• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ZigZag Zangoose (324)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
ZigZag Zangoose!

Heading to Fallarbor City, the gang meet up with their old friend Nicolai who is training his Zangoose, however his Zangoose spots Jessie's Seviper and the age old feud between Zangoose and Seviper starts up with these two. Which one will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Chris

Old Coot
Episode wasn't too badly dubbed. Zangoose DIDN'T keep its original voice, even though it had the same name in both languages. x_X 4Kids needs to make up their minds. Also the Trainer Challenge was STUPID. Torkoal, a Fire-type, is the best choice against a Bug-type. How in the world did they come up with Dewgong aside from it being part Ice and Ninjask being part Flying?

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
As always I miss the 1st half each 1 of those Pokemon would be good but I would of pick Torkoal just so I can hear it's voice. I was'nt to happy with Zangoose voice it reminds me of a smoker but it was nice to see CrushClaw anime style.

L

Lindsay

Filler! Good! Awesome even!

Zangoose & Seviper's rivalry is brought from the smaller screen to the small screen if that makes sense! Nice vicious battle those two had as well. I think maybe Seviper should have won since it and Jessie had much more passion then Nikolai and Zangoose. Oh well~

Speaking of Nikolai~who knew they'd bring back that kigurumi freak? Surprising to say the least o_O

Jessie's personality reallyyyyy has changed now that she has rivals. And it seems she even almost cares for her POKéMON. Got a good laugh out of her saying she wants to tear up Cassidy!

4 / 5

Filler is good. :)

And the TC's aren't stupid, they are interesting and really make ya guess instead of being assbackwardly easy!

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
I agree, that "Trainer's Choice" was lame- all three of those PKMN could thwomp a Bug/Flying type. Why do they even bother if they're not going to think it through?

Just out of curiousity, is Zangoose's original voice any higher than the dubbed one? I kept thinking that from the way it looked, Zangoose shouldn't have such a deep voice... I'm glad 4Kids is starting to use Habunake's original voice more often- at least they're trying to do a good job on this show.

I really liked this eppie. Now I can understand the title, since zigzagging was an important part of the Zangoose vs. Seviper rematch. Lots of funny quotes; and since I missed the Skitty ep., I finally got to hear the kawaii little thing's voice...looks like it's original voice was kept!^_^(actually sounded like a real cat; that's cool!) The interaction between Jessie and Seviper after the battle was sweet; since most of us would expect her to get really p!ssy, no? And the mock battle...*giggles* The only thing I didn't like was Zangoose's voice.>_<; Great episode; 9/10!

EDIT: BTW; I think I understand the Trainer's Choice. While all three of the choices can beat down Ninjask; Dewgong has the highest Speed of the 3. Torkoal and Nosepass are just too damn slow!

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Zangoose sounded horrible. I'm quite sure that voice is the same as the Stantler seen in the background of one of the begining AG episodes, Absol's and Ludicolo's voices. Too damn deep. x_X

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
EliteTrainerRaven said:
Zangoose DIDN'T keep its original voice, even though it had the same name in both languages.
Hehe, theres another one to add to the list then ^.^
I'm quite sure that voice is the same as the Stantler seen in the background of one of the begining AG episodes, Absol's and Ludicolo's voices. Too damn deep.
Eh, you forgot to add Shiftry, Electrode, Slugma and Magcargo to that list :p I'm surprised to learn that Ludicolo has that voice though..frightening >_>; I kinda wish someone would upload little voice clips from the original, would be pretty nice to see what they all sounded like~

S

slysunshine

I liked Marshtomp. It was pretty cute, and I was happy to see cute little Skitty come out! Nicolai and the shorts thing was funny. It was cool seeing Norman and Caroline. I had no idea Norman hated shorts so much. May and Max's reactions were funny. XD

A lot of battles were in this one, which is a negative for me, but they weren't that bad. I felt like Seviper was going to win even though it was pretty obvious that Team Rocket was going to lose.

I liked the part when James and Meowth ran off without Jessie, and Meowth said the motto for Jessie. :) Speaking of Jessie, I'm really liking her in AG.

Oh, and Ash in Seviper costume VS Nicolai in Zangoose costume was pretty weird. XD

I'll give it 8/10, maybe higher.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
FWEE! Nikolai!

I didn't pay too much attention to anything other than Nikolai ^^;; As if that was any surprise. Sexy......*___*

Anyway.

