• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zenith Fallen (Ikarishipping)

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Written with a length that makes you really enjoy it, this was terribly cute xD

Shinji was very IC, but I feel Hikari, with all her pleading was a bit OOC. Yes, she was pleading because she wanted to travel with someone because she's afraid to travel alone through dark forests, which is IC, but I think you exagerated it a bit ^_^'

need I say : rofl at the "I fell out of the sky" line ? xD

as I said, very enjoyable, and I'm interested in seeing where they go from here :D

just like for DoM, no need to put me on the PM list, I'll be here anyway xD

Animelover1996

DAML 4eva!! ^^
This is a great fic, and I just want to let you know your a great writer! =D
Could you please PM me? I dont want to miss out on a such a well made fic! ^^

Encyclopika

The Queen
Thx for commenting you guys. ^^ AnimeLover, you're on the PM list, but please try to elaborate your posts more in the future. Thx.
The next chapter will probably be out next week, I'm not sure. I still have CT and DoM to take care of...^^;

yes, I liked the way you made Shinji and Dawn interact with each other, very unique and personal style.

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
What's this? Encyclopika doing an ikarishipping fic? Sounds great to me. =D I am not a huge fan of the pair, since I don't watch DP, but I AM a huge fan of your writing, therefore, here I am! From what I know, they both seem very IC. I like the situation too. Especially the, 'I fell out of the sky' line. xD Are you going to stick witht the Japanesse names all the way through? I hope I don't get confused. Nevermind, I'm sure I'll be fine. PM list? c:

Encyclopika

The Queen
Thankies everyone for commenting! ^^ Here's chapter 2. Yes, it's kind of short - don't complain!
Chapter 2

“So, Shinji, where exactly were you headed?” Hikari asked, almost immediately after she had broken the fierce trainer down.

He did not answer her, instead he put his foot down hard as he took his next step, perhaps trying to give her a clue she was not holding up her end of the bargain. Hikari did not notice, though, and continued to pursue a conversation. She asked again, but still he did not answer.

“Is it so hard to give me a clue as to where we’re going?” Hikari asked, not angry, but a little distraught.

The point of being with another person was to make conversation where the other party could give their answers and opinions too. She figured she could be having the same kind of discussion with Pochama.
Shinji stopped suddenly, becoming even more irritated as they both stood in silence. He did not lose his cool, though; he did not turn around and scold her.

He just stood, and said, “Ya know, you did agree to be quiet while you’re here. If you’re going to make noise, I’ll leave you here. Got it?”

The tone was vacant of annoyance, as if it were just a pleasant reminder to Hikari to keep her mouth shut. However, underneath the surface, the tone implied the speaker abhorred her immensely, and could not believe he had agreed to this predicament. Hikari heard that nuance, and only sighed as an apology. Those few phrases hampered her hopes of conversing with him for the rest of the trip.
The remainder of the walk that day was doused in silence. Hikari had kept a steady pace right behind Shinji, keeping herself out of his eyesight. After all she was supposed to be invisible. The only thing that would remind Shinji she was there were her footsteps that did not match his. They were lighter, in a way, as if something weighed his heavy stride down. Hikari watched him the whole time. What exactly did he need this silence and loneliness for anyway? What was going on in his head that made him want the comfort of only himself? Hikari could not begin to understand, and she only hoped that his attitude was a counterfeit one to protect his need to be isolated.

As the night attempted to steal the day later that evening, Hikari found herself tottering with her arms swinging loosely and her back arched in a pained way. Her feet ached in the bases of her toes and her knees whined for a rest. Still, she followed a perfectly fine Shinji, whose back was straight and whose feet were ready for more walking, perhaps until the sun was finally swallowed by the horizon hidden somewhere in the forest.

“Can-” Hikari started and then stopped, knowing it’d be no use telling Shinji she needed a break. “Oh, forget it.”

