• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zombie plans!

Do you have a Zombie plan?

• Yes, I'm going in alone

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Yes, I'm going in with a group

Votes: 50 43.5%
  • No, the zombie appocolypse is just a hoax

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • No, I'm gonna get eaten!!1!

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I'm still working on mine

Votes: 18 15.7%

• Total voters

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
So... i was researching about the zombies aaaaand... i found something interesting... check it out
The Walking Dead. Scientific name Homo Coprophagus Somnambulus.

A deceased human being who has partially returned to life due to undeterminable causes. The brain retains base facilities, namely gross motor function. In its near-mindless state, it grasps no remains of emotion, personality, or sensation of pain. In rare cases, some of the reanimated have reflexively preformed routine activities from their past lives.

The rotting bodies of the undead operate on a fraction of the level at which our bodies normally function. Circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems are unaffected by reanimation. Labored breathing, choking, and moaning are reflexive but no oxygen is carried through the blood. The nervous system functions primarily within the brain and brain stem. Sensory reception is minimal at best and seemingly unecessary in the pursuit of prey. The undead are incapable of fatigue and will persist at any cost. They will even crawl when their legs have been removed. Even if the head is removed from the body, it will continue to live. The only way to stop the reanimated is to destroy the brain. To prevent reanimation in the recently departed, decapitate the corpse and burn the body.

The only observable action a zombie takes part in is killing living creatures, especially humans, and eating them. Many theories and speculations surround this disturbing behavior. One theory is based on the thought that reanimation is the result of a contagious infection or virus, and that the primal drive to feed will spread the disease to other host bodies. Research has shown that although the majority of zombie attacks result in fatal wounds, all corpses return to life soon after passing, regardless of cause of death. Another theory is that zombies eat the brains of the living to refuel the "un-life" giving chemical serotonin. Because digestive and circulatory systems are incapable of bringing these elements to the brain, this just cannot be true. The final speculation seems the most obvious, that the dead feed for sustenance to satiate their unnatural metabolism. But because the gut has no function in the undead, this is also false. One documented encounter claims that a zombie was unable to move due to the sheer mass of undigested flesh resting in its distended gut. The creature continued to eat even after it's gut had burst open. Studies regarding the nature of feeding have proven that zombies will try to eat when their stomachs and even jaws have been removed. One explanation offers that the walking dead are the incarnation of death itself, a mockery of life that uses the vessels of the living to carry out their dark intentions, they are the opposite of life and are driven to simply undo it.

"When there's no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth."

Another theory is that... they could retain memories and intelligence, this means.. they will act and think like normal humans, buuuuut the virus will only kill them and give them a powerful desire to eat.. they won't need to eat, they can't digest anything... but the virus will make them feel the hunger.

So.. yes.. they can't starve to death.. they could think and act like normal people(very hungry normal people), meaning that they could even use weapons and anything they could need to kill us so they could eat us.. why?.. cause they are hungry and.. the flesh of living things is the only thing that can make the hunger go away.
Interesting! I also wonder, where did you get the info from?
When it says that zombies may exhibit past behavioral patterns, it insinuates a similarity among zombies and certain types of ghosts!
Ghosts may haunt certain places or repeat patterns that they previously had, and zombies may use past patterns as methods to hunt with....

I think that zombies who still retain such info, only use it to hunt with, so that they can prey upon the weakness of humans and their weaknesses....

To anyone who thinks that zombies won't go to places like Hawaii, well:
1. Places like Hawaii are tourist hot spots
2. People live there too! Meaning, zombies still exist!
3. Zombies aren't able to swim, don't need to breath, thus enabling them to walk underwater, meaning, danger, unless, sharks eat the zombies!

Also:
"Scientific name Homo Coprophagus Somnambulus"
Well, homo, means humanoid or maybe it was human
Coprophagus, could insinuate some type of corpse or cadaver type thing
Somnambulus, well, let's think of it this way, a somnambulist, is, as far as I've heard, one who dreams, or, sleep walks.
The latin form could translate to: "Sleepwalking corpses of Humans"
Or something along those lines....
It doesn't seem like it'd mean zombies.....

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
Excuse me but whats this zombie apocalypse thing??

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Well, if you think about it, islands are great. Zombies may not need to breathe, but they can't swim, and the water pressure shall crush them! Crush them into little pieces!

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
the water pressure shall crush them! Crush them into little pieces!

If we're all lucky! The zombies could, by some way, end up finding a safe way to hawaii.
Not to mention, if I'm correct, that the islands of Hawaii, the small areas between them, are shallow water, not really shallow, but kinda shallow, so, that might be a danger.

The reason I mention zombies walking underwater, and getting from one location, to another, is because, when my parents ended up watching this zombie movie, I was away, so they told me about the movie....

In the movie, the human race had found that electric fences and water repel zombies, so, many major human cities, were on islands, and had electric fences surrounding them.
Eventually, the zombies not only adapted to the electricity of the fences, but, they also had learned that they were able to cross large amounts of water, by walking underwater.
So, the zombies from the mainland ended up walking underwater, to the island, and began to tear down the fences.

That was the thing my parents had said that made this zombie movie unique.

?_?

I've said this before! Living dead is not possible! We're talking about a decease that limits intullectual capabilities and certain motor functions. They aren't reanimated corpses!

