• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ZOMFG!!! A Suspect Team!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Meh, I'm not really one for elaborate introductions, so I'll just get to the team already. Remember, this is for SUSPECT.

At a Glance:

450.png
478.png
467.png
227.png
381.png
130.png

Up Close And Personal:

garchomp.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP/156 Atk/84 Def/16 Spe

-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

In this form, Garchomp reaches 244 Spe, enough to beat Jolly Tyranitar. Running max HP and Leftovers allows it to survive any Seed Flare from Skymin and two Psychics from Azelf. In addition, Garchomp survives two consecutive Meteor Mashes from max attack Metagross due to the Defense EVs. While it helps against Tyranitar, it doesn't ensure that a 2HKO cannot happen if it faces CBTar. However, non-boosted Crunch from Jolly Tyranitar cannot 3HKO, and a +1 version has a slight chance to 2HKO with Stealth Rock and Leftovers, but Garchomp will prevail the vast majority of the time, and not without severely damaging Tyranitar (Earthquake does a minimum of 91.5%- max attack would be needed to guarantee the OHKO). There is enough attack to OHKO Shuca Berry Heatran with Earthquake.

Change to previous set suggested by Kingdrom.

mamoswine.png

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Snow Cloak
Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Superpower

I'll be honest here: I have never actually had to use any of the last three moves. All this does is revenge kill Latios, Garchomp, and Skymin, though that's all it really needs to do. I'm considering replacing this with a Weavile so I can have Pursuit, but the loss of Attack and Defense worry me.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Magnet Pull
Timid
20 HP/252 SpA/236 Spe

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Flash Cannon
Explosion

The speed lets it outrun 216 Spe Starmie along with LO Gengar. Hidden Power [Ice] is used to revenge kill Garchomp locked into Outrage. Flash Cannon can hit Tyranitar and is a generally useful move for hitting initial switch-ins. A Timid nature is preferred because despite the decreased power of Explosion, Magnezone needs it's defenses and great typing to deal with stuff it needs to counter. Magnezone acts as a revenge killer to Lucario as well and can switch in on Trick from Lati@s.

Replacement of Registeel suggested by Kingdrom.

skarmory.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Keen Eye
Careful
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD

Drill Peck
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind

SpDefensive Mory, pretty standard, cept for the EVs and nature. You know what it does. My primary answer to teh Chompzorz (;445;).

latios.png

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP/252 Spe/252 SpA

Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power [Fire]
Grass Knot/?????
Trick

Basic sweeping Latios, only with HP Fire for Steels. Trick is for Blissey. I have no idea as to what else I really need.

On a completely unrelated topic, why doesn't this get Flamethrower or Fire Blast?

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

It amazes me how so many people are totally unprepared to take this out. Leftovers so he can take a hit without rolling over and dying. The SpD EVs let me switch into Stealth Rock 4 times. The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not I'm getting redundant coverage with Stone Edge/Ice Fang. If I am, which one should I swap for Earthquake?

So, just to recap:

450.png
478.png
467.png
227.png
381.png
130.png

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please be sure to leave a comment!

*Pics by Arkeis.

Last edited:

118 118 113

Bulbasaurus
for starters garchomp isnt suspect, its banned because it is obviously overpowered. SD Skarm wat on earth are you thinking douchbag? Its a physical wall for a reason. It has crap special def and its weak to thunderbolt and fireblast, which if you haven't noticed are two of the most common special attacks. Garchomp is equally terrible, there's a reason that defensive chomp doesn't work and I cant think of a much worse lead. I also fail to see how 100 hp EVs will let you survive swampert's ice attacks. A physical pert will still OHKO you so congrats on wasting 25 stat points. In fact, your team has incredibly little synergy and you'd be lucky to beat a blind downie even with a fair dose of luck. I suggest you leave pokémon to the big kids and play something more your level of intelligence, like snap.

Fail

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
for starters garchomp isnt suspect, its banned because it is obviously overpowered. SD Skarm wat on earth are you thinking douchbag? Its a physical wall for a reason. It has crap special def and its weak to thunderbolt and fireblast, which if you haven't noticed are two of the most common special attacks. Garchomp is equally terrible, there's a reason that defensive chomp doesn't work and I cant think of a much worse lead. I also fail to see how 100 hp EVs will let you survive swampert's ice attacks. A physical pert will still OHKO you so congrats on wasting 25 stat points. In fact, your team has incredibly little synergy and you'd be lucky to beat a blind downie even with a fair dose of luck. I suggest you leave pokémon to the big kids and play something more your level of intelligence, like snap.

Fail

and i suggest you go get a ****ing life you retarded FailTroll.

Not to mention you are wrong on quite a lot of things, Garchomp is suspect, and it's not that overpowered, Sala is more overpowered than Chomp.
Nobody runs physical Pert unless they like Twilight, like yourself.

i would rate the team but i have no idea about suspect, Special defensive Skarm is a bit pointless though, since it can't really survive many special attacks with all those EV's or not, and it looses out on a lot of DEF.

