• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ZigZag Zangoose (324)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
PokemasterJ said:
i didnt get the trainers choice,torkoal could beat ninjask! good ep!
They could ALL beat Ninjask >.>;

Ohh-kay...despite awful voice-casting/acting on Zangoose, this was actually a really good episode. There was just the right amount of seriousness and humour to make it perfectly balanced, and considering Nikolai makes a return Its not really a filler I suppose.

Jessie and Seviper just plain rocked in this episode. They were the ones who deserved to win the grudge match, not Nikolai (as cool as he is) and Zangoose. This episode just goes to prove that Jessie is a decent trainer, contrary to what many have said in the past, not only due to her impressive battle but also due to the fact that she genuinely understood how Seviper felt. She really does care for her pokémon. That was the highlight of the episode for me.

The rest was also good, and I HAD to laugh at the antics of Wobbuffet in this one. Hehe, that little guy has plenty of comic potential left in him ;D
I seriously don't get why so many people seem to find Nikolai annoying, I think he's an awesome character myself. Certainly better than many filler-type characters we've had over the years and lots of personallity. *waits for him to utter the famous 'I like shorts. They're so comfy' line*
The Ash-viper and Nikolai-goose battle amused me also. Although, biting on someones arm for real was a little ott for a mock-up battle ^^;

Last edited:
K

Katsuya

XD!

Meowth & James doing the Rocket Motto > Everything

Seviper seemed a hell of alot bigger than normal in this ep. I thought. I wondered why the dub was "ZigZag Zangoose", then I realised it was Nicolai.

MaskedManAbsolkid

It did look cool, but the pokemon change that Nicolai said was making it worse!

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
err this was an okay episode but not really enjoyable for me it was a bit funny when Skitty got out of it's Pokeball and started chasing Ash and when Ash & co and James + Mewoth were chasing Wobuffet for Pikachu.
5/10

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I liked this episode, and how Seviper and Zangoose were chasing eachother down, and wouldn't let anything get in their way of fighting.

Meowth taking Jessie's place was hilarious.

And it was nice to see Nicoli again.

I give this episode 8/10.

A

Alakazam

I chose Torkoal OR Dewgong on the Trainer's Choice.

Not a bad filler, but I wasn't really fond of Nikolai much, and I never saw the first episode, they where already in Petalburg Forest when I started watching the Advanced Series =/ And I thought Zangoose stood on two legs? But nice filler. 7/10.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
I really enhoyed this episode. I thought it was really interesting.

I loved the fighting between Zangoose & Seviper. Seviper seemed sort of weak when it was constantly attacked by Ash & company, but this ep. made him seem like a powerhouse.

Nicoli (however its spelled) coming back was cool. Now if only people from the first season of Pokemon who said they'd meet Ash again would...meet Ash again.

I give it an 8.5/10

Oh yeah, Trainer's choice should have been Nosepass. Rock is super effective against both Bug & Flying, and Bug and Flying are both bad against Rock. Clue me in if there's any reason the others are better choices

Last edited:

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Overall a nice episode. It was great to see Nicolai again! I'm getting fond of him. Zangoose and Seviper had a pretty close fight.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Well, ZigZag Zangoose FINALLY aired in Canada (stupid KidsWB airing 2 episodes every weeks -_-o) and I must say it was better then I expected. It was a very nice filler, good plot, decent battle scenes, funny humor, it was all good! First off, I LOVED Seviper in this epi! He's such a badass! It was funny how he was intimidating Team Rocket (well except for Jessie of course) OH! favourite quote!

*Seviper runs away*
Meowth: Come back here ya overgrown Caterpie!
Seviper: *turns around enraged and Poison Tails Meowth*
Meowth: *flying through air and hits James* Cant ya take a joke?!

And then when James was bowing to Seviper like it was his master, lol! Funny thing was Skitty. Her and her antics! Then everyone was trying to catch her! But I did like the battle between Seviper and Zangoose, it was good. I loved when Seviper wrapped around Zangoose and choked it and then Zangoose bit Sevipers skin and it let go....nice move! I wish Seviper had one though...the curses that come with being a bad guy *shakes head* But that whole Zigzag thing was cheap and overused. Oh and Zangoose's Dub Voice? [imgs=15]http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/images/icons/icon13.gif[/imgs] Yup, it was atrocious! WAYYYY too deep! :eek: Oh! Another funny part was when Meowth was Jessie in their motto *laughs* also wasn't this Cacnea's first Sandstorm? (correct me if I'm wrong) What I was really surprised about was when Nikolai used Zigzagoon....that Nikolai may just be the ticket to a debut of Linoone in the FAR future. Lastly, that Crush Claw was AWESOME! It was too cool....man...why cant the game animation be more like THAT!