Hikari knew that as soon as she collapsed, he’d make a run for it. Not wanting to be a bigot about it, Hikari figured that wouldn’t happen and that Shinji wasn’t really that immature – but he would definitely keep walking without her. Perhaps she could coax him into stopping for remuneration on his good deed, some kind of bribe. However, as soon as she came to this decision, Shinji had stopped and dropped his bag on the ground. Hikari snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at him as she heard his voice.

“I guess if you’re going to be here a while, you can be useful. Watch my stuff while I collect fire wood,” Shinji ordered, pointing his finger at her.

“Oh, thank you!” Hikari cried as she fell pretzel style onto the dirt.

At this point, Hikari could not care less about Shinji’s attitude or the fact that the bottom of her pink skirt was now filthy. If watching a bag of supplies was what it took to sit down, this was heaven. Shinji quirked an eyebrow at the weird girl, but ignored her in time. He turned and went into the forest in search of wood, knowing Hikari would keep his spot.
With Shinji gone, the forest seemed to exude its silence and its hidden shadows. Sitting on the rocky dirt, Hikari looked up at the sky that was peeking through the canopy above her head. Stars had begun to twinkle through an indigo sky, and the only strong lights were the heavy rays of the sun’s last hurrah before night took over the next shift. The trees were placid, not a single breeze bothered them, and yet mystery lied only behind their trunks.

“You look stupid staring up like that,” came Shinji’s voice from ahead.

His sudden insult engendered narrowed eyes from Hikari, and she huffed in an angry, embarrassed manner. Shinji didn't care; his own insult and the result of it meant nothing. He set the fire wood down, almost representing the fortification between them that seemed impenetrable.
Without saying anything at all, Shinji released Hikozaru, a fire monkey who was the yin to its trainers yang when it came to attitude.

“Light a fire on this wood,” Shinji ordered.

Hikozaru was more than happy to light it, extending its stubby, fire tail to the sticks and dry bark until they had kindled into a campfire. Without saying anything, again, Shinji now returned his Pokemon, the monkey not expecting any kind of “thank you”, because the lack of them was normal. Watching this, Hikari was so confused – obviously the Pokemon deserved some grateful words, and it was just weird how the creature didn’t take offense to it.
With the wood ablaze, Shinji sat down with his knees folded pretzel-style and shuffled around in his backpack until he came up with a can. He took the lid off by pulling the metal tab. Taking out a spoon, he began to eat the contents in silence. Hikari blinked twice – he really was pretending she was invisible! The nerve! Well, when in Rome, eat like they do.
Hikari shuffled through her own bag, her belongings clanking together as she moved her hand side to side. A frightened flock of Garmeil raced up into her throat as she realized she didn’t have any of her own food. She sighed deeply, feeling this day just couldn’t get worse.

“What’s your problem?” Shinji asked, annoyed with her presence from beyond the dancing flames.

Hikari looked up. By now the forest was black, save for the glow of the fire that brightened the small clearing with eerie, orange light. That light outlined Shinji’s features - scary and stern lines of his consistently angry face that made him so unapproachable. Hikari didn’t even want to answer, but knew that she should in order to savor a chance at conversation.

“I…don’t have anything to eat,” she said. “Takeshi carries all the food since he’s the cook in our group.”

Shinji paused and then said, “That’s pathetic. I guess next time you’ll pack your own stuff instead of relying on others.”

“Hey, stop it, I feel bad enough as it is!” Hikari whined.

But Shinji wasn’t listening. He had put his can down with the spoon inside and was now rummaging around his knapsack again. Hikari tilted her head in wonder.

“Here,” he said as he tossed a small can towards her, as if it were a tawdry, piece of trash to him.

Hikari caught it, but was fixated on Shinji, who was avoiding eye contact with her like the plague as he indulged himself in his own meal. He was being generous, and it seemed to almost pain him to be nice. But he couldn’t manage be mean either; he was such a weird child.

“Thank you,” Hikari said gratefully.

“Whatever,” was Shinji’s last response.

