• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zeraora raids

Do you want shiny zeraora

• Of course i do

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • ....Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Thank Arceus, I'm glad America is actually getting a shiny mythical for a change!

Hope they bring back Mewtwo and do this with him

ChandelureDetour

We did it? I should download that one app to obtain this Zeraora then huh. I sorta want to find a shiny one before this event ends so my mom could see one as well. Only encountered one during the entire event.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Glad it's finally over. Now we can move on to do other things.

Globally we finished off that remaining 700,000 victories in a weekend.

Eat it, Zeraora.

Zeraora: Now, please, leave me alone and stop killing me.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Has the ultimate goal of 2 million been reached? If so, that might explain the drastically lower Zeraora rates according to my Y-Comm feed tonight.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Has the ultimate goal of 2 million been reached? If so, that might explain the drastically lower Zeraora rates according to my Y-Comm feed tonight.
Yep. And it was 1 million.

DarthEnderX

So the Switch version of Pokemon Home doesn't have a Mystery Gift option? So if I don't have a smartphone, there's no way to claim the reward I earned? Real nice...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
So the Switch version of Pokemon Home doesn't have a Mystery Gift option? So if I don't have a smartphone, there's no way to claim the reward I earned? Real nice...

yup....... it doesnt make any more sense to me than it does to you. atleast i can rest assured that i will miss out on getting shiny zeraora but still being able to go back to the arcades which just recently reopened.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If there's something I don't agree with TPC, it's their abysmal handling of event-only Pokemon. There's almost always some fishy step that must get done to get event Pokemon. Handing the very good gifts over the internet without any other steps is alien to them.

Their GameStop gifts progressively got worse, for example. The first events only needed you to be within the range of the shop's Wi-Fi to download a Pokemon.

And then later you had to enter to get a code.

And then later you had to ask for the code.

And then later said code had to be given out as a receipt because apparently people were selling the codes online.

And then later this Pokemon Pass app had to be downloaded so that you had to scan a QR code inside the damn shop.

And now we're at the point where Pokemon Home is the new method...which I think it's a hell of a lot better than the first part of GameStop's way of handing event gifts over, but it's still too close to just downloading the gift from the internet.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If there's something I don't agree with TPC, it's their abysmal handling of event-only Pokemon. There's almost always some fishy step that must get done to get event Pokemon. Handing the very good gifts over the internet without any other steps is alien to them.

Their GameStop gifts progressively got worse, for example. The first events only needed you to be within the range of the shop's Wi-Fi to download a Pokemon.

And then later you had to enter to get a code.

And then later you had to ask for the code.

And then later said code had to be given out as a receipt because apparently people were selling the codes online.

And then later this Pokemon Pass app had to be downloaded so that you had to scan a QR code inside the damn shop.

And now we're at the point where Pokemon Home is the new method...which I think it's a hell of a lot better than the first part of GameStop's way of handing event gifts over, but it's still too close to just downloading the gift from the internet.

It's a result of design-by-committee, though an atypical case of it. They're making you go through extra steps because they believe spreading out the steps across multiple platforms will make them more money. For instance, the case with Pokémon Pass is that they were probably planning to promote other Pokémon-related things on it, so to get the free stuff, you'd see their own ads. Pokémon Pass appears to have fallen through, at least in North America, since there hasn't been any new stuff for it in several months (and long before the COVID-19 lockdowns). This is nothing new though; it's been done in the franchise at least as early as having to watch Mewtwo Strikes Back to get the promo cards associated with it, Ancient Mew in particular.

They've given out plenty of other things straight online though. As for them changing entering for a code to asking for a code, that's something I wanted because people were grabbing the whole stack placed on the counter. Having to ask for it ensured I'd be able to get it. I missed out on both chances for Diancie, for instance, because people were doing exactly that during those events. By the time I got to GameStop, they were all out thanks to those people who got WAY more of the code cards than they needed (presumably to distribute to all their friends, then sell the rest online).

By the way, it looks like the Armorite Ore is given out via a code found in the mobile version of Pokémon GO. You have to go back to Pokémon Sword or Shield and enter in that code.

Status
Not open for further replies.