By motor functions you mean what? Brain activity.. heart beating.. Respiratory functions.. digestive capabilities.....
If they have none of the above.. they'd be dead... =O

Besides... isn't this a Zombie topic.. Zombie = Living Dead...

v_v

Interesting! I also wonder, where did you get the info from?
When it says that zombies may exhibit past behavioral patterns, it insinuates a similarity among zombies and certain types of ghosts!
Ghosts may haunt certain places or repeat patterns that they previously had, and zombies may use past patterns as methods to hunt with....

I think that zombies who still retain such info, only use it to hunt with, so that they can prey upon the weakness of humans and their weaknesses....

To anyone who thinks that zombies won't go to places like Hawaii, well:
1. Places like Hawaii are tourist hot spots
2. People live there too! Meaning, zombies still exist!
3. Zombies aren't able to swim, don't need to breath, thus enabling them to walk underwater, meaning, danger, unless, sharks eat the zombies!

Also:
"Scientific name Homo Coprophagus Somnambulus"
Well, homo, means humanoid or maybe it was human
Coprophagus, could insinuate some type of corpse or cadaver type thing
Somnambulus, well, let's think of it this way, a somnambulist, is, as far as I've heard, one who dreams, or, sleep walks.
The latin form could translate to: "Sleepwalking corpses of Humans"
Or something along those lines....
It doesn't seem like it'd mean zombies.....

Huh?.. yeah but somnambul = Sleep Walker... this doesn't means literally they are sleep.. could be... Homo = Human, Coprophagus = Corpse Somnambulus = Sleep Walker. some cultures reffers to "Death" as "Eternal Slumber" So maybe this is what Somnambulus means.
I hope this clears any doubt you might have =D

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Prertend I am the evilest comic book vilan without super powers and comit every sin possible! :D

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Excuse me but whats this zombie apocalypse thing??
basically its when germ warefare creates a mutated rabies virus that'll eventually spread and cause the downfall of humanity as we know it. Fortunately for those who plan, they'll survive to rebuild the world and rule it as they see fit.

Grei

not the color
basically its when germ warefare creates a mutated rabies virus that'll eventually spread and cause the downfall of humanity as we know it. Fortunately for those who plan, they'll survive to rebuild the world and rule it as they see fit.

You need to stop watching so many movies.

To tell the truth, I've been training to become a zombie. I practice walking at a slow pace towards a target, popping up at unexpected times, biting in to things, and I've been eating some good old Brains. Mmm, Protein. If I have a sudden change of heart, and decide I don't want to become a zombie, I'll use my good old pal logic. Like have you ever noticed even if someone gets their brains eaten their still a zombie. They'll try to think about this, but because they don't have a brain, their head will explode. Also I would like to point out to them that brains are very high in fat and if they wanted a healthier alternitive, they could try Bran muffins.

Ikito

I'd tie up my friends and use their bodies as shields as I escape and get to my super secret hiding place where no body, even a zombie would go... A building covered and filled with Hannah Montana merchandise. Maybe I should go and buy Left 4 Dead to prepare in case it fails... Hmmm.

Zombie OutBreak

o.o Did you guys died?

Ok so... let's assume... you wake up tomorrow.. and everything is like quiet....

You brush your teeth half asleep.. you get some snacks to start your day..and you decide to look through your window to find out why is everything so quiet..
And BOOM what you see is no more than a desert city.. the cars are there abandoned. some of them are in fire, or crashed.. everything is a mess.. you don't know what happened.. you think.. "I might be dreaming haha" after a short moment you realize that you are awake.. suddenly.. your parents grabs you "We need to go NOW" you don't even know what's happening.. so you end up in the car half asleep and wearing your sponge bob pajamas thinking "No math exam today ahahaha" and you still don't know what's wrong.. you ask your parents.. and their words are just... "They.. we... don't know what are those things.. they just....." and just after they could finish talking, you see a group of people.. they are all covered in blood and chasing your neighbors.. they catch them.. and.. .they start eating them... Yes.. you realize.. it started...

So.. you are still in the car.. with your parents... what do you think would happen... and.. depending of what you think might happen.. what would you do next? (No Chuck Norris Jokes >=/)

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Well, damn there goes all of my non-offensive material.

Anyway, I'd grab a machete on the way out, and stab zombies that get close, BAM, right through the skull.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
In a Zombie apocalypse, I'd probably have to to something similar to Nazi Zombies in Call of Duty. I'd board up all the windows and doors, move all the firearms and ammunition to an upstairs location, and grab a metal baseball bat for when I run out of bullets. For food, I would cook the remains of the undead at a temperature so high that it would ensure the death of whatever parasite caused the disease.

All of that would last about 20 years, then I would go mad as a hatter and run down to the nearest farm to grab a sickle. After said sickle was obtained, I'd run into the middle of the city and attack the zombie population at its heart.

..... Or I would find a way to make the zombies attack each other.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
ok, new thought:

WHAT IF POKEMON WERE INVOLVED IN Z-DAY?
either as creature that help you, or zombies as well.

o.o

Steel, Rock, Ice, Fire, Electric, Grass maybe or Poison and Ghost Pokemon are our friends... since they can get sick (due obvious reasons).. I'd make a group of pokemon to fight the zombies and Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma.

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
I'd have my awesome eeveelution team defend me, I'd be in a secure location, and my team would own, Wish would heal in case we got non zombifing wounds, and offence is the best defence, and they's fire off in direct attacks, BANG, right through the brain.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Ghost types would be best I think cuz they're already sorta dead, So thay can't get infected! Fire types could also be useful, cuz we all know
zombies+fire=AWESOME FOR YOU!