The rest of the night was quiet as both trainers repudiated the other from its thoughts. A shrill squawk of a Murkrow resonated throughout the deep forest, but it didn’t startle either Hikari or Shinji. The two of them were being so incredibly obdurate; they refused to believe they might get along after all.
OMG, so short. Sorry...that's all I could come up with for this scene. The story itself isn't long either...I'd say another two chapters and that'll be it. ^^; Hope you enjoyed this! ^^

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
I think the fact that they barely talk makes it sweeter. =3 I LOVED this line:

Without saying anything at all, Shinji released Hikozaru, a fire monkey who was the yin to its trainers yang when it came to attitude.

the ying & yang thing, that was a really good comparison. Perfect for Shinji.

Haha, it figures that Hikari can keep up her end of the deal by being invisible. I can just imagine the thoughts running through Shinji's mind when she said she had no food. xD priceless. Even though the chapters are short, you get what need's to be said, said, so I'm fine with that. =] So this fic is meant to be short? I get it, ending with her reuniting with Ash and them or something xP I get it. =] Thanks for the PM.

only two or three more chapters?! aww! ;_;

the ying & yang thing, that was a really good comparison. Perfect for Shinji.

totally agree

If watching a bag of supplies was what it took to sit down, this was heaven.

lol! i've been in this situation before! (though slightly different in SOME way or another)

they refused to believe they might get along after all.

lagkdf (random typing)... stop refusing! >.<

it's pretty neat how you somehow showed that shinji actually has pitty for another living thing every once in a while, as well as the ungreatful snob he can be. ^^; as for the 'pathetic' line: thank the good lord ABOVE that you did not use it more than once!
i just wonder what will happen once Hikari finds her friends... thanks for the pm!

;216; Tff

jerk.

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Very nice chapter!

“Here,” he said as he tossed a small can towards her, as if it were a tawdry, piece of trash to him.

Is he rich.....? o_O

Hikozaru was more than happy to light it, extending its stubby, fire tail to the sticks and dry bark until they had kindled into a campfire. Without saying anything, again, Shinji now returned his Pokemon, the monkey not expecting any kind of “thank you”, because the lack of them was normal.

Aw, Hikozaru is sooo cute! :D

But yes, Shinji needs to learn manners.....good SOCIAL manners, if you know what I mean.

He is such a jerk.

;006;

ellie-chan

~Coordinator Chica~

That might have been mean but that meant he was watching her!

He just stood, and said, “Ya know, you did agree to be quiet while you’re here. If you’re going to make noise, I’ll leave you here. Got it?”

So blunt yet sharp like a knife! He probably would leave her there. I haven't watched the DP episodes cuz I've been lazy & busy but he probably would do that. Shinji has no heart!

Shinji paused and then said, “That’s pathetic. I guess next time you’ll pack your own stuff instead of relying on others.”

“Hey, stop it, I feel bad enough as it is!” Hikari whined.

But Shinji wasn’t listening. He had put his can down with the spoon inside and was now rummaging around his knapsack again. Hikari tilted her head in wonder.

Hikari caught it, but was fixated on Shinji, who was avoiding eye contact with her like the plague as he indulged himself in his own meal. He was being generous, and it seemed to almost pain him to be nice. But he couldn’t manage be mean either; he was such a weird child.

Well, at least he did something nice, even if it hurt, LOL.

The two of them were being so incredibly obdurate
I had to go to dictionary.com to look those words up. Man I'm pathetic, LOL.

Even though the chapters are short, you get what need's to be said, said, so I'm fine with that. =] So this fic is meant to be short? I get it, ending with her reuniting with Ash and them or something

Yup, I agree. You say what needs to be said, no beating around the bush & stuff. And I had a feeling it was going to be short since DP's just getting started (not really but it's a generation so it's going to be long). Anyway, another great chapter & I hope the next chapter is even better!

