• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ZOMG! Someone was mean to me on the interwebz D,:

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
There are idiots all over the intewebz. If all they want to do is waste time putting down people they don't even know, they shouldn't be paid attention too. In short [explative]'em.

AndyBananny

Preschooler Trainer
I am an open book with sleeves drenched in emotion. The standard used to measure the flammability of a substance, if you will. Trolls gather from near and far just to catch a glimpse of my vulnerability. My body trembles in the darkest of night, as the computer's glare illuminates my longing facial features, yearning for acceptance from my internet peers until my cries of desperation put me to sleep in a pool of my own bodily fluids. Then, upon discovering the internet is like a fairy tale--- where you can make up all sorts of stories --- I live out my fantasy of what my ideal life would be like online. Thus, disconnecting from reality and succumbing to myself, displaying nothing more than a life of mere self-destructive behavior. Eventually losing everyone I once loved.

Just kidding. I call up Bob the Builder. He builds a bridge for me and I get over it.

But seriously the internet isn't worth getting mad over. Life is too short.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Every time I read the title of this thread, it cracks me up. XD

In all seriousness, when someone is mean to me on the "interwebz" it actually makes me really, really, really mad. It makes me want to punch them through the screen and I feel like flaming them back.
But, I'm too scared of getting into trouble, so I just learn to ignore the person. After a little while, I calm down and don't really care about what they said anymore.

However, I know that some people care a lot about what people say to them on the internet and take it really seriously. My sister's friend has had several internet "boyfriends" who all threatened to kill themselves because the friend told them that she wanted to break up with them. I don't understand why some people care so much about what someone they've never met said to them on a computer screen. O___o

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
The only time I get mad is when someone misinterperets my posts. And no matter how clearly I spell it out and how many times I explain it, they still don't get it.

Last edited:

Lin Cereal

Jag känner en bot.
The only time I get mad is when someone misinterpurates my posts. And no matter how clearly I spell it out and how many times I explain it, they still don't get it.

Yeah, I'm on a similar plane. I tend not to get mad so much as extremely annoyed, because being misunderstood in general is bothersome. Definitely where I developed my habit of explaining everything I say...

Anyway, I used to be a bit sensitive about people being mean on the internet, and/or would actually be inflamed by trolls. But after spending a significant amount of time in a community in which hurtful jokes are frequently made, I learned how silly it looks to be offended or even affected by the vast majority of what people say on the internet (especially strangers). Also applicable to non-internet situations.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
well i usually only get flamed by 11-12 year olds on Roblox who have nothign better to do than parade in their "muscle guy/ bikini girl" Jersey Shore avatar, going "ur hot, ur hot, ur hot, ur hot, ur hot." or stop to say "(name) is teh noobz." or somethign like that :p

blech

but then i reference HB Lovecraft and they have no clue ;)

but i dont play Roblox anymore

iKuroNeko

Maid of Breath
See, here's the thing....
The only people that tend to troll like this are people who are either A) about 12- to 15-years-old or B) attention wh -- er, gardening tools. These people are obviously looking for attention, whether it be the good or the bad kind.
When I meet with people like this (not "if"; sadly, the Interwebz is filled with these people), I don't even give them an iota of the attention they want. I simply move on to another page/level/whatever. Life is way too short to waste getting angry over someone who exists behind a moniter.​

Baconator

I shook it.
The Internet is replete with mind-numbing stupidity that can never be stopped.

Aquanova

I just got blatantly attacked in the General Chat thread and i didnt even do anything. God, online people really need to lighten up and be less agressive. Im really not always 100% serious online, i goof off sometimes, it makes me taken back when I do and people go like " RAR". Id never ever troll them back because im better than that.

Buizelster

The only time I get mad is when someone misinterperets my posts. And no matter how clearly I spell it out and how many times I explain it, they still don't get it.

Yeah that's irritating.

I'm annoyed with the anime fans who expect you to know all the information about a series when it's released, and if you don't they go off on you acting like arrogant snobs. Trying to make you feel like you're stupid and inferior because you aren't up to the minute informed like they are. Oh and people who proclaim that you HAVE to like the series they like or again they try their hardest to make you feel stupid and inferior, and then take a step further by making the rest of your stay on that forum a living heck.

Honestly it makes me hate hanging around anime fans these days. As far as I've seen on the western animation forums I've been too you definitely see a major difference in the atmosphere in a positive sense. I don't see why anime and video game based forums in particular have to be so gosh darn negative on people that don't follow the hive mind all the time.

Aquanova

You need to get mean to beat some sense into people.

That not true, you dont need to be mean to people, thats half of whats wrong with the internet today, people are too agressive and mean because they arent face to face

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I always think like this: the typical "Internet Tough Guy" is either A) a 13 year-old kid who's pretty legit for doing some stupid crap like getting to one millionth prestige in a Call of Duty game, B) a loser who wishes they were tougher than they are, or C) an young man who lives in his parent's basement.

What I don't get: Why people can't be themselves online.