From what I DID pay attention to, it was a good episode. Not enough Nikolai, tho. >> *pounds on the bashers because it's not allowed* :3

This was another high-quality filler:). I loved when Wobuffet carried off Pikachu's cage and everyone was trying to get it back!! It reminded me of "The Wayward Wobuffet'. Good times, good times........Anyway, the battle wasn't really that great, except for the river scene. I did like it though when Seviper did the Bite-Poison tail combo and had its face buried!!! That was funny!! I did like Zangoose's voice, and the part where James was begging for forgiveness from Seviper was 00ber funny!!!!
Overall rating:
9.7 out of 10!!
One of the best fillers in a while.

Chris

Old Coot
Gravy said:
Eh, you forgot to add Shiftry, Electrode, Slugma and Magcargo to that list :p
Didn't mention them since I missed the dubbed versions of the episodes they appeared in for AG. >___>;

Had I access to a program to rip audio, I'd get the voices of the original Pokémon's voices for all to hear. If someone would be kind enough to direct me to something in PM or IM, it'd be appreciated. :s

The one thing I liked about this episode was the actual training involved. I love it when the writers put in these kind of things.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Zangoose with a deep voice sounds like it would be fine to me. And Ludicolo's was actually FUN to hear as a deep voice (sorta like Bea Arthur), much like Camerupt's was. But Absol's.... Yes, completely unfitting and needs to be changed. Now, I haven't heard Zan's actual voice yet (missed the damn episode), but if you look at its Sugimori art, a deep voice sounds like it would be kick ***... if done right of course.

Chris

Old Coot
A deep voice would fit, but definately not the voice 4Kids uses. And Ludicolo has never had a deep voice in the original. It had a comical Mexican tone to its somewhat-high voice. >.>

I think I know why they made the Trainer's Choice the way they did.

It's becuase they want to keep the voice for Torkoal a surprise, until it makes it's first debute. So they went with the second best choice out of the 3.

Anyways, I saw some of this episode. What I saw was good and all, but it was mostly a battle that was just something of old rivalary.

I did like Zangoose. In fact, it's my favorite Normal type. :) However, I hate it's trainer with a passion. Just drop the disguises and be a normal trainer for crying out loud! :(

Anyways, a decent ep as far as I saw.

Won't be able to give a proper rating until I see it all.

I'll watch it on Friday, then give my POV. :)

V Faction

www.faction.com
EliteTrainerRaven said:
And Ludicolo has never had a deep voice in the original. It had a comical Mexican tone to its somewhat-high voice. >.>

...Okay? Voices can be changed successfully and in this case it was. If you'd like to think of Ludicolo having little tortilla-selling Pacho's voice from down the street, be my guest.

>.>e_e@_@>=):-(u.u:p=O(_8^(|)T_TO.O=/

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
pokeplayer984 said:
I did like Zangoose. In fact, it's my favorite Normal type. :) However, I hate it's trainer with a passion. Just drop the disguises and be a normal trainer for crying out loud! :(

....If he was a normal trainer, people would complain about how 'OMG, why do we have all these random useless trainers popping up everywhere?!' And they'd just lump him with the random trainers we always get and call it a stupid episode. >>

His uniqueness is adorable, leave the poor thing alone! ; ;

Thriller

Its almost time
Cool eppie. Seviper was pretty immature as it kept purring. I never knew snakes can purr. I wasn't upset about Zangoose's voice, it was cool.

3.5/5

Geodude

pokeplayer984 said:
It's becuase they want to keep the voice for Torkoal a surprise, until it makes it's first debute. So they went with the second best choice out of the 3.

No way. If that was really the reason, they'd simply have used a different Pokemon than Torkoal. -_-

I think the reason they went with Dewgong is that Ninjask can learn Dig (and learns it naturally if you keep it as a Nincada long enough), which is SE on both Torkoal and Nosepass.

Last edited:

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Cool ep. Makes me wonder why Zangooses and Sevipers hate each other. It's probably been going on so long now that they don't even remember why it started! Gosh, that thing with Ash in the Seviper costume and Nikolai in the Zangoose costume was FUNNY! Ash looked so stupid! And I love this quote:

(after TR sees Nikolai)
James: Hey! Isn't that the kid from before who was obsessed with his short pants?

XD! This ep was OK, and I give it a 6.5/10