Lotsa love & luck, ellie-chan

Last edited:

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
short yes, but intense :)

I've always felt that this kind of comment could start some interraction between them :p

and here we get to the part where he acknowledges her :)
makes you feel some empathy for him.

they refused to believe they might get along after all.

denial...how sweet :rolleyes:

I loved your writing style, and the choice of words, for instance :
As the night attempted to steal the day

so beautiful *sobs*

anyway...two chapters...wonder how the end's going to be :D

great work as always !

Encyclopika

The Queen
ellie-chan said:
I had to go to dictionary.com to look those words up. Man I'm pathetic, LOL.
Aw! You're not pathetic. I use my writing as a way to study for my SAT..."obdurate" is an "SAT word" that means "stubborn". By doing that, I trick myself into studying! 8D Killing 2 birds with one stone and crap like that. lolz
Thx everyone for commenting! ^^

Whitefire2000

Deep sleeper
Great chapter! The way you described was wonderful! The way Shinji insulted Hikari was kinda funny. I liked it. I also loved the way you described Hikozaru. He was very cute. ^^ And I liked the strong vocabulary. Great words! And shortness is okay sometimes. When I was reading Redwall, the chapters were very short. And the way you made Shinji in the story is perfect! His insults made me laugh a little. Awesome story, keep up the good work! And sorry for saying 'The way' too much. It's a tiny habit. Thanks for putting me on your PM list! ^o~

Last edited:

Chelc

I can finally review now that I'm home. <3

Haha, I love Shinji. XD Especially at this part:

ROFL. This chapter was great. Doesn't bother me that it was short at all. ;P I always love their conversations and arguments. XD; Hikari tries to hard to get him to talk and open up, and it just backfires, haha. It was funny when Shinji called her pathetic, too. Awesome description and detail as well, especially with the ying and yang thing, I liked that.

Anyway, didn't see any mistakes or anything. :x Can't wait for the next chapter!

Encyclopika

The Queen
Yes, I'm aware this hasn't been updated in a while and for a while I was contemplating on whether to even finish it since it's not all that shippy. However, this chapter starts getting into that, so I hope it's better. ^^;

Chapter 3

Hikari awoke the next morning most reluctantly. Despite the fact that she was comfortable, she couldn’t quite get back to sleep. Something bothered her, and it was not the empty quiet that was unusually void of Satoshi’s snoring. It was the fact that she had still not found her friends, and through the night, she cared less and less. Yes, it was important to find them again, but palling around with Shinji was unique. That is how she explained it that fine morning. Not fun, but unique, and as a traveler, on top of being a great coordinator, she liked to experience new things.
Shinji was already awake when Hikari finally decided to sit up. He seemed to be packing his bag, as if preparing to leave. With the sound of her awakening, he turned around to face her, his face still bearing the usual scowl.

“Oh, good morning, Mr. Sunshine,” Hikari muttered sarcastically, ready to start the day.

Shinji turned back to what he was doing.

“Get up, get your stuff, and come on if you’re coming.”

“Wait! I haven’t brushed my teeth or combed my hair or anything!” Hikari began to whine. The pampered little girl was used to lots of time in the bathroom and hours to get ready for big days ahead of her.

“Too bad. You can stay if you want, but I’m outta here,” Shinji stated and then began to move forward.

Hikari hastily grabbed her bag and followed him into the forest, brushing her hair as she ran to catch up to him.

The day wore on and throughout, Hikari kept quiet as Shinji wandered around the forest, almost in search of something. He was definitely looking for another Pokemon to add to his team of slaves. They had not run into anything, though, and without breakfast, Hikari’s stomach whined and gurgled earnestly.

“Shut your stomach up. At this rate we’ll just run into Ursaring – sounds like their mating call,” Shinji said acidly.

“Well, excuse me if I’m starving!” Hikari retaliated. She folded her arms and turned away from him in a prissy way. “And I won’t tell my stomach to shut up! It has freedom of speech!”

“Fine, then shut your mouth up. I think there’s a Pokemon up ahead,” Shinji said as he continued on without her.

