• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zing Zap Togedemaru! (949)

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Hoh boy, it's gonna be fun seeing how TPCI handles the sparkly vomit scene! XD

You have bigger cajones than I thought you would, SM! I knew you were going to try emulating Kanto's slapstick, but it looks like you're bringing back its energy, edginess and insanity as well.
I approve! :D

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Obligatory episode for Clemont Sophocles

Pros:

* Topu Keko - wtf was Ash trying to accomplish jumping smack into a water tank

* Bewear the Batman

Cons:

* I don't know how they'll make Sophocles interesting later on in the series, especially in the wake of Clemont

* In the Pokeworld, there isn't a spare Machamp who could easily lift those doors

* So why couldn't Pikachu just physically propel off the wall?

Thoughts:

* I wish my vomit looked like that

* So we have proof that Ash would totally die if he didn't have companions

Best parts were Ash's fails at the beginning and Bewear. Rest of the episode was rather dull.

4/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4/6

Last edited:

Zach8920

Well Clemont's finally getting that much-needed development huh? Never knew he was scared of the dark.

Ash is completely..oh no. Considering how many 'sidequests' the guy has he'd never survive without the obligatory cook. Was fun to see him fail though, idk why.

Bewear's probably gonna wear thin sooner or later(doesn't mean I hated it). Anytime now.

Soniman

Break the Limit
* I don't know how they'll make Sophocles interesting later on in the series, especially in the wake of Clemont

Yes Clemont that lauded character everyone adored and didnt always criticize at all.

Yeah poor Sophy he has high expectations to fulfill lmao

Janovy

Banned
Yes Clemont that lauded character everyone adored and didnt always criticize at all.

Yeah poor Sophy he has high expectations to fulfill lmao
More like Clemont who failed to get any semblance of proper storyline past his gym battle with Ash.

Pre-gym battle Clemont was great. Post-gym battle Clemont felt like he was reduced to a minor character.

Soniman

Break the Limit
More like Clemont who failed to get any semblance of proper storyline past his gym battle with Ash.

Pre-gym battle Clemont was great. Post-gym battle Clemont felt like he was reduced to a minor character.

well, thank you for proving my point

Janovy

Banned
well, thank you for proving my point
You mean to tell me a character shouldn't be criticized when they're not being used to their fullest potential? Okay.

But quit acting as if people hated Clemont since episode 1, PLEASE.

Soniman

Break the Limit
You mean to tell me a character shouldn't be criticized when they're not being used to their fullest potential? Okay.

it gets a little tiring when you hear it all the time yes, something id thought an Iris fan would know all to well.

like literally the minute i bring up clemont you start telling me how much he sucked like???

Janovy

Banned
it gets a little tiring hearing it all the time, something id though an Iris fan would know all to well
You've taught me well that it's the way the world works, so I've fully embraced it. :/

Just like Iris, Clemont is an imperfect character. He deserves some of the criticism, but he also had good stories.

Soniman

Break the Limit
You've taught me well that it's the way the world works, so I've fully embraced it. :/

Just like Iris, Clemont is an imperfect character. He deserves some of the criticism, but he also had good stories.

thats all im trying to say, every character in this show is flawed to a degree, I just think somec deserve a lashing less then others.

Bottom line is regardless of how people felt about Clemont, he made a excellent first impression which Sophy hasnt done yet at least for me

Supersonicbro

I didn't mention this before, but I'm really enjoying the background music in this series. The Hau'oli City theme playing in the background while Ash and company were at the mall was a nice touch even if I am sick of hearing that theme from the games.

I really liked that, as well. I've gotten so used to background characters who are either stationary or just look around, dumbfounded, that it's nice to see background characters actually react realistically to a minor crisis.

That is one thing I like about SM so far - we're getting to know the characters. Since there are so many supporting characters this time, and since Ash started out stationary rather than traveling, it doesn't surprise me that it's taking a little longer to get to the "meat" of Ash's adventure (the Island Challenge). But we are getting to it sooner than I thought we would.

IMHO, an episode that focuses on a main character isn't truly filler. Even if the episode wasn't all that interesting, we still learned a little bit more about Sophocles. We already knew he is a programmer and data analyst and is apparently fixated on analyzing Rotomdex; but here, we learned he is afraid of the dark and he was hesitant to admit he was at the mall to get ice cream. The latter actually interested me a bit, because it makes me wonder if he gets teased about his sweet tooth and/or his weight. It's kind of a shame that wasn't further elaborated upon.

Your point about sophicles and the ice cream thing is really interesting. I didn't even think about that. I was wondering why he seemed weird about the ice cream thing until ash got excited about it too. I hope they go far into the characters personalities like this.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I just now noticed Rotomdex lifted Togedemaru off the ground and carried her inside the vent. I don't know why whenever I see Mamane in action, I think he resembles an (older & well detailed) character of Crayon Shin chan lol. Maybe it's just his body shape, eyes, mouth drawn, and his reactions.

