• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zing Zap Togedemaru! (949)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Zing Zap Togedemaru!

As Kukui is out, Ash & co. decide to watch his house for him, and when it comes time for lunch, Ash accidentally empties the fridge by messing up. In order to rectify this, the group heads to Hau'oli City's Mall and bump into Sophocles and Togedemaru, but when a blackout happens, Ash & Sophocles get separated from Pikachu and their friends. Will they be able to find their way back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Soniman

Break the Limit
Well, that was pretty mediocre

Definitely the weakest episode so far, just kinda mehh all around, and it confirmed to me that Sophy will definitely be the character I'll be caring the least about in this saga. Maybe it's because we just had a electric themed inventor/genius companion so I just think he's redundant, even though personality wise their completely different.

Idk, maybe he'll get better, he just didn't really grab me

Best parts of the episode were Ash struggling with the household chores, Bewear and murder Mimikyu

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It was OK episode, I liked some comedy parts. IMO, TR fight should've been longer.

pokemaster442

いくZ!
Found out in this episode that togedemaru is female and thats why it likes Pikachu alot. I found this episode to be funny at least.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Omg this episode was hilarious. I loved the parts where Ash messed up on trying the laundry and cooking. I also liked how creepy Mimikyu was. Too bad it has to belong to Team Rocket. I also liked the character interactions here.
8/10

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
God damn it Rowlet, stop being so damn adorable, I already love you too much lol. Kind of wish someone would of used a new move or something but at least they got some character growth.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
God damnit Rowlet.

This anime will be the king of reaction gifs.

I can't but feel like Ash should have been more wary going round corners but that's what he gets for running in without thinking.

I liked it, but it certainly feels like the first filler episode.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Bewear please you're killing me here... or should I say KIIIIIIIIIlling me. :p That was such a heroic entrance haha.

Appreciated the comedy but I'm not sure the episode as a whole was overly interesting, probably the comedy saved it from being boring. Mimikyu's hella creepy, turns into a rogue agent when Pikachu shows up.

Spent a lot of this episode saying WTF Rowlet just because of how derpy and out of it the thing is.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I was cringing a lot this episode. Especially towards Ash and Pikachu. The way they've made Ash the butt monkey protagonist is one of the main reasons I will never accept the show as canon after XYZ.

Then again, it was fun when Sophocles got involved. He acted somewhat nervous like his in-game counterpart and uses Togedemaru as a nightlight. (What?)

Rowlet and Bewear were obviously fun to watch, but the episode was kinda ruined for me because of Ash being an idiot as always. I know it's a trope the anime has always done, but come on. You gotta let the kid mature at some point in their life.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I personally liked the moments where Ash messed up cooking and laundry since it showed that he's still used to traveling and hasn't completely adjusted to living at home and going to school yet. Plus, between Milotic head butting him last week and him ramming into the fish tank this week, I feel like the writers are trying to make fun of how overly heroic they made Ash in Kalos and show that most kids can't do the things he did

Janovy

Banned
I was cringing a lot this episode. Especially towards Ash and Pikachu. The way they've made Ash the butt monkey protagonist is one of the main reasons I will never accept the show as canon after XYZ.

Then again, it was fun when Sophocles got involved. He acted somewhat nervous like his in-game counterpart and uses Togedemaru as a nightlight. (What?)

Rowlet and Bewear were obviously fun to watch, but the episode was kinda ruined for me because of Ash being an idiot as always. I know it's a trope the anime has always done, but come on. You gotta let the kid mature at some point in their life.
How is Ash a "butt monkey" and how does that make him an idiot?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Meh. Rather boring episodes with some giggles here and there.

4/10

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
it was an alright episode, but i think i would've enjoyed it more if we saw the other characters as well. and bewear's abilities never cease to amaze me xD

also, i know somewhere in the world right now, brock is laughing his head off at ash's predicament. after years of clotheslines and campfire meals, ash finally has a laundry machine and kitchen and still screws up lmao.

and is togedemaru being a girl confirmed or is that just what people are assuming?

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
How is Ash a "butt monkey" and how does that make him an idiot?

Namely the fact that they had him constantly being hurt throughout the episode. Rowlet knocking everything on the bookshelf onto him, jumping into the fish tank, Togedemaru while rolling around hit him in the face, Sophocles falling onto him and crushing him, running into those emergency walls not once or twice but three times. I can forgive the cooking and laundry mistakes since that's Ash, but there was an over abundance of seeing him get hurt for no reason at all.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Namely the fact that they had him constantly being hurt throughout the episode. Rowlet knocking everything on the bookshelf onto him, jumping into the fish tank, Togedemaru while rolling around hit him in the face, Sophocles falling onto him and crushing him, running into those emergency walls not once or twice but three times. I can forgive the cooking and laundry mistakes since that's Ash, but there was an over abundance of seeing him get hurt for no reason at all.

i don't see how any of that correlates to him being an idiot; that's just him having bad luck lol.

Janovy

Banned
That doesn't make him an idiot though.

Yes, Ash is being used as a vehicle for all sorts of physical comedy, but he is still a competent trainer.

Epicocity

Yes, Ash is being used as a vehicle for all sorts of physical comedy, but he is still a competent trainer.

There is a point, however, where being turned into a butt monkey gets stale and annoying. Sure, he's not an idiot (because you really can't blame him for cooking or laundry with a washing machine) but watching him get smacked around for no good reason other than laughs is tiring. After the fifth time you start getting bored. Doesn't help that Sophocles was the only one he had to bounce off of the whole episode...especially when he didn't get the same treatment that Ash did.

Don't get me wrong, there were funny moments, but since the episode as a whole was pretty much void of anything else other than learning Sophocles is really Fat Clemont only more useless (to me, at least), it made those butt monkey moments all the starker.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

Well, you're right. I may be a little rash to call Ash an idiot because of the laundry mishap and making a terrible lunch; he's still ten. That said, I don't like how Ash excessively gets hurt in each episode. It's funny, but I sometimes find myself wondering how he's even alive after all he's been through.