Hikari just stood in place. At this point, she was too angry to expect him to run away as fast as he could. She looked over ahead and spotted something to her interest.
Shinji emerged from the bushes, indifferent to his companion’s whining at the moment. What mattered now was the Pokemon and it turned out to be a Rhyhorn. However, it wasn’t just any Rhyhorn. The sepia hues that shined from its rough, armor-like hide caught Shinji off-guard. He had always been one to be picky about his Pokemon, mostly in their stats and attacks – this would be the first time none of that mattered. A shiny Pokemon – his luck had turned around.

“Stand by! Ursaring!” Shinji threw a Pokeball, releasing the large bear Pokemon.

Ursaring stood opposite the Rhyhorn, and the rhino roared, gearing up for a battle it seemed confident about.

“Ursaring, use Hyper Beam!”

The bear opened its mouth and shot a yellow energy beam towards the rock Pokemon whom could not dodge it in time. It fell to the ground, but was not out. It struggled to get back on its feet.
Shinji grimaced. The Rhyhorn was not as powerful as he had hoped. In most other cases, he would have stopped the battle in disappointment, but a shiny was different. He figured that with a little tough training, it would live up to expectation and so he continued on.

“Fury Swipes!”

Ursaring advanced toward the rhino Pokemon and began slashing away at the creature’s thick hide. The attacks did not do much, but Shinji was being extra careful to only weaken the beast. This was diligent, fragile work.
It could break like glass.

“Hey, Shinji, look what I found!” Hikari bursted out of the vegetation.

The girl had her hat in her hands, and it was filled with deep red berries she had evidently found somewhere. Unable to resist, Shinji turned around for a split second.

“Can’t you see I’m busy?” he shouted.

The Rhyhorn took this opportunity and high-tailed it back into the thick forest. Shinji looked back and felt a rock sink through his stomach. An opportunity to catch a rare Pokemon was gone so quickly and all the work he had done to find and weaken it for capture was for nothing. He fumed in his spot as Hikari obliviously stood with the hat full of berries. Shinji tried to calm down – getting mad would only make things worse.

“You…are an idiot,” Shinji said calmly.

“Am not!” Hikari retaliated. “I just wanted to share my find with you, but now you can forget it!”

“Who cares?” Shinji raised his voice, “I was about to catch a rare Pokemon!”

“A Rhyhorn?”

“Yes – if you didn’t realize it, it was brown, not gray.”

“So, it was a dirty Rhyhorn!”

“I’m out of here,” Shinji said as he returned Ursaring. “You’re just a naïve, little girl.”

“Well, look at it this way, smiley – you don’t have to share your cans of mush with me anymore!”

Shinji stomped away – hopefully the Rhyhorn hadn’t gone far. Unfortunately, Hikari was right behind him, and though she didn’t say anything, her presence could not be ignored.

Shinji did not stop walking, even after the sun went down, as a sort of punishment to Hikari who had caused him to lose the shiny Rhyhorn from before. Same as yesterday, Hikari dragged herself onward, the berries she had picked being the only things giving her the will and energy to go on.

“Okay, I get, I’m sorry.” Hikari whined.

Shinji did not answer her.

“I’m…” she murmured, feeling her apology deeply. “I am, really sorry that we haven’t found Satoshi and Takeshi yet. I know I’m a burden to you, but I really appreciate all that you’ve done.”

Shinji groaned, but silently accepted her apology. He dropped his bag onto the ground. By now, Hikari knew that that meant the day was over and she plopped down in her spot. She was delirious with exhaustion, and absent mindedly watched as Shinji went through his belongings.

Hikari thought to herself. “Am I really that much of a burden? Why do you want to ignore me?”

His silence to her questions pained her inside, even though he could not hear them. In her exhaustion, Hikari believed she was really asking Shinji all of the burning questions that circulated throughout her mind. Her voice wasn’t there, though. In the dark umbrages of the trees and the deep night her mouth moved without sound, and therefore was hidden from view. She went on though.

