• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zoos and Aquariums

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Do you have a favorite zoo/aquarium you've been to?
My area has a handful of zoos and aquariums, but a lot of the famous ones outside of my region are on my bucket list.
I've been to Franklin Park Zoo (Boston MA), Stone Zoo (Stoneham, MA), Southwick's Zoo (Mendon, MA), Roger Williams Park Zoo (Providence, RI), and the New England Aquarium (Boston, MA). I think I've also been to Benson's Wild Animal Farm (up in New Hampshire) as a child, but they shut down a long time ago.
Outside of New England, I've been to a small zoo in Maryland, the name escapes me. Also a small zoo in Sarasota Florida with a giant flamingo colony, and a small aquarium that is also in the Sarasota area.

My bucket list for zoos and aquariums is a bit... Generic.... In no particular order
Georgia Aquarium, London Zoo, Australia Zoo, San Diego Zoo/Safari Park, Bronx Zoo, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Toronto Zoo, Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, and Cincinnati Zoo.

Once the global conditions improve, that is, I'd like to go to as many of these in my lifetime.
I haven't gone to Roger Williams Park Zoo in a long time, it's one of my favorite zoos in my area (although it is a 45 minute, maybe an hour, drive from where I am, and I don't have a car). I would love to go back there one day, again, whenever the pandemic is pretty much over.

Missingno.Fan

I love zoos but I haven’t been to one in a long, long time. I went to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle many times as a kid. I also went Point Defiance in Tacoma a lot too.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My bucket list for zoos and aquariums is a bit... Generic.... In no particular order
Georgia Aquarium, London Zoo, Australia Zoo, San Diego Zoo/Safari Park, Bronx Zoo, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Toronto Zoo, Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, and Cincinnati Zoo.
I've been to London Zoo, I don't remember much about it, but as far as I remember it's a good place. I do like visiting zoos and aquariums, the last ones I went to were in 2019, Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland, and the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham. The Sea Life Centre is a franchise of really high quality indoor aquariums, and their Birmingham branch in particular is great. It had a massive underwater viewing tunnel with sharks, rays and even a sea turtle, as well as a penguin colony and a couple of rescue seals (though I looked on their website recently and it looks like the seals are gone now, replaced with sea otters).
Edinburgh Zoo has been a favourite of mine since I was a teenager, my favourite thing there is a walkthrough tropical bird house with lots of parrots, exotic pigeons and (for some reason) an armadillo in its own little pen. They also have tigers, rhinos, penguins and chimpanzees that I love seeing. I really hope they don't end up closing down forever because of the lockdowns, because I would love to go back again some day.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve only been to the Pittsburgh Zoo but I have been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium a couple of times with my most recent being in 2018. It was interesting as I got to see Galápagos penguins up close and even the staff feeding them which was interesting. There was something else I saw being fed but I forget exactly what it was. I want to say some type of sea lion? What was even more impressive about the penguins was I was observing them in a corner no one else was looking in and still getting a good view and one was actually sleeping and resting in its nesting area right in front of me. It was cute to see.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Today I learned that Roger Williams Park Zoo (one of my favorite zoos that I have ever been to,) is the third oldest zoo in the United States. I haven't been in ages, though. I wanna see what's changed since I last went in the mid 2000s.