• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zing Zap Togedemaru! (949)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
TPCi removing the glitter vomit scene entirely is even worse. At least as bad as Ash's crucifixion pose getting edited.

Both types of censorship are stupid.

One made out it never occurred.

The other draws attention to the scene and given the context (which one has since one is watching), doesn't hide it but rather amplifies what it was trying to hide.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Still, the dub's cringy OPs and abomination of edits (such as those infamous music changes caused by the fact they don't want to pay insane amounts of money just to use the original scores) make me only want to watch the Japanese episodes from now on.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, the dub's voice acting definitely better now. No cringey voices so far that sound worse than nails on a chalk board. Looking at you Lysandre and Sawyer.
Team Rocket's dub actors are still the best of the lot. Are they getting paid more now that they show up almost every episode again? Cause they deserve it.

And this was the only time Rowlet was ever funny, when he was suffocating. Stupid owl....

NPT

Just a member
The episode itself was already bad, but the dub made it even worse thanks to the script(such as changing Ash's "thanks for the food" line to "down the hatch") and sub-par voice acting. Also, what's the point of cutting the scene where Ash throws up? Is showing a 10-year old boy throw up too much for TPCi?

Music-wise, only 3 pieces of original BGM were kept(Title Card, Team Rocket Motto Music, and the music that plays right after Bewear runs off with TR), rest was all inappropriately placed generic Goldfarb music. *sigh* why can't TPCi keep more than just 3-4 pieces of original BGM every episode? Ever since Goldfarb came onboard, we're getting less and less original BGM. What a bummer.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The episode itself was already bad, but the dub made it even worse thanks to the script(such as changing Ash's "thanks for the food" line to "down the hatch") and sub-par voice acting. Also, what's the point of cutting the scene where Ash throws up? Is showing a 10-year old boy throw up too much for TPCi?

Music-wise, only 3 pieces of original BGM were kept(Title Card, Team Rocket Motto Music, and the music that plays right after Bewear runs off with TR), rest was all inappropriately placed generic Goldfarb music. *sigh* why can't TPCi keep more than just 3-4 pieces of original BGM every episode? Ever since Goldfarb came onboard, we're getting less and less original BGM. What a bummer.

They wouldn't be making any money if they had to pay for all the original music. And since I don't care for toilet humor, I don't really care that that scene was cut.

NPT

Just a member
They wouldn't be making any money if they had to pay for all the original music. And since I don't care for toilet humor, I don't really care that that scene was cut.

Not sure if I should buy that. They could very well keep the music if they want(as proven by the sneak preview versions of SM001 and SM002) but they just choose not to, which is a darn shame IMO.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I found this episode quite amusing especially the first few scenes when Ash was trying to be domesticated, I guess travelling with companions who do that for you goes to show here.

I hope Sophocles and Ash's fractious friendship goes on as it is makes it more interesting but I fear they may get along better now that they have better understanding.

Anyway, I enjoyed it onto the next one!

Vipsoccermaster

Sixth episode, with Sophocles and Togedemaru, aired today in the United States. Episode overall was all right, not too good and not too bad. Beginning of episode where Ash did the laundry and cook food were indeed funny. Ash should take lessons on how to do them correctly, but that's not his thing. Didn't care for the censored scene cut.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Didn't care for the censored scene cut.

What was censored out?

Also, i have to say this is one of THE most boring episodes I've seen in several generations.. literally nothing happened the whole episode. So much wasted time with gags of Ash crashing into walls, wasted time at beginning with random stuff like laundry and cooking. Wasted time with TR in control room. NOTHING happened in this episode. Probably most boring episode since The Stolen Stones! in Johto

I also didn't like how the girls and Kiawe didn't appear at all..is that something that happens frequently this generation that not everybody appears? Even during Clemont's 3 episodes away from the group he appeared in all 3

The one thing I did like about this episode was "Appliances are so amazing!" as a callback to gen VI

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What was censored out?

Also, i have to say this is one of THE most boring episodes I've seen in several generations.. literally nothing happened the whole episode. So much wasted time with gags of Ash crashing into walls, wasted time at beginning with random stuff like laundry and cooking. Wasted time with TR in control room. NOTHING happened in this episode. Probably most boring episode since The Stolen Stones! in Johto

I also didn't like how the girls and Kiawe didn't appear at all..is that something that happens frequently this generation that not everybody appears? Even during Clemont's 3 episodes away from the group he appeared in all 3

The one thing I did like about this episode was "Appliances are so amazing!" as a callback to gen VI

Don't worry about the censored bit. It wasn't good anyway. Yeah, it's generally agreed that this is the nadir of Sun/Moon so far.

Vipsoccermaster

What was censored out?

I was referring to the above posters about the cut - Ash vomiting on Pikachu, apparently.

I can see how nothing happened here, it was just there. A filler, if you will. The two things that we did learn, however:

- Sophocles afraid of the dark.
- Togedemaru is female.