[img200]http://animedna.homestead.com/files/zangoosebreakclaw.gif[/img200]​

Overall I give this a 9.5/10, they really showed the Zangoose/Seviper rivalry well...and it was just a great episode.

Oh and about the Trainers Choice, yes, I chose Torkoal but I didn't think that would be the right answer. If you haven't noticed they NEVER choose a Pokemon that hasn't debut yet because it would spoil what it would sound like for future episodes....its just the way it is O.O;;;

Last edited:
BUT, Nosepass has made its debut. It could easily have been Nosepass. AND, they chose torkoal a few epis later as the Trainer's Choice, so why not now? I, personally, think they chose Dewgong because it is the only one with a hint of a chance of outspeeding Ninjask.

SC~ out

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
LOL, this episode was very funny not mention good. As for why I like this episode it's because it brings one of the game elements about Zangoose and Sevipers rivalry which was pretty nice. However, I think they also should of explained why Zangoose and Seviper are natural born rivals since that would of been nice. It's was also funny because of the part When Ash tachi chases Wobbeffett around for the Pikachu. It was also funny when James and Meowth were reciting the motto without Jessie. Onerall this was a great episode with quite a bit of humor.

Rating: 9.5/10 - another great episode but they should of went more in depth about why Seviper and Zangoose are rivals

Batdude

Old school
I saw this for the first time today and loved it!! Seviper was on top form, and Zangoose was pretty cool.

James and Meowth should just blow off Jessie and go on as a duo... James is the backbone of the whole team. XD

One thing I found odd, that was probably already explained by someone else, was that odd purring/cooing noise that Seviper made. Is that it's Japanese voice left in, or just some sort of noise it makes because it's near a Zangoose?

Anyway. I liked it, so 8.5/10.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Batdude said:
One thing I found odd, that was probably already explained by someone else, was that odd purring/cooing noise that Seviper made. Is that it's Japanese voice left in, or just some sort of noise it makes because it's near a Zangoose?
It's part of its Japanese voice left in.

Kawaiiest.Torchic said:
Oh and about the Trainers Choice, yes, I chose Torkoal but I didn't think that would be the right answer. If you haven't noticed they NEVER choose a Pokemon that hasn't debut yet because it would spoil what it would sound like for future episodes....its just the way it is O.O;;;

not ture once they showed torkoal on a trainer choice(before debut) and it was the right answer but that happends most of the time.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
James and Meowth doing the motto alone = pure hilarity. I normally don't like the dub performances of the Rocket-Dan motto, but this one was hilarious.

The credits whizzed by too quickly for me to see which animation studio handled this episode (it didn't look like Team Ota - no thick lines or exaggerated faces), but whoever it was, I was VASTLY impressed. They've taken pages out of the Chuck Jones book of subtlety. Seviper doesn't just wiggle, he slithers. There's a little bounce to Cacnea's body right before he spins into a Sandstorm. When Ash falls on Meowth, the added weight makes his arm twitch a little. If every episode were animated with this level of fluidity and detail, I'd be one happy animation geek.

Medea

Excalibur
Just finished watching this episode again, I thought it was pretty damn funny when Jessie was tearing up that pic of Cassidy.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I love it when Jessie yells STOP, and everyone just pauses in place.

Oh, and di Seviper acutally bite Zangoose in the original, because they showed Seviper lunging at it, then Zangoose gleamed in Pain, but you only saw his face.

xyzman123

He's Mad I tell ya!!
That battle Ash and the other kid had was freaky. :rolleyes: Other than that, this episode explained why Seviper and Zangoose are opposites in the game.

xyzman123

He's Mad I tell ya!!
That battle Ash and the other kid had was freaky. :confused: Other than that, this episode explained why Seviper and Zangoose are opposites in the game.