• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zombie Apocalypse Time! What Pokemon do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Charizard. Not only are dead bodies more flammable, but it can carry me away in a pinch.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Many posts on this thread involved using major legendaries, yet you choose to pick us two out of all of them. Brilliant :rolleyes:

So due to change of plans, my new Pokebro is none other than Suicune, since it is a minor legendary.

No one else besides you two used a major legendary... Shaymin, Moltres and Articuno are not major legendaries.

Since I can't use Kyogre though, I'll go with Milotic and spam Calm Mind surfs :p

Earthia100

Hmm... Either Infernape, Charizard, or Dragonite. Maybe my Simisage.

Infernape- Fry them.
Charizard- Fry-n-fly
Dragonite- Draco Meteor. Need I say more?
Simisage- Its like, Plants vs. Zombies!

xXShinyUmbreonXx

No one else besides you two used a major legendary... Shaymin, Moltres and Articuno are not major legendaries.

Since I can't use Kyogre though, I'll go with Milotic and spam Calm Mind surfs :p

I do wish that milotic got calm mind. Would make it potentially the best special bulky water out there. Plus it would make sense.

Zachmac

Any fire type would do, as long as it can completely incinerate them. Zombie limbs can move on their own, but I'll be ashes couldn't.

Or Zoroark. When I need to sleep, it'll make an illusion to hide us. When we need to move, it can burn them with flamethrower.
Magikarp!! The annoyance of DEATH!!
Use Splash!!!

Zombie: IT BUUUURRRRRR-gargle-RRRRRRRNNNNSSS!!!!
The best part is that they can't make Magikarp into a Zombie! It doesn't have a brain in the first place, so how could they eat it?
I do wish that milotic got calm mind. Would make it potentially the best special bulky water out there. Plus it would make sense.
You know, calm mind Milotic doesn't sound half bad.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Dewott! It could slice up the zombies with its shells, it's quick and could escape from them easily, and if one is about to bite it, it could block it using its shell!

Zachmac

Dewott! It could slice up the zombies with its shells, it's quick and could escape from them easily, and if one is about to bite it, it could block it using its shell!
Ninjask could do that better. Slice it up with it's claws, and if one is about to bite it, dodge. The only pokemon faster then it is Deoxys-s.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Metagross, Charizard, Tropius, Hydregon, Tyranitar, and Absol.

Metagross heavy artillery and tank based transport.

Charizard air based Transport and it can cook the zombies.

Tropius supplies me with food.

Hydreigon slower air transport then Charizard but higher fire power.

Tyranitar sandstorm cover for sleeping and heavy artillery.

Absol early warning system.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Psychic-Types would do the trick.
Psychic everyones head off!
Teleporting to safe spots.
Levitating over hordes of Zombies while blowing their minds, literally.

Last edited:

aurasageluke

AuraSage
Hmm... Interesting topic. Love it!

1st PKMN: Lucario
Zombies are the undead, but they're still alive. Thus, they still have Aura. Plus It'd be nice to communicate with a talking Pokemon (Yes. He can talk.). His combat skills can also be a priority for use. Aura Sphere never misses, so we'd knock'em outta the ball park with it.

2nd PKMN: Charizard
Flight and Power. Charizard is very power, and with Flamethrower, we'd soar overhead and burn them to tiny pieces of ash... Oh w8 Lol!

3rd PKMN: Blissey
With the power of healing, she'd take care of us if we needed assistance. She'd use Thunder Wave to get rid of the enemy Zombies. If she got hurt, however...

4th PKMN: Audino
With her healing powers, she too would assist, and with Helping Hand, she'd help out in Battle. Both of them would heal each other if the other got hurt in any way.

5th PKMN: Tropius
Fruit grows around it's neck, and when it falls, we can use it as food. He also can learn Fly, so if Charizard needs tending, he'd be our next bet.