Rezon

Banned

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura

Fail

Infraction on a count of trolling, maybe? My new bestie Reno should take a look. And pokemon snap is fun too *******.

Anywho, he is right, Chomp has been way banned on suspect, and i think at this point they are only testing Manaphy (without Latios, Skymin, etc.). but i could be wrong here, so correct me.

Also, dont listen to a word he said because it will only hurt your team, which should be rethought now because two of your pokemon are unusable and the rest of them cant hold up on thier own either way.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Hey look, garchomp is go styles!!!11!!!!11!!!

If latios can learn energy ball or dark pulse, you might wanna consider that.

Xhizors

Banned
Hey look, garchomp is go styles!!!11!!!!11!!!

If latios can learn energy ball or dark pulse, you might wanna consider that.

-Wrong... Grass Knot hits every thing except Vaporeon for more damage than Energy ball. Dark Pulse isn't useful at all because of all those Steel types and Scizors that counters Latios.

-Also, special walling Skarmory is an epic fail... Just stick with the standard Skarmory EVs with an Impish nature:

252 HP | 64 Atk | 176 Def | 16 Spe

With your EVs, I don't think Skramory can take repeated Outrages from Garchomp. In fact he's 2HKO'ed by a Swords dance Outrage...

Drybones446

That Photography Guy

Fail

I suggest you to go suck the ego out of your soul and stop being an epic fail.

Anyways, since when did Mamoswine got into Suspect? Am I missing out stuff?

Last edited:

U. Madara

Uchiha Clan
Do not listen to the loser who has numbers for a username. However, some things that he said were true.

Don't have much time at the moment, but there are some things you can change.

change SpD to Def on Skarmory.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
OK, just so you all know:

The current Suspects (for OU) are:

Teh Chompzorz
Skymin
Dew-less Latios
Manaphy

The current Suspect for Uber is:

Dew-less Latias

And, just for laffs:

I also fail to see how 100 hp EVs will let you survive swampert's ice attacks.

Assuming no SpA EVs on Swampert, Ice Beam does 71.20% - 84.82%. Ice Punch requires a bunch of Attack EVs and an Adamant nature to OHKO, and even then, it still has less than a 1/4 chance to do so.

There. NOW you may rate the team.

Last edited:

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
No. Don't switch your Ev's on Skarmory into Special Defense. With them, Skarmory is a good switch-in to Skymin and Lati@s as well as Scarf Garchomp. Trust me, it works much better in the Suspect metagame. Skarmory remains a safe switch-in to Scizor for the most part as well. Using 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SDef and Careful is the way to go- if you still have issues dealing with physical threats, run 252 Hp / 16 Def / 240 SDef and Impish.

If Swampert's Ice Beam does so little, then why even bother using the Ev's? You are better off running either no or more Hp, since 279 speed is a peculiar number to sit at on Garchomp. You are better off running either more or less speed- One more speed point is best to outrun Lucario, who can pose issues even for your Gyarados since it is not bulky. The spread would then be 96 Hp / 252 Atk / 160 Spe.

Alternatively, you could run a slower set that counters Tyranitar better, shown below:

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 Hp / 156 Atk / 84 Def / 16 Spe
-Dragon Claw / Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

In this form, Garchomp reaches 244 Spe, enough to beat Jolly Tyranitar. Running max Hp and Leftovers allows you to survive any Seed Flare from Skymin and two Psychics from Azelf. In addition, Garchomp survives two consecutive Meteor Mashes from max attack Metagross due to the defense Ev's. While it helps against Tyranitar, it doesn't ensure that a 2HKO cannot happen if it faces CBTar. However, non-boosted Crunch from Jolly Tyranitar cannot 3HKO, and a +1 version has a slight chance to 2HKO with Stealth Rock and Leftovers, but Garchomp will prevail the vast majority of the time, and not without severely damaging Tyranitar (Earthquake does a minimum of 91.5%- max attack would be needed to guarantee the OHKO). There is enough attack to keep your OHKO on Shuca Berry Heatran with Earthquake.

There are better uses that can be put to the slot that Registeel currently fills. Scarf Magnezone has exceptional synergy with Mamoswine and Dragons in general, able to take out the Steels (and partially the waters) that are such a pain to your team. In addition, Gyarados + Magnezone resist every type in the game. If need be, he can also take hits from Latios, Garchomp, and Scizor (who is trapped and prevented from acting like a douche the rest of the game unless he used U-Turn)

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 20 Hp / 252 SAtk / 236 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hp Ice
-Flash Cannon
-Explosion

The speed lets it outrun 216 Spe Starmie along with LO Gengar. Hidden Power [Ice] is used to revenge kill Garchomp locked into Outrage. Flash Cannon can hit Tyranitar and is a generally useful move for hitting initial switch-ins. A Timid nature is preferred because despite the decreased power of Explosion, Magnezone needs its defenses and great typing to deal with stuff it needs to counter. Magnezone acts as a revenge killer to Lucario as well and can switch in on Trick from Lati@s.

Looks like the average Suspect team.

Last edited: