• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zeraora raids

Do you want shiny zeraora

• Of course i do

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • ....Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I did several to contribute to the 1 million goal.

And I think we made it. I was doing more of them and a shiny one showed up. Since legendaries are typically shiny locked, I think Game Freak programmed this in as an indicator that we reached the goal.

JteVEKT.jpg

EDIT: Apparently not, some Shinies just appear as Max Raid opponents for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Dared3v0

Just have fun

And I think we made it. I was doing more of them and a shiny one showed up. Since legendaries are typically shiny locked, I think Game Freak programmed this in as an indicator that we reached the goal.

JteVEKT.jpg

EDIT: Apparently not, some Shinies just appear as Max Raid opponents for whatever reason.
Wow. Ive done 4 but havent run into a shiny yet. I think we made it too they reached 267 thousand on thursday so i figure it will hit at least 2 million by the 28th

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

JteVEKT.jpg

It's a 5% chance for the Shiny one to appear and the Shiny one is Level 100.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
@Bolt the Cat @Mr. Reloaded The one time I beat him I used a Galarian Weezing with Clear Smog. He’s immune to Dragon and double-resistant to Fighting. We had an Urshifu on that team too, which fainted 3 times.

Hmm, good strategy. Pair that with a Ground type and you might have a pretty good team.

Shame there isn't a Ground/Fairy type yet, that'd be the perfect counter to it.

KillerDraco

I've taken down a few of the Shiny Zeraora raids, and they're definitely not for the faint of heart. They pack Plasma Fists/Discharge/Blaze Kick/Close Combat/Outrage/Work Up, so their coverage is pretty stellar. A few Pokemon in particular have stood out above the rest.

Quagsire - Immune to Plasma Fists/Discharge, resists the Fire type attacks, and has Unaware to ignore boosts to mitigate damage from Close Combat and Outrage. Obviously the turns that it nullifies abilities can be a bit painful, but in practice this doesn't happen often enough to diminish Quagsire's usefulness. It's not gonna be doing too much damage but it'll survive and break those shields.

Gastrodon - Same premise as Quagsire, but minus Unaware. However, to make up for it, it does have access to Clear Smog to wipe away the boosts. Just be aware that it does wipe away defense drops from Close Combat/Shield Breaks too, but surviving is more important.

Claydol - An unorthodox Pokemon but one who's been clutch in beating Shiny Zeraora. Immune to Electric and Resists Close Combat, but its support moves are what help. We've been using it as a Trick Room user; Zeraora outspeeds every relevant counter, so Trick Room makes sure you're breaking those shield bars before having to endure its onslaught. For added support it can utilize Reflect to mitigate damage further; aside from Discharge all its attacks seem to be physical, and ground typing will take care of Discharge.

Rhyperior - This one only works with Buff removing support, because it won't be able to stomach Close Combat after getting a few boosts. However, if you can keep the boosts in check, then Solid Rock and High Defense can allow it to take a Close Combat or two, and of course it's immune to Electric. Its defense is high enough to not really care about Outrages either, but again, this is contingent on keeping those buffs in check.

Rhydon - Same premise as Rhyperior, but with no Solid Rock. However, it does have access to Eviolite to boost its high defense to pretty ridiculous levels. But if you don't keep the buffs in check, then you're gonna have a bad time. However, no Solid Rock allows it to use Lightning Rod, so it can help support other teammates who aren't Electric Immune

Alola Marowak - Lightning rod gives it an immunity to Electric, it resists fire, and is immune to Close Combat. It still has to worry about Outrage but its defense is decent enough to take a hit or two. Ability nullifying can be a problem but it seems to use that sparingly. Regular Marowak can work in a pinch too in that its electric immunity isn't ability dependent, but it lacks the Fire Resistance and Fighting Immunity.

Runegirus - Although it has to worry about Dragon and Fire, it is immune to Electric and Fighting, and its bulk is decent enough that it can take a hit or two is you're keeping buffs in check.

