• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ZOMG! Someone was mean to me on the interwebz D,:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I do nothing to be honest. people been mean to me in real life so why would I expect the internet not to be mean to be me?

Peppermint

Vanilla-Flavored~
I just ignore them. The only thing they can do is piss you off with some words, you don't have to listen to them.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I usually laugh it off, because the idea of people being mean to others on the internet is just silly and juvenile to me.

I mean, really? What's to gain from being mean to people on the internet? Most people will just ignore them anyway. Honestly, it's kind of sad if you don't have anything better to do than be mean to people behind a computer screen.

Oddly, I'm a lot nicer to people on the internet than I am in real-life... o.0

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
well everyone done stupid things in the internet so i don't care what they say since they don't know the real me.

but i do get angry sometimes. you must be lucky that you don't get to see this person face to face as you can stop chatting to him forever on internet.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
[img139]http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/591/736/904/004/haters_gonna_hate.gif[/img139]
You're going to run into dicks everywhere in life. Fun thing about ones on the Internet? You have the option to close the browser. GASP.

Haters gonna hate cuz they mad.

Its funny that some people forget that they they can easily close the browser if someone is bothering them.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Attempt to an hero myself.

In all seriousness, nothing. Unlike IRL when sometimes you just can't ignore/escape from dickbags. The internet gives us the option to close the browser.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
I'd laugh at them, tell them how pointless it is too flame people on the net, then either close the browser or go to a different site.

Buizelster

I think it goes either way.

If it's just something you come across every now and then I think it's easily ignored because why think about it?

But when you're around an area on the internet where it's a constant and completely popular thing to do by being a douche to everyone that isn't into your tastes, opinions, etc. Then it becomes a bit different as you want to be able to co exist on that forum as well as be accepted because you're part of that fandom, but at the same time you also feel like you do not deserve being treated that way, and hate the fact that it's morally accepted as cool or accepted as the factor that determines your level of manhood by how much of a **** you can be to anyone you think less of. I feel that's when it starts to become more personal and a person can become more sensitive. Especially when you want to get along with everyone but are pelted daily with attacks from a large group of people that hit far too close to home.

But I've only seen douches like this in the anime fandom. Outside any anime forums I've seen that the level of douchery goes down to pretty much zero percent unless a political or religious discussion is brought up.

Dattebayo

Banned
I simply counter their mean comments by saying something I've learned from smart internet users, but usually that doesn't work as they counter my counter, and that leaves me into an internal struggle on who's opinion is right: the mean people or the smart internet users.

facetious

facetious
There's a fine line between being downright "mean" and telling others the honest-to-God truth. It's quite incredible how many people blur these boundaries and refuse to listen to any criticisms made about them, even perfectly valid ones. How can you expect to improve as a person if you simply refuse to pay attention to other people's less-than-favourable comments about you? That's why I take everything people say about me on board - maybe you all should too.

If you guys were more receptive to valid criticism rather than resorting to "closing the browser" like cowards, maybe most of you wouldn't be so completely fucked in the head.

Last edited:

[MaNiAc]

Amature Trainer
There really is no reason to care about what negative remarks are said to you online. There will always be those annoyingly rude and often idiotic trolls out there that get off on attacking you.

Simply ignore it, and move on...
(Unless they are SUPER annoying, then feel free to destroy them with the method of your choosing :D)

I tell them that if they have a problem with me they can hop across the pond and say it to my face. If not then STFU!

Cipher

Nothing to be done
There's a fine line between being downright "mean" and telling others the honest-to-God truth. It's quite incredible how many people blur these boundaries and refuse to listen to any criticisms made about them, even perfectly valid ones. How can you expect to improve as a person if you simply refuse to pay attention to other people's less-than-favourable comments about you? That's why I take everything people say about me on board - maybe you all should too.

If you guys were more receptive to valid criticism rather than resorting to "closing the browser" like cowards, maybe most of you wouldn't be so completely fucked in the head.
Hey! Cut it out before I cry and close the browser on you.

I'll do it too!

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

While I agree with this, I feel like more often than not people will be jerks for the sake of being jerks as opposed to attempting some constructive criticism. To be honest though, I do look at it this way; if I realize the blunder I made I'll try to correct it and move on, but if they're just being arses for kicks then why should I care what they say?

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
depends. most peoples comments i just laugh off, but theres a select few who anger me to the point i want to take revenge against them for what theyve said/done to me.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

Pretty much this (although it's a tad ironic considering who it's coming from). You need to learn how handle criticism in addition to handle people being mean to you. There is a difference, for example, in people badmouthing your art on DeviantArt because they are assholes for whatever reason and because you draw like a 5 year old

I guess I should take this advice considering that I just got out of a poorly thought-out argument with someone (I still stand by the point I made, but I kinda regret the points that I made towards the argument).

Profesco

gone gently
I'll take a little of what facetious said in my response to this.

Call it uncanny good fortune or a life too sheltered, but I haven't had much experience offline with people being mean. I learned quickly that this would not always be so online. You have to be prepared to face a lot of self-styled insult comics online, but I've been able to still make a good showing by approaching each individual with the expectation that he or she is a reasonable and respectable person capable of constructive conversation.

Failing that, it's not terribly hard to know when somebody's calling you out on a fault that has a ground in truth, and when somebody's just swinging their ball and chain at whatever they can reach. In the case of the former, if you can learn from it, do; in the case of the latter, let 'em swing. In either scenario, what they say only affects you to the degree you let it.

All that said, I have a few buttons of which I can't seem to ignore the pushing. =P

I think it's just annoying how people will say whatever they want, that they would NEVER dare say to someone's face IRL. I mean, it's pretty pathetic. But it makes people feel so badass right!!

It's irritating because you want to grab them out of the screen and kick their ugly ass, but ..you can't and all you can say is "yeah, just hide behind your computer which you're on 24/7, loserrrrrr :p" but it doesn't matter, because it's the internet.