• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zing Zap Togedemaru! (949)

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Aside from Rowlet being amazing as ever, Mimikyu still manages to be awesome by scaring the crap out of Meowth by its lone presence.

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT BEWEAR??? That thing is so amazing lol

Mimikyu in the anime is freaking me out as well. Those sound effects everytime it shows up makes its creepiness even better. And Rowlet. I WANT it.

When Bewear showed up again, I was thinking, "samurai in the sunset chiche... does Bewear get a Japanese flag headband now?" That would've been hilarious to combat the slightly stale Bewear gag.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Best part of the episode was Bewear rescuing Team Rocket (again) (and again)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Mimikyu and Bewear are amazing in this episode and so is Rowlet.
Lol at Ash getting sick over his own cooking and Pikachu thunderbolting him.
I also found the part where he ran into the walls hilarious too.
I liked how he saved Sophocles from becoming trapped as well.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That scene of Bewear should be enough to change this show's title to "Bewear the Batman" considering how he got on top of the building.

Still, this episode was fine for me since I liked Ash and Sophocles' interactions along with Mimikyu too. It also made me like Togedemaru a lot more for some reason and of course we can't forget Bewear.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I personally liked the moments where Ash messed up cooking and laundry since it showed that he's still used to traveling and hasn't completely adjusted to living at home and going to school yet. Plus, between Milotic head butting him last week and him ramming into the fish tank this week, I feel like the writers are trying to make fun of how overly heroic they made Ash in Kalos and show that most kids can't do the things he did

A very interesting observation :)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The thing is Sun and Moon anime has only had two fillers so far.

Two fillers in the first six episodes is a bad rate, especially since we are still in the "first impression" phase of SM. BW and XY first filler was episode 8 and there was quite more plot going on on both previous series than SM.

But ok.

Last edited:

Jason3b93

What really bothers me is that not only Ash, but Pikachu became huge idiots so far. I mean, he can't even do laundry right. And how many times something hitted ash or pikachu in the face already?
It's getting repetitive awfully fast.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I fully expected some mediocre episodes because that's just how the anime is not every episode will be gold. I don't think any episode has been down right bad so far or anything at least so that's a good sight. Less we forget XY had a string of bad fillers (Pancham forest, Kindergarten, Smuggler) pretty early in its run so anything can happen

Jason3b93

Also, I wonder if they will encorporate some of the game story in the anime. Because if they o, it could be the best generation of the anime ever. But I dream too high.

And to clarify the thing about ash's physicall comedy: it's just bad. It's not the three stooges, it's pokémon. If they overdo it, it will be only cringe and boring.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The difference is that Tom and Jerry has mature themes in it, themes that adults can relate to, it even shows them getting drunk and trying to commit suicide for gods sake.

Relying on witty dialogue is just an example of mature comedy, i never said it was the only one. What i did say was that relying solely on funny faces obviously makes this type of humour more aimed towards younger kids. I also never said that being aimed towards younger kids makes it bad, but rather that we shouldn't compare them if they're trying to reach a different audience.

Those are old Tom and Jerry( which brought violence), I am speaking of new one. Even adults are watching them( old or new; it doesn't matter). Implying that SM only makes funny faces. Lmao. Try watching an episode. They are not reaching for new viewers in general. Pokemon has always been aimed for kids. Correct thing is: they're reaching for new generation of kids, like it not.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I didn't mention this before, but I'm really enjoying the background music in this series. The Hau'oli City theme playing in the background while Ash and company were at the mall was a nice touch even if I am sick of hearing that theme from the games.

-I loved that background people were talking and given screentime (the crying kid and his mother, the mall guy, concerned people) and some of them were chilling in the background, waiting for the power to be turned in.

I really liked that, as well. I've gotten so used to background characters who are either stationary or just look around, dumbfounded, that it's nice to see background characters actually react realistically to a minor crisis.

I don't get why it's being bashed when it's not done an awful lot wrong so far. Granted the trial arc isn't starting until the new year but I like how they're establishing the characters first and then following up on their aspirations as opposed to shoehorn it in.

That is one thing I like about SM so far - we're getting to know the characters. Since there are so many supporting characters this time, and since Ash started out stationary rather than traveling, it doesn't surprise me that it's taking a little longer to get to the "meat" of Ash's adventure (the Island Challenge). But we are getting to it sooner than I thought we would.

IMHO, an episode that focuses on a main character isn't truly filler. Even if the episode wasn't all that interesting, we still learned a little bit more about Sophocles. We already knew he is a programmer and data analyst and is apparently fixated on analyzing Rotomdex; but here, we learned he is afraid of the dark and he was hesitant to admit he was at the mall to get ice cream. The latter actually interested me a bit, because it makes me wonder if he gets teased about his sweet tooth and/or his weight. It's kind of a shame that wasn't further elaborated upon.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If we're trying to deconstruct the tropes of the series as a whole, then it's pretty good.

Ash has had other people do laundry for him as shown in episodes Gone Corphishin and Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel movie ... which leads him to not knowing how to do it himself

Ash has always had other people cook for him ... which means his ability to make biohazard is in tip top shape.