There's a few other niche picks that can work, such as Marshadow for buff stealing, Grimmsnarl for Prankster Reflect, etc, but they generally lack the longevity needed to stomach hits, especially since they're not immune to Electric so without Lighting Rod support they can be risky. Generally avoid things like Excadrill, Flygon, etc, because they get ripped apart by the coverage moves and lack the bulk to survive.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I've taken down a few of the Shiny Zeraora raids, and they're definitely not for the faint of heart. They pack Plasma Fists/Discharge/Blaze Kick/Close Combat/Outrage/Work Up, so their coverage is pretty stellar. A few Pokemon in particular have stood out above the rest.

I've also seen people using Palossand pretty effectively due to it being immune to Electric and Fighting while having pretty high Defense to take the other hits. As a special attacker, and the only one within its combination, it's also not affected by the Attack drops from Max Wyrmwind.

I haven't ran into the shiny one but everyone said its crazy strong

I lost my first one because there were two fools, one of whom was the host, showing off their shiny Dusk Lycanrocs.

Za2h9NP.png

I also realized the AI for Shiny Zeraora is also a notch above a regular Max Raid Battle Pokémon, as Zeraora was mercilessly spamming Fighting-type moves on those two. (I was using Ground Silvally.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Managed to beat a shiny one I was hosting with the help of some very good people on the board's discord. Thanks, guys you are awesome!

It was crazy specially because I was running a non-optimal level 92 Pallosand.

I put a quick claw on it but that freaking thing didn't activate even once. The MVP was our teammate abusing Marshadow's Spectral Thief. We were this close of the 4th knockdown but we managed to make it through.

It was a close one because by the 3rd knockdown (me :() Zeraora was with like 1HP left. Good thing it didn't activate the shield...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i found manectric useful with lightning rod and flame thrower but thats just because i havent really used alolan marowak in gen7 and havent botherd with it in gen8, my free one was -def, +speed. will try to fish one out in gen7 to use in gen8 soon enough.

manectric is a 50/50 RNG on the 5 star raids atm.

I've also seen people using Palossand pretty effectively due to it being immune to Electric and Fighting while having pretty high Defense to take the other hits. As a special attacker, and the only one within its combination, it's also not affected by the Attack drops from Max Wyrmwind.

I lost my first one because there were two fools, one of whom was the host, showing off their shiny Dusk Lycanrocs.

Za2h9NP.png

I also realized the AI for Shiny Zeraora is also a notch above a regular Max Raid Battle Pokémon, as Zeraora was mercilessly spamming Fighting-type moves on those two. (I was using Ground Silvally.)
I’ve been using ground Silvally too, I’ve beaten a bunch of 5 star ones I haven’t ran into a shiny one yet though, I’m curious at how I’ll do especially since you get terrible teammates

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I hate people who do this.. No one cares.

I have a shiny dusk Lycan too, but what good is it when it instantly dies to a Close Combat?

Yeah, and they were getting one-shotted. Even the Dynamaxed one!

Though I do wonder if some of these guys don't care if the raid's won or lost, as long as they get to show them off. Everyone else is a captive audience, unable to escape.

I’ve been using ground Silvally too, I’ve beaten a bunch of 5 star ones I haven’t ran into a shiny one yet though, I’m curious at how I’ll do especially since you get terrible teammates

Terrible teammates is a part of playing Max Raid Battles. Unless you play only with closed groups of people, you'll always find those people every now and then, and it can't be helped.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
uhhhh... this is why i hate these unobtainable raids, i just spawned a shiny 5 star den.................................................. i know GF is well known for trolling players but this is just ridiculous

Last edited:

KillerDraco

uhhhh... this is why i hate these unobtainable raids, i just spawned a shiny 5 star den.................................................. i know GF is well known for trolling players but this is just ridiculous

The Shiny Ones are Shiny so you can identify that it's a "Hard Mode" one; Shiny Zeraora raids are level 100 and thus you gotta bring your best. There was a whole discussion about it above. There's basically 4 difficulties of Zeraora; 3* < 4* < 5* normal < 5* Shiny.

Plus it's moot point since meeting the benchmark will guarantee everyone gets a free Shiny Zeraora.

Status
Not open for further replies.