• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zelda Wii Speculation/Discussion Thread

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Speculation/Discussion Thread

Approved by RedStarWarrior

This is the thread to speculate/discuss the upcoming Zelda game for Wii. This game is now confirmed to be called The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

EDIT:
Confirmed Info:

[SPOIL]
-Game is to take use of the Wii Motion Plus (as expected)
-A new item : a beetle that can be taken conrtol of for things such as obtaining items
-You now have the ability to "dash"
-You can now also roll bombs
-There is a whip in this game
-You can charge your sword by pointing it up into the sky

Trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alsWeDp_z0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeXd117mXw
[/SPOIL]

In case you haven't seen it yet, here is the promotional art:
[IMG200]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3596370325_e9b6503f5b.jpg[/IMG200]

Now, for the rules:
1.Absolutely no bashing! People deserve the right to think of what the game will be like without being made fun of.
2.No Timeline discussion. You are not permitted to argue/talk about the timeline. The one thing you can do however is talk about which part of the timeline you think this game will be in (Child or Adult).
3.Have fun! :D

Last edited:

Slick

Banned
Pfft. Gonna be crap as a realistic world, I can tell.

Also, this thread is at least a year early.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
The game isn't out until Summer, so I don't know about discussing it yet but...

I really want to see who the character behind Link is, is it an older version of Zelda?

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
Rumour going around that they are thinking of making the game from a first person perspective to 'freshen up' the series :(

Don't know if I like that, as I'm not good with first person games.

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
Ugh, I hate first person.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
Me too. There is plenty of talk out there though that they will be doing something different with this game and it won't be a direct plug of TP (in the way ST was similiar to PH)

Approved by RedStarWarrior
Judging by the artwork, I'm hoping for some sort of alternate world, perhaps a spirit world of sorts.

Please not another alternate world. We already have that in LttP, OoT, and Tp. They all did it well but it's begining to become a cliche. And if you mean a different place other than hyrule then maybe, but meh.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Rumour going around that they are thinking of making the game from a first person perspective to 'freshen up' the series :(

Don't know if I like that, as I'm not good with first person games.

Isn't that information ages and ages old? Plus it was only mentioned once. I don't think its something to worry about.

Recently, they keep saying the game is going to have a different set up or something like that. (I'm thinking that it'll stray a little bit from the normal "Do some stuff, go to a dungeon, get an item there, rinse and repeat" formula.)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I doubt there is going to be another world. This will most likely be a nice on world adventure. The girl is most likely the master sword, and the game is likely going to be ages before OoT. Perhaps right before it. I don't believe its going to be in the whole alternate timeline thing as this will likely focus on the creation of the master sword.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Have we got any more information other then the one poster of Link and a Fairy Queen/Master Sword fusion and an optimistic guess at a release time?

Otherwise, everything's been discussed already.

Nope, there hasn't been anything new besides a few vauge bits of information here and there.
It seems like they're trying to get some kind of presentation ready for E3 2010 though.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
actually, i saw this picture in a nintendo power magazine months back, and theuy did a bit of their own speculation. in it, they said that they thought that since the ghost girl in the picture has similar traits as the master sword (appearance) and link is not holding the master sword, maybe she is the spirit of the master sword. at first, i wasnt sure if the ad was serious, and we were gonna get a new zelda game. but once i saw this thread, i thought that there is going to be one after all!! im so excited

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
actually, i saw this picture in a nintendo power magazine months back, and theuy did a bit of their own speculation. in it, they said that they thought that since the ghost girl in the picture has similar traits as the master sword (appearance) and link is not holding the master sword, maybe she is the spirit of the master sword. at first, i wasnt sure if the ad was serious, and we were gonna get a new zelda game. but once i saw this thread, i thought that there is going to be one after all!! im so excited

Yeah... we've known about a new Zelda Wii game for months now... and figured out that the girl is the Master Sword soon after the picture was leaked.

Surfing_Pikachu

Anywho, the backround looks very.. inferno-ish. Maybe this game's theme is heaven and hell. That would completely epic.

Zeldamasters

I think that the figure which most of you think would be the spirit of the master swords has a shocking similar apperance to the Fairy Queen of Wind Waker. I doubt that it is actually a fairy but I think that it is quite strange for it to be the spirit of the master sword. Anyway, I suppose you have know by now that I am new on these forums so Hi to everyone!

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I think that the figure which most of you think would be the spirit of the master swords has a shocking similar apperance to the Fairy Queen of Wind Waker. I doubt that it is actually a fairy but I think that it is quite strange for it to be the spirit of the master sword.
I remember Iwata (or was it Miyamoto?) saying he can't say much about the poster, but mentioning that Link isn't carrying a sword. He seemed pretty eager to try and tell us something...
Anyway, I suppose you have know by now that I am new on these forums so Hi to everyone!
Hi!

Shadow XD001

The poster is very interesting. That would be interesting if the Great Fairy on Link's back is the Master Sword, but I don't know how that would happen.

Could that Link be the one from TP because in this one Miyamoto said he was like approaching adulthood so my estimate is he's 18 years old, or close to that. Could also bet he one from TP, it's possible, but then again it could be a whole different one.

Since it's gonna be released either late 2010 or early 2011, does that mean this game will be the last game on the Wii and the first on a new Nintendo System since it will come out on about the same day as one. It's possible since it happened to Twilight Princess which came out on the Gamecube and was the last one on that and the first one on the Wii.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I wish. We won't be getting any info on it until E3, and after that it will probably come out in 2011. Although we can still hope for late 2010.

Anywho, the backround looks very.. inferno-ish. Maybe this game's theme is heaven and hell. That would completely epic.

The creator of the Zelda games has confirmed a summer release in Official Nintendo Magazine.