6th PKMN: Blastoise
Water and guard. Blastoise would use Scald to burn opponents and food. He also can provide a drink for us if we needed it. He'd use Surf so that we can go through trecherous waters, but away from the Zombies.
~

Pro Tip: Zombies hate lightning. Have Audino know Thunderbolt. How do I know this? Play Black Ops Zombies and use the Thundergun :D

Victory

Banned
Latios because I can blast all of them and I can fly super fast :p

Chaser26

Pokemon Long Vet
Stoutland. Large, loyal, ferocious and can locate other survivors, resources, and even detect hidden zombies. It would have to know Hyper Beam and any Fire-Type move though.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Depends on the kind of zombies we're talking about here.

If they're the generic, slow, peon zombie with no real mental faculties, then pretty much any Pokemon with a decent mount of power can suffice. Any form of typical dismemberment and maiming will generally suffice. Remember, "removing the head or destroying the brain".

Now, if they're your "horde" zombies that tend to gather in large groups, something with wide-spread carnage will be in order. Flight is always a plus here. Pokemon like Charizard and Moltres (flight and Flamethrower) would be great to take out large groups and still make your getaway. If you're surrounded, usually escaping through the ground (via Dig) or by aerial means is often preferrable. So, if this were the case of zombie, I would probably use either a tunneling Pokemon like Excadrill or Dugtrio, or something that could fly and cause wide-spread destruction like Charizard or Moltres. On the other hand, if I were on the outside of a group, moves like Surf and Muddy Water would sincerely come in handy, as they would push the horde of zombies away from you. And, in a last-ditch scenario, you'd probably want to have an Abra on-hand so you could use Teleport and get your but outta there!

However, if they're your agile "run-fast, jump-high" zombie, you want something equally fast. Electrode would be a good one to have, as it could easily catch the zombie, then Self-Destruct and save you (destroying the zombie in the process). Ninjask would also be a good one for flying up and slicing the head off (it IS the second fastest Pokemon ever made). Aerodactyl would be an excellent choice given his rock-hard body (which makes him rather resistant to bites); but also since he can take out large groups with Rock Slide, or a single one with an aerial attack, and since he can fly.

On the other hand, if you're up against your "brute-force" tank zombie, you want something a little more durable. Not something with fleshy Fighting-type that'll just get bitten and zombify. You want something like a steel-plated Aggron, or a rock-bodied Golem! Something that can take a hit and shirk it off like it was nothing. Other options include Magnezone, since he would also be able to strike at range using electrical attacks (which can also paralyze the zombie).

If your opponents are the One Piece "smart" zombie that is fully cognitive you don't have to worry about bites since they're not "real" zombies. So, with that in mind, fighting-types would be an excellent choice to combat these guys, since they tend to be chickens. Unless you're dealing with something like Oz, then you want a Pokemon capable of some massive damage. Volcarona, Darmanitan, and Chandelure would be good choices (as all One Piece zombies hate fire).

Now, if your zombies are the "Bleach Hollow" zombie, you're in for a fight. Again, bites won't be such a problem but you never know what kind of abilities they're gonna have, so you'd really have to play it by ear on this one. Especially if they've become Arrancar.

Of course, if your opponents are of the "Warcraft" variety, and have not only intelligence and sentience, but a nasty little plague called "Blight", you MIGHT want to be using Poison-types or Steel-types. They can be defeated by pretty much any typical method, but their plague is a pretty nasty creature, so do watch out.

Finally, if you're dealing with the other form of "unliving" like Vampires (use Wood Hammer), Ghosts (use Dark-types), or something of the sort, you're really just going to have to play it by ear.

So, it really depends on what kind of zombie you're up against.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
dragonite. i can fiya mah lazah (hyper beam) from the skies so they can't get me. (even though his attack is higher that its special attack.)

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Charizard.

Can Fly

Can shoot flames out of its mouth.

Has sharp claws and teeth

Has a fire on the end of its tail!

Plus its charizard.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I think I'd use Steelix. Since Steelix's skin is pretty much metal I don't think I'd have to worry about it getting bitten. And it would be able to dig tunnels for me to hide in. I could also safely sit on it's head away from harm.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Golurk. It's unable to be zombified, it can fly, and it can smash-smash.

Or maybe a psychic- or dark-type to control the zombies.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Excadrill because his hands are like blades and he can also use long range attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.