients becomes available, these items will no longer be usable unless the Expansion Pass is purchased. This will not affect your save file or ability to play the game.

Users affected by this issue are currently unable to purchase the Expansion Pass via Nintendo eShop. This will be resolved once Expansion Pass Wave 1 – Pulse of the Ancients is released, at which point the purchase button will be accessible again.

Once again, we apologise for this error and any inconvenience caused.

Nintendo

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm still hoping they do more to celebrate the anniversary and push some more remakes/remasters or ports.

But other than that, it's gonna be a painful wait until they do a Direct with more info and gameplay about the BotW Sequel.

R_N

Well they did pointblank say they had no more software planneds o I am guessing there will be nothing other than what they've said.

Captain Jigglypuff

With the possibility of Skyloft returning in BotW 2, these are the other races/civilizations I hope we will get to see: the Minish in the form of what the beta artwork for the first game had only the Minish act like little elves that willingly create intricate items that are easy to carry and aren’t as small as before, the Subrosians who are rivals with the Gorgons for territory in volcanic caves but are still friendly towards each other, the Tokay which live in harmony with some Zora, and Skyloft which has become more technologically advanced with the City in the Sky being part of the new version of the region. I also think seeing a couple of Loftwings would be interesting with the explanation that they live exclusively in the new Skyloft which would explain why they were never seen again after SS. Allusions to Link Between Worlds would also be a nice touch especially if one of the new Rune Abilities involves paint somehow.

R_N

Got the DLC today, some impressions:
-The Ancient Lab is a set of quest lines (on a tree and everything) and seem to be how you get the Flail, Mastercycle, and I assume the Guardian. But also, a bunch of other things. There's the ability to buy apples on the prep screen, ability to reduce the cost of cooking, increase the power of runes, raise the level cap of weapons (but not the normal level cap, at least so far), etc
-There's a new set of drops called research and I haven't messed with non "EX" missions enough to know what actually causes them to drop, or if it's just in EX missions.
-The Vicious Enemy missions (unlocked early on in the lab tree) are interesting. They have a boss enemy in them that's just suped up (you'll definitely want strong weapons on these, but they're thankfully not hard) and takes a while to kill, but there's no time limit and the stages themselves give good rewards. But what makes them interesting is the stages kind of cycle in/out both as you beat them and as you clear other stages, but when they cycle back in the rewards refresh.
-There's a new Giant Chu boss enemy. It mostly rolls around and charges at you, but it'll throw out smaller chus too. It's cute.
-Flail is fun. Flails around and its unique action is copying another weapon held by the enemy. That'll ostensibly power up your combos but it actuality changes the range and power of your attacks by a far margin. So far I've messed with Sword, Heavy Sword and Lance; Sword is the most fun.
-I'm reasonably sure the Flail is not possible to get until post game. There's items that you only get from the EX missions and they're all meant for level 75~85
-Just in general I think that you'll get more out of the DLC if you've not already 100%ed the game just because you get so many more materials and such from running EX missions.

I've not unlocked the mastercycle yet, I assume it's towards the end of the flail tree.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Got the DLC today, some impressions:
-The Ancient Lab is a set of quest lines (on a tree and everything) and seem to be how you get the Flail, Mastercycle, and I assume the Guardian. But also, a bunch of other things. There's the ability to buy apples on the prep screen, ability to reduce the cost of cooking, increase the power of runes, raise the level cap of weapons (but not the normal level cap, at least so far), etc
-There's a new set of drops called research and I haven't messed with non "EX" missions enough to know what actually causes them to drop, or if it's just in EX missions.
-The Vicious Enemy missions (unlocked early on in the lab tree) are interesting. They have a boss enemy in them that's just suped up (you'll definitely want strong weapons on these, but they're thankfully not hard) and takes a while to kill, but there's no time limit and the stages themselves give good rewards. But what makes them interesting is the stages kind of cycle in/out both as you beat them and as you clear other stages, but when they cycle back in the rewards refresh.
-There's a new Giant Chu boss enemy. It mostly rolls around and charges at you, but it'll throw out smaller chus too. It's cute.
-Flail is fun. Flails around and its unique action is copying another weapon held by the enemy. That'll ostensibly power up your combos but it actuality changes the range and power of your attacks by a far margin. So far I've messed with Sword, Heavy Sword and Lance; Sword is the most fun.
-I'm reasonably sure the Flail is not possible to get until post game. There's items that you only get from the EX missions and they're all meant for level 75~85
-Just in general I think that you'll get more out of the DLC if you've not already 100%ed the game just because you get so many more materials and such from running EX missions.

I've not unlocked the mastercycle yet, I assume it's towards the end of the flail tree.
I thought about getting it but is it worth for someone who has pretty much completed the game? Seems like a DLC you'll get your moneys worth through a new playthrough.

R_N

I thought about getting it but is it worth for someone who has pretty much completed the game? Seems like a DLC you'll get your moneys worth through a new playthrough.
It definitely feels like someone who would get the msot out of it if you still had a fair amount of post-game left, just because there's good grind synergy especially with the QOL.

note I specify post-game, because while I think some of the quests are definitely designed around end game, most of it definitely feels higher level or expects you to be going into higher level content. The new difficulty, Apocalyptic, is also something more designed around high-end levels and weapons (incidentally, weapons dropped in DLC missions have a stronger base power)

Over all I'm enjoying it, it's just one of those "ah...I wish I had this before" feelings. The new weapons are pretty neat, and there's a fair amount of new quests, at least.

If you're still on the fence I recommend just waiting until November and seeing what's in the second half of the pass.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What are some of your favorite mini-games/quests from the Legend of Zelda series?

I like the bug catching mini-game in skyward sword, the Nintendo Gallery in Wind Waker, the golden bug quest in Twilight Princess, fishing in Majora's Mask 3d, and finding the cucoos for the cucoo lady in Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

What are some of your favorite mini-games/quests from the Legend of Zelda series.

I like the bug catching mini-game in skyward sword, the Nintendo Gallery in Wind Waker, the golden bug quest in Twilight Princess, fishing in Majora's Mask 3d, and finding the cucoos for the cucoo lady in Ocarina of Time.
I’ve always liked the Crane and Fishing mini games from Link’s Awakening. The remake made them more interesting.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Another one I liked was replenishing the Korok trees with Forest Water in Wind Waker.
I like making changes in the overworld even if they are minute.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I've barely played SS. Never got a Wii U because no titles interested me.
Really looking forward to later today.