I agree with you on that Kiawe and the girls did not appear in the episode itself (all main characters will show up in the opening and ending, for sure, but that's besides the point), but they had nothing to contribute to the episode, so they were left out. Mallow did have a mention by Professor Kukui at the end, but still. Unfortunately, there will be episodes that not everyone will appear, since some may not have any relevance to show up to assist the plot of the episode.
Also unfortunate is that every 5th episode from this episode to the 21st episode, all six characters will not appear at any one point of those following episodes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash was supposed to be shown vomiting on Pikachu? I thought Pikachu just thought Ash was dying by the food that he attacked him to snap him out.

Seems Kukui has an endless supply of same lab coats, but how do they get that rugged up? Figures Ash doesn't go out with that shirt with the 8-bit Pokemon logo.

I found it real shocking that they decided to give random background people some rare Pokemon. There was an Eevee, a Haunter...and a Riolu that wasn't taking focus away? What happened to these writers?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Well, that was pretty mediocre

Definitely the weakest episode so far, just kinda mehh all around, and it confirmed to me that Sophy will definitely be the character I'll be caring the least about in this saga. Maybe it's because we just had a electric themed inventor/genius companion so I just think he's redundant, even though personality wise their completely different.

Totally agreed on every point

I was cringing a lot this episode. Especially towards Ash and Pikachu. The way they've made Ash the butt monkey protagonist is one of the main reasons I will never accept the show as canon after XYZ.

At least his battling skills haven't gone away the way they did DP>BW

I personally liked the moments where Ash messed up cooking and laundry since it showed that he's still used to traveling and hasn't completely adjusted to living at home and going to school yet.

Wow. That's a good point. You made me rethink this episode a *little*

I felt like this episode was supposed to be the episode where we get to know Sophocles better and yet i feel like we barely know anything about him

Yeah this is exactly why I despised this episode. Literally thought that this episode would do for Sophocles what yesterday's did for Lana

I fully expected some mediocre episodes because that's just how the anime is not every episode will be gold. I don't think any episode has been down right bad so far or anything at least so that's a good sight. Less we forget XY had a string of bad fillers (Pancham forest, Kindergarten, Smuggler) pretty early in its run so anything can happen

Pancham forest is where Jessie caught Pumpkaboo

Mallow did have a mention by Professor Kukui at the end, but still.

And I'm still waiting for the Mallow focus episode, maybe about her family's restaurant or maybe about something else.

Episode titles have been revealed through the end of June (SM015) and still no sign of any Mallow focus episode even though the rest of the characters have them

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, that's two episodes in a row with nearly nothing going on. The second half of the episode was alright, but not the best, and the first half had literally nothing happen. What a bummer. I'll hand it to them that they had some funny moments, especially Meowth and Mimikyu, but comedy alone does not carry and episode.

Also, I feel like a broken record at this point, but alas, we had no team Rocket blast off again. I guess I should give up any hope of ever seeing them blast off for the duration of Alola.

Also, what's the point of cutting the scene where Ash throws up? Is showing a 10-year old boy throw up too much for TPCi?

Say what you want about the dub editing scenes, but I will absolutely defend this one edit. There is no way that I would want to watch someone throwing up. That is completely disgusting and distasteful. I am glad they cut it, and baffled as to why people would have wanted it to stay.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah, that's two episodes in a row with nearly nothing going on. The second half of the episode was alright, but not the best, and the first half had literally nothing happen. What a bummer. I'll hand it to them that they had some funny moments, especially Meowth and Mimikyu, but comedy alone does not carry and episode.

Also, I feel like a broken record at this point, but alas, we had no team Rocket blast off again. I guess I should give up any hope of ever seeing them blast off for the duration of Alola.

Say what you want about the dub editing scenes, but I will absolutely defend this one edit. There is no way that I would want to watch someone throwing up. That is completely disgusting and distasteful. I am glad they cut it, and baffled as to why people would have wanted it to stay.

Yeah I agree, it was completely gross lol, plus that would probably get someone upset if that was kept in and Disney xD doesn't need any grief on it's first year of hosting the dub episodes on their channel.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Any dub viewer would have missed it because it was censored and I can see why, since vomiting would have been extremely disgusting to expose to young kids.

Who likes to see puke anyway? It's pretty nasty

Leonhart

Imagineer
I found it humorous when Satoshi made himself some food that ended up being disgusting, and the Rocket-dan working at a pastry shop was neat. Nyasu still being uncomfortable around Mimikkyu was amusing as well, and Maamane's Togedemaru redeemed herself in this episode. I loved when Mokuroh airlifted Pikachu to safety.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow I totally forgot about this episode until it had this new post in this thread today.

I actually had to look up what happened to remember, that's how forgettable it was.

It was so bad, none of the Ash gags were funny, and we didn't learn anything about Sophocles unlike the other classmates' intro episodes