• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zoey or May's Squirtle?

Take your pick

• YARGH!!! DIE YOU GOD DAMN TURTLE!!!

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Nozomi's better by far

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nozomi's slightly better

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I like them both

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Z.E.N.I.'s slightly better

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Z.E.N.I.'s better by far

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • YARGH!!! DIE YOU NOSEY B!TCH!!!

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • They both suck

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
With that said, I demand that someone make a 'Who's better: Zoey or May's Squirtle' poll, so the true comparrisons could be made.

it had to be done. XD

Anyway, I'm sure anybody who knows me (or rather remembers me.... I've been inactive a lot lately ^^') knows where I stand on this. Nozomi's pretty dull, but isn't even close to the evil that is Z.E.N.I. (what I've come to call Haruka's failed abortion), and she could still have a chance to be interesting thanks to the fandom pinning her as a lesbian. XD

And mind you, I refer to Haruka's Zenigame, NOT Haruka's Kameil. I'll see how that turns out, but for now, I'm hoping for a clean slate with a new look. ^^

Kataphrut

Squirtle rules! I don't watch the Japanese version, but is he really that evil?

This poll is pretty random.

Next up: Ash's Torkoal or Ritchie's Pupitar?

The Loudred Boss Fantasy or the Absol Boss Fantasy?

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I call the "Dawn's Piplup Vs. The stale Brock" topic.

Oh, and I guess Zoey, though I've never seen an episode with her.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Most bizarre poll ever. I can't even vote. :p

OK, I thought about it, and say what you will about Squirtle's first win, but Squirtle Vs. Banette was still a great Contest battle. Aside from the bubble/thunder scene, that was Squirtle's best battle in the series, so much so we had to go into Sudden Death mode as the clock ran out.

I liked Zoey's battle against Dawn in their first Contest, but other than that I can't think of any others I particularly liked.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
I can't vote. It's too much hate for me to handle.:p

They're both bad for me but I prefer to see Squirtle battling than Zoey babbling.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Death to Satan turtle. Thank god that thing evolved so it might have a chance of redeeming itself in my eyes.

And perhaps it's because a good deal of her dialogue goes over my head, but I don't think I'll ever understand why Nozomi is so ardently detested.

It still surprises me how Nozomi can get this much hate. Jeez. I don't really watch D/P, but I've seen Nozomi in episodes, and I don't see what's to hate about her really. It's her personality, a different kind, just like every other character has their's.

...For the poll, I like both. Nozomi and Haruka's Squirtle. :]

I think May's Squirtle is slightly better only because:

May's Squirtle will evolve which means the "Squirtle" will be no longer be on May's team (and hopefully no more DEM at the same time).

While Zoey will still be on the show until after D/P so we have to put up with her annoyance still.

I hate both so much. But I pick the turtle over Zoey, that ***** can die for all I care. Ok maybe die is a bit harsh maybe at least let her move across the country, never to be seen agian LOL.

Thriller

Its almost time
I've not had a single problem with Squirtle.

I was happy it was MAY'S and not Ash's when it was revealed to be in the 8th movie.

I was so proud of it when it defeated that Ariados. So what if it only learned Ice Beam the episode before? At least it didn't learn it that very moment, as was the case with Ash's Squirtle and Hydro Pump.

Kataphrut

It still surprises me how Nozomi can get this much hate. Jeez. I don't really watch D/P, but I've seen Nozomi in episodes, and I don't see what's to hate about her really. It's her personality, a different kind, just like every other character has their's.

...For the poll, I like both. Nozomi and Haruka's Squirtle. :]

I've not had a single problem with Squirtle.

I was happy it was MAY'S and not Ash's when it was revealed to be in the 8th movie.

I was so proud of it when it defeated that Ariados. So what if it only learned Ice Beam the episode before? At least it didn't learn it that very moment, as was the case with Ash's Squirtle and Hydro Pump.

I agree and apply to both these statements. I never really saw a reason to hate either of them. It seems like the fandom is looking for characters to place hate on, fo no apparant reason.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

Thriller your logic is up in the air. :rolleyes:

Ash's Squirtle definitely deserved to learn Hydro Pump, by that point in Orange it had already been in a large number of battles not to mention it was the leader of the Squirtle Squad before Ash.

Heck, even though we've never seen Squirtle stop itself from evolving like Bulbasaur did Squirtle itself is probably well beyond the power of its base form.

Go watch the episode with Ash's Squirtle in the Johto league, the way it took out Quilava and Electabuzz in the same match was amazing. Ash's Squirtle is the pinnacle of Squirtle's in the anime, the true born leader.

Although I generally didn't have any problems with May's Squirtle once we got to the Banette Contest, mainly because there it actually put up a decent fight without doing anything cheap like the Ariados one. And now that its a Wartortle it should be better off anyway.