“Why would you rather be alone? Do you really not…like me?”

Shinji looked up for a second and, in the darkness, saw Hikari’s figure fall to the ground. Threads of concern whisked through him and for an instant, he opened his mouth to say something, but his voice was gone too. He sat in silence, resisting his changing attitudes towards her. No, he could not care – she’d be gone by tomorrow he knew…he hoped.
I know these chapters are short, but I assure you they exceed 2 pages. XD
Anyway, hope everyone liked the story...the next chapter will most likely be the last.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Shame on me, I've completely forgotten that this wasn't finished -_-

“Too bad. You can stay if you want, but I’m outta here,” Shinji stated and then began to move forward.

Hikari hastily grabbed her bag and followed him into the forest, brushing her hair as she ran to catch up to him.

yes...must. brush. hair. x_x

“Can’t you see I’m busy?” he shouted.

The Rhyhorn took this opportunity and high-tailed it back into the thick forest. Shinji looked back and felt a rock sink through his stomach. An opportunity to catch a rare Pokemon was gone so quickly and all the work he had done to find and weaken it for capture was for nothing.

wow...for once, I really can see him depressed :( but I'm sure he won't harm her :)

“Why would you rather be alone? Do you really not…like me?”

Either he's not straight, or yes...

but poor Hikari, she just wants to be liked by all she meets ! *is sobbing*
yeah, well, something will probably happen in her favor ;)

yep, I liked it, and very anxious to see how this ends !
will he accepts her ? open up to her ? so many questions :rolleyes:

Encyclopika

The Queen
Thx for the review! ;;!
shadow_shipper said:
but poor Hikari, she just wants to be liked by all she meets ! *is sobbing*
Or because she likes him. *shifty eyes* XD
I'm glad you enjoyed it...and yeah, I almost forgot too. XD; *bricked*

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
Aw this was cute ^^ Just like Hikari to interrupt something important, like catching a pokemon xD

I forgot about this story too! How could I do that! lol, this is only going to be 4 chapters or so right? So the next one should be the last one?

I like how it's non-shippy yet I yearn for more at the same time, which is good :)

Thanks for the PM

heh. and i thought you never gave up on a fic. :rolleyes:

“Shut your stomach up. At this rate we’ll just run into Ursaring – sounds like their mating call,” Shinji said acidly.

“Well, excuse me if I’m starving!” Hikari retaliated. She folded her arms and turned away from him in a prissy way. “And I won’t tell my stomach to shut up! It has freedom of speech!”

i couldn't help but snicker at his comment there. i love the way he emphisizes (sp?) all her flaws like that.
Hikari's opinion: something i could see myself saying. ^^ gotta love smart a** remarks!

“Okay, I get, I’m sorry.” Hikari whined.

did you mean "Okay, I get it, I'm sorry."
some people may find it too minor to even mention, but i always spot things that are virtually useless. -^____^-

“You…are an idiot,” Shinji said calmly.

jerk. -_-

“Yes – if you didn’t realize it, it was brown, not gray.”

“So, it was a dirty Rhyhorn!”

^^ such little girl characteristics... i love it.

I know I’m a burden to you, but I really appreciate all that you’ve done.”

like?

In most other cases, he would have stopped the battle in disappointment, but a shiny was different. He figured that with a little tough training, it would live up to expectation and so he continued on.

very un-shinji like, but anything for a shiny. ^^ you did a good job of showing a side of him softer than a wooden stool, though. apparently he can make a little effort.

btw, sorry if it seems like i hate Shinji. i don't, i actually really like him. i just like poking fun at people with his personality even more. ^^; great chapters so far, and sad it's almost done. ;_; thanks for the pm, and good luck with good-byes. o_^V (peace)

;216; Tff

Encyclopika

The Queen
Teddiursa fan forever said:
Giving her food, letting her tag along - it's pretty big stuff when you're desperate. XDDD
Thanks lots for the reviews! ^^