• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zing Zap Togedemaru! (949)

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
The series so far has been interesting. In the past Ash has traveled all over the place. Now that he's sticking to one place, it creates a different dynamic. Now characters aren't filler in the same way, and the pacing seems much slower, filled in with gags and humor.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Just like Iris, Clemont is an imperfect character. He deserves some of the criticism, but he also had good stories.

Iris and Clemont (and some others from the main cast) weren't so much 'imperfect characters' as they actually were characters the writers failed to utilize properly. At least when their series ended, I didn't hate them like I ended up with Brock and currently the TRio.

Ominous Wind

Another interesting episode, even if I think Sophocles did not have too much focus. However, Togedemaru is cute!

Ash doesn't know how to cook or operate a washing machine and yet there are people who want him to travel alone. Please, he'd die on his first week.

I'll never get tired of the Bewear gag. It's so funny.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I am not fully convinced that Ash would be so scatter brained as to fail at laundry that hard, attempt to eat raw meat and then ruin food so badly that it is no longer edible. The crisis in the shopping center was not a bad adventure but I am not sold on the events that happened early in the episode, they were just too far out of character.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I am not fully convinced that Ash would be so scatter brained as to fail at laundry that hard, attempt to eat raw meat and then ruin food so badly that it is no longer edible. The crisis in the shopping center was not a bad adventure but I am not sold on the events that happened early in the episode, they were just too far out of character.

If you think about it, those events aren't so out of character for Ash. Ash is used to doing his laundry by hand on a clothesline, not using a laundry machine (and overfilling the machine and using too much detergent are classic rookie mistakes). He admitted himself he can't cook, so his disastrous attempt at fixing lunch for himself and Pikachu is pretty much expected. On top of that, he has always traveled with other people who took care of the tasks he himself doesn't know how to do. I wouldn't call him scatterbrained so much as understandably ignorant and/or unskilled.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Since when is Ash proficient in ANY of these skills?! He's definitely relatable in that aspect as even college students don't know how to do laundry, cook something that isn't pre made into the microwave/oven, and don't realize what's edible/not edible to eat. Ash is only 10 years old, those situations are completely plausible.

And you're using the word "scatterbrain" wrong, novice is more appropriate in this situation. One can not forget something he doesn't have experience or any knowledge of.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I could maybe agree if this were season 1 but its not. Even if Ash doesn't age past 10 years old, he still has a wealth of experience as a traveler and pokemon trainer. The laundry can be overlooked as him being too overconfident or not paying attention but pouring the entire bag of salt into the food? And did he really need Rotom to stop him from eating raw meat?! That's just crossing the line for me.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I could maybe agree if this were season 1 but its not. Even if Ash doesn't age past 10 years old, he still has a wealth of experience as a traveler and pokemon trainer. The laundry can be overlooked as him being too overconfident or not paying attention but pouring the entire bag of salt into the food? And did he really need Rotom to stop him from eating raw meat?! That's just crossing the line for me.

But Ash doesn't cook, and he himself admitted he can't cook. He may have a wealth of experience as a traveler and as a Trainer, but he has never traveled alone, and one of his friends has always done the cooking for the group. No one has ever taught him how to cook, so it's not Farfetch'd that he would make mistakes and mess up a meal.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
But Ash doesn't cook, and he himself admitted he can't cook. He may have a wealth of experience as a traveler and as a Trainer, but he has never traveled alone, and one of his friends has always done the cooking for the group. No one has ever taught him how to cook, so it's not Farfetch'd that he would make mistakes and mess up a meal.

Well that's true..

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash trying to cook and do laundry was the best part of this episode. I also laughed at Rotomdex freaking out again when Sophocles wanted to take him apart and analyze him.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm actually shocked the dubbed version of this episode aired already. I thought the Canada airing wasn't mean to happen until Saturday.

CITV, United Kingdom.

did they actually remove the scene with ash vomiting on pikachu?

Yup. Although it was censored in the raw version with glitter but apparently that's not good enough.

It's better censorship from the dubs part in all honesty. The raw tried to censor it, but it just brings attention to the scene and 'oh look, I'm actually just spraying magic dust here, nothing to see, nope, not vomiting at all'.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It aired in the UK.

I have heard of instances where dubbed episodes aired in the UK first before the US or Canada, but I had no knowledge of this one airing on CITV first beforehand.

Also wait, did Pikachu's vomit really get replaced by glitter? TPCi surely made a bad decision with this since it doesn't make sense at all, much like a lot of the 4Kids edit made during Advanced Generation.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I have heard of instances where dubbed episodes aired in the UK first before the US or Canada, but I had no knowledge of this one airing on CITV first beforehand.

Also wait, did Pikachu's vomit really get replaced by glitter? TPCi surely made a bad decision with this since it doesn't make sense at all, much like a lot of the 4Kids edit made during Advanced Generation.

It was glitter in the original too I'm pretty sure.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

No, TPCi just removed the scene. The raw version replaced the vomit with glitter.