Ash acts on impulse like jumping into volcanoes and rushing into battles without plans ... he slams face-first into a fish tanks.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If we're trying to deconstruct the tropes of the series as a whole, then it's pretty good.

Ash has had other people do laundry for him as shown in episodes Gone Corphishin and Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel movie ... which leads him to not knowing how to do it himself

Ash has always had other people cook for him ... which means his ability to make biohazard is in tip top shape.

Ash acts on impulse like jumping into volcanoes and rushing into battles without plans ... he slams face-first into a fish tanks.

And those reasons are exactly why I found the first part of this episode so entertaining. Not only has Ash had other people do his laundry for him, but he has probably never used a washing machine before; Delia or Mimey probably does the laundry at home. So, he made the understandable mistakes of overfilling the machine and using the wrong wash cycle.

Ash has always had someone else to cook for him - his mother, Brock, Cilan, Clemont and Serena, and now Professor Kukui. I did like that it wasn't his idea to cook and that he admitted he can't cook. Though it was probably a good thing Rotomdex stopped Ash from eating raw, uncooked meat; the boy might have poisoned both himself and his Pokémon.

Ash acts on impulse, and leaping off the loft railing was faster than climbing down the ladder. So, he face-plants into the fish tank.

DatsRight

This wasn't a bad episode for me at all. Yeah, the slapstick was a LITTLE overdone, but it helps Ash character wise and means the vibrancy and comedy doesn't end with Team Rocket. I like Ash is reacting a bit more to the cast putting him in uneasy situations compared to XY. He's lost his temper with Sophociles and Rotom so far in a light hearted way. I admit I am disappointed that the former argument was very brief and they didn't butt heads significantly, but hey, still more than XY's 'conflict'.

This Ash to me does a better job holding episodes than the more serious incarnations. When there wasn't a battle or someone to inspire, they were usually too dulled down. SM Ash can be put in a random house and cause chaos.

Okay spotlight episode for Sophociles, I was expecting a bit more on display, given recent scenes implied him to be a little arrogant, but showing his abilities and a bit of his quirks was fun. Togademaru is adorable in her bond with Pikachu. I can only hope this doesn't end up forgotten for most of the series like what happened with Dedenne.

Mimikyu is becoming very ambiguous. Meowth definitely doesn't consider it a friend like other TR Pokemon, and it even disobeys Jessie to start on Pikachu. It will be interesting to see what happens when the inevitable enemy mine with the twerps occurs, since it doesn't seem like the standard ever loyal teammate the TRio usually catch.

Team Rocket were fun to watch, still hilarious and little bit more formidable (I like it's continuing the premise of the twerps having to stop them by being smart and using their abilities in a puzzle like combination, sorta goes hand in hand with the trial formula of this gen used over just power and battling). We get another display of them working part time, and getting a little too into the role. I don't get why Wobbuffet still hasn't been used at any point, what's the point of having him out full time now if he's not doing anything? The Bewear scene was hilarious, though I am wondering if these gags have become so elaborate and hammy from the start, how far can they escalate them?

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
This episode was actually funny and had a realistic sense. It may have been just a filler, but it was certainly relatable to when I was a kid and Ash was acting his age in this episode. Trying to cook, do laundry, eating ice cream too fast and getting a brain-freeze, I liked it. Also looks like Rotomdex freaking out when Sophocles wants to analyze him might be an ongoing gag. Meowth's interactions with Mimikyu are funny too and Bewear is still trolling...doesn't make sense, but I don't care atm lol.

Also, skimming through some of these posts...I feel like there's quite a bit of overreacting going on here. We're only 6 episodes in so far, calm down. It was a comedic filler episode that had its moments. Decent filler, 6/10.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
One complaint... we've only seem the trio for four episodes now and I'm finding the Bewear gag really boring and flat. I went in knowing that the Bewear would come and take them away as I stare emotionless at my screen without a smile.
I can see why you think that tbph. It was anticlimactic and yeah I was expecting it too watching the episode.

Also, the Bewear gag can be funny sometimes, but this time it just interrupted the action and didn't give the battle a conclusion. It was anticlimatic and stopped Sophocles from being the one who saves the day and not Bewear. I wish they had chosen another gag, the blasting off again at least happened usually after Team Rocket lost.
Yeah, the Bewear gag replacing TR blasting off wasn't something I entirely agreed with tbph. I mean Bewear is preventing what rockets do; blast off. Heck I might as well say that TR shouldn't really be called TR at this moment in time because of the Bewear gag. (But it's just something that we'll have to get used to because it'll probs be here for the whole region)

DatsRight

In fairness the battle was all but done anyway. Pikachu was revving up a Thunderbolt and TR were just cowering defeated and waiting for the inevitable (I could argue Mimikyu wasn't out yet, but the same way I could argue Wobbuffet easily tanks Pikachu's attacks whenever he tries and yet always gets blasted off too).

And at least they aren't using stock footage for Bewear like they did the blasting off gag last region.