• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ZOMG! Someone was mean to me on the interwebz D,:

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Personally, I don't ignore people who attack me (verbal or otherwise). I usually beat them at their own game and make them look feeble for their efforts. (Not in the "get a life way" --->That's a terrible attempt online, really in my opinion anyway)

No, I just look at their message, think and then counter them and bring a point where everyone just sort of knows whatever they said was wrong.

Although I'll admit I can be mean online, I normally hold off unless the person posting is a total imbecile or trolling/offending others/etc. There's a fine line, but some people don't have good logic or common sense, online or off.

Edit0-@Above Poster -beautifly-:

To be honest, I value girls who are not so forward into relationships (I'm old fashioned but that's just me), have some personality (intelligence though is more of a must), and have respect for me as I to them. Also, your friends "personalities" are laughable from how you described them. Also I can't stand women who try to control men or change them, really irks me after seeing one of my best friends change after such an experience.

Personally on the last statement about how does having a mean attitutde equate to a good personality... It doesn't. Just some guys (a large amount who follow the "crowd") are just imbeciles and ignore the more valuable girls because they aren't as "interesting or attention whoring" as others.

my 2c.

Last edited:

-beautifly-

Edit0-@Above Poster -beautifly-:

To be honest, I value girls who are not so forward into relationships (I'm old fashioned but that's just me), have some personality (intelligence though is more of a must), and have respect for me as I to them. Also, your friends "personalities" are laughable from how you described them. Also I can't stand women who try to control men or change them, really irks me after seeing one of my best friends change after such an experience.

Personally on the last statement about how does having a mean attitutde equate to a good personality... It doesn't. Just some guys (a large amount who follow the "crowd") are just imbeciles and ignore the more valuable girls because they aren't as "interesting or attention whoring" as others.

my 2c.

Thanks!
I can't stand when people are so disrespectful to their boyfriend/girlfriend, it's mainly girls trying to controll guys around here. I know my friends sound awful because of the way I described them, but don't get me wrong, they're cool people they just have some mean streaks.
If bosing people aorund and getting your way no matter how you hurt others is considered "cool" now then I know some of the coolest people. Too many people follow the crowd :/
Anyway, my first post was supposed to be in the advice thread but I messed up and posted it here, so I'll go post it there now.

As for internet drama, it's kind of like real life in a way.
People follow the crowd, they try to be mean because they think it's cool and funny or cute. :/

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
I can ignore it. But most people cant. I've actually heard of two gay kids who killed themselves over something someone said to them over da internets. Sad.

there's a fine line between being joking obvious internet type and then just being a total douchebag. I may joke a lot but I'm never meaning to hurt people and their real self.. Unless of course they have it coming.

People who actually go towards being hurtful I will never understand though I guess it probably must make them feel better about themselves haha.. Cause they probably get picked on loads irl. So don't let things hurt you over the net.. Just a small bit of advice.

Darkrailuver

Rathalos Knight
Anytime someones been mean to me it was on a online game.
When they were mean to me, I replied:

"If you're just going to come online to be mean to people, it's time to take out the game and find something else to do." Then I block them, and they leave me (and everyone else in the room) alone.

Venomous Woe

Master of Villany
I'm one of the sensitive types. I really, really, REALLY don't like being made fun of, especially in a place where practically anyone can see you.

Although I feel I'M the douche in most online encounters...

MasterLucario

No life till leather
the one thing you can't do is meaningly insult them and assault them with insults (huh?). Gotta be calm with your answer, no matter how much they piss you off. They want you to get more mad, liek trolls. They're like one big troll

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
Something I do find annoying is when someone completely misinterupts what you were saying for whatever reason, then goes overboard in the lashback. When you correct them on what you actually meant, they act indifferent, as if they are still in the right. If you misunderstand someone and make a huge argument in response, apologize. It's common courtesy. Of course, if you did make a huge argument out of something, you probably don't know the meaning of common courtesy.

hever

022611229PM
I usually just take it in, and respond in a positive manner. For those people who go on the forums just to be mean to other people, though, I don't like those. I was surprise how many people here got popular just by being mean to other and be a smart-asssssssss.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
I usually just laugh it off. If I feel the need to respond, I'll usually just be a smart *** or treat the person like a child.

Aquanova

I love this forum. I really do. I feel people are mean to me here and dont like me simply because I try to treat them like human beings and are respectful to them. This experience makes me not want to be here and led to me wanting to take a break. People dont understand. They need to hear what their behavior does to other people online. It might seem like Im whining or complaining you know what? I have a reason to post this. I didnt troll or flame you, so dont do it to me. Im back now, sorta, and want a fresh start here. If you are welcoming to me, i'll be the same to you.

I have a sense of humor, I laugh alot and tell jokes and try to lighten the mood. This is what my personality is like. I want to entertain people online and make them feel good about being here. It is what I do. If you dont like that you are free to not respond in fact if you are gonna say something stupid Id prefer you to not respond at all. I go on forums to share my opinion with others and have a good time. Negative experiences do not make me want to go to forums.I will not troll or flame people, im just saying. I want to be here.

Venomous Woe

Master of Villany
Im back now, sorta, and want a fresh start here. If you are welcoming to me, i'll be the same to you.

Negative experiences do not make me want to go to forums.I will not troll or flame people, im just saying. I want to be here.

Welcome back!

And yeah, I get what you mean about negative experiences driving you away. I've had several negative experiences that put me off posting on forums. Except, in my case, all the negative experiences were my own fault.

Bad Dreams

I just shrug it off. I know I am never going to meet this person in real life, so there is no point in wasting energy and getting upset.

Aquanova

Welcome back!

And yeah, I get what you mean about negative experiences driving you away. I've had several negative experiences that put me off posting on forums. Except, in my case, all the negative experiences were my own fault.

most of mine it seems were people having rather extreme reactions to my posts, its actually really alarming the way some people react. Im back for a fresh start though and i dont intend to leave again, trolled or untrolled