Also can we not call Mamane Clemont 2.0 already? Of course I prefer Clemont (despite his under appreciation) but we're still getting to know Sophocles. Their personalities are different and sure they share 2 big similarities (Electric type inventors & 'smart guy' character), they will be handled differently.

Pikachu finally has a (female) rival that adores him and another rival that hates him. I'm sure Togedemaru's bond with Pikachu won't cease to exist as time passes.

Time went by pretty fast in this episode. I can't wait for a late night episode!! :D

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
lol the narrator knows ash so well now:

"but today, it seems satoshi will be staying at home alone. this can only lead to trouble...."

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well, this episode sure fell flat on its face. Can we scrap Sophocles from the cast? Can we start a poll? Will the writers listen? Sadly, probably not..

Best parts of the episode were Ash struggling with the household chores, Bewear and murder Mimikyu

No, no, no.. Those were the worst parts I've ever seen in a Pokémon episode. Ever. During the first seven minutes I was honestly not sure if I was watching Pokémon. It honestly beats the horrid Beheeyem and Zoroark-fillers from Da!.

Honestly, I would not in a hundred years would've thought that: "Ash fails at household chores and goes to a mall" would be the set-up for a Pokémon Episode. No. Just no.

This episode was bad. Really bad. The set-up of this plot was beyond weak, Sophocles continues to be occupying screenspace he shouldn't be, Mimikyu is starting to get on my nerves, Ash and Team Rocket still look horrible and the latter really have no purpose. Basically, Bewear was the only saving grace with that entry, but it's losing freshness already. I can't really give this episode more then a 2/10. It sucked.

This episode was alright and had a few bits of humour.

What made me laugh was skipping it back to random points and sending the funniest screenshots to my sister to see her reactions. And her reactions are some of the funniest things I've ever read.

I've found my new war cry. Whenever I enter battle I will cry "MAMANE!!!!!" Because of one screenshot.

NPT

Just a member
This episode was terrible. Ash being a doofus the whole time was NOT funny at all.

Looks like the SM series is slowly going back to the BW-tier bad humor. I hate that kind of humor.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
No, no, no.. Those were the worst parts I've ever seen in a Pokémon episode. Ever. During the first seven minutes I was honestly not sure if I was watching Pokémon.

Well that a just like, your opinion man.

I found Ash struggling in a domestic setting hilarious, certainly not the worst, I'm sorry you disagree

NettFox

Well that a just like, your opinion man.

I found Ash struggling in a domestic setting hilarious, certainly not the worst, I'm sorry you disagree

I think the problem comes from partly taking what SEEMS to be TOO much from how Yokai Watch's anime is made. I mean the past episodes I LOVE for still having moments with stuff like Mimikyu and Rowlet. Earlier bits of this episode brings to mind of how many fretted that Pokemon would start copying Yokai Watch for some part even IF this is actually funny when considering that Ash has spent most of his time on the road without domestic abilities. If you notice the line up is similar in a sense here in the opening bits with Ash/Nate, Pikachu/Jibinyan, and Rotomdex/Whisper. Rowlet is the one odd man out though by just hanging there all adorbs. Plus next episode Ash catches a Fire kitten pokemon Litten so that further's the parallels.

Also you see how Lana and Popplio had bonded along with an EPIC fishing trial. Here it kinda feels like a step down where Sophocles isn't given enough from this episode. I mean Togedmaru is adorbs yet more could be desired.

Still gotta love how TRio caused chaos unintentionally. Not to mention Bewear... I originally disliked it in the games and poster YET in action LOVE that big lug.

Last edited:

Everything12

I think the problem comes from partly taking what SEEMS to be TOO much from how Yokai Watch's anime is made. I mean the past episodes I LOVE for still having moments with stuff like Mimikyu and Rowlet. Earlier bits of this episode brings to mind of how many fretted that Pokemon would start copying Yokai Watch for some part even IF this is actually funny when considering that Ash has spent most of his time on the road without domestic abilities. If you notice the line up is similar in a sense here in the opening bits with Ash/Nate, Pikachu/Jibinyan, and Rotomdex/Whisper. Rowlet is the one odd man out though by just hanging there all adorbs. Plus next episode Ash catches a Fire kitten pokemon Litten so that further's the parallels.

Also you see how Lana and Popplio had bonded along with an EPIC fishing trial. Here it kinda feels like a step down where Sophocles isn't given enough from this episode. I mean Togedmaru is adorbs yet more could be desired.

Still gotta love how TRio caused chaos unintentionally. Not to mention Bewear... I originally disliked it in the games and poster YET in action LOVE that big lug.

I have watched both Pokemon Sun & Moon and over 100 episodes of Yokai Watch and I can safely say that while does bits may make it seem the same they are nothing alike in terms and people so stop comapring them based tiny little details along which are probably coincidences that Sun & Moon haters saw and used to further slander it without watching either of them.

snorlax512

The humor in this episode was dumb. Ash being the butt-monkey is NOT funny anymore.

Looks like this series is slowly going back to the BW-tier bad humor. I hate that kind of humor.

Unfortunately this show is aimed for kids, who are more easily entertained by butt-monkey humour and funny faces.