• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ziggy Stardust Finally Went Home - David Bowie dead at 69

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Here's the BBC report for those who want to see it.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

20140109-bowie-x306-1389299416.jpg

This great man, a god in his own right, passed late last night, in perhaps the biggest shock and loss to music since Michael Jackson. So many artists take from this man and would not be here without him. He wasn't just a performer. He was an immensely talented vocalist, a multi-instrumentalist, a songwriter, a composer, and a cosmic alien.

As some have already stated, David Bowie's death is proof that even gods can fall. Rest In Peace Ziggy, you're finally home.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
R.I.P David Bowie, he was a brilliant musician who has turned to stardust and now gone up to play the big gig in the sky. He shall be missed.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
RIP, Bowie. You gave us many a great song, even only days before your death. (Do check it out if you haven't yet done so).

Bananarama

The light is coming
I just heard about this now, and I was so shocked. He was one of my favorite artists, and his influence is undeniable.

Rest in peace, Mr. Bowie.

TheEliteEmpoleon

This hit me when I read it last night. I'll be honest, his music definitely isn't my favorite, but I can still recognize what a great musician he was. I gotta check out that new album today.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I've never really understood the appeal of Davids music, but I enjoyed him as a colorful character that could pull off gender bending really well. RIP, David Bowie.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I've been listening to Blackstar all day. The second half of the song is so surreal to me now. It sounds like he was talking about himself.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Although David Bowie's music was never my favorite, it would be foolish not to realize the impact of his work. His music touched so many people, and his influence on multiple genres undeniable. RIP David Bowie, you will be missed.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This came as a real shock. Still don't know how to react to it.. My girlfriend and I are expecting are first child in March, we don't know whether it will be a boy or a girl. But if it's a boy, we were already planning on naming him Bowen, fully aware that we'll call him Bowie most of the time.

In any case, David Jones has gone, but Bowie is still alive.

Lets also not forget that Bowie was a good actor as well.