• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zoroark: Master of Illusions (M13)

Cobalt_Latios

The Vigoroth scene is great. Zorua is quite bratty, no? "he he he he he"
Zorua's dub voice is great; just perfect for a little kid Pokemon.
Oh god yes! Thank you :DD. I can't wait now! At least I can reassured that Zorua has a great dub voice.

Knowing the journalist is from Unova, it suddenly makes a lot of sense as to why he'd know about Zorua & Zoorark so much.
Hmm... wasn't aware he was actually from Unova. Should have clued into it when he mentioned he'd been "after" Kodai for so long.

(sidenote: Iris' voice is nice)
Heh?

/CL

R_N

Kodai's vision being physically exhausting is actually kind of neat; I don't think I"ve seen a painful interpretation of this before. Oh Time wrinkle, it sounded like Time Riddle

Did they really have to keep Goon, "Goon?"

TANGROWTH SURPRISE

Why does he keep the broadcast going the entire time. You'd think the point would have got across.
Celebi is kind of petty to stop visiting the town when it withered; it clearly has the power to rejuvinate things.

Zoroark's anguish is really sad. As is Zorua's sadness over trying to find his mema : (
I like the scene where the Pokemon gang up on Zorua for thinking he's related to all this on purpose; it's just a nice touch to have them do something.

Celebi is the best placator; EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING AND EAT DAMMIT. Mischievous Celebi is so cute.

God Kurt is huge; I figured Brock was roughly the size of a grown man.

Kodai is a very determined villain. Always seems one step ahead and always prepared, too. I like him a lot more than the other villains so far, I think.

Huh, Zoroark in the shadows of the cage looks almost exactly like its Shiny version. Interesting coincidence, or reference to the movie?

See? Celebi could have totally saved the town.
alsjdbas;bdasbas the Zorua & Zoroark sleeping scene is super adorable

Why would you just come out and admite you're undercover? What if Goon or Kodai were nearby? Or had security tapes?

So Kodai wants to absorb Celebi's time ripple to forever see the future and control the news (basically)? Quite the plot, I must admit. Certainly unique.

R_N

Oh god yes! Thank you :DD. I can't wait now! At least I can reassured that Zorua has a great dub voice.
His little giggle is fantastic.
Hmm... wasn't aware he was actually from Unova. Should have clued into it when he mentioned he'd been "after" Kodai for so long.
I was wrong, he's from Crown City but I'm guessing he's been to Unova for an extended time. Probably where he got the Woobat hat.

CN showed a brief bumper for the BW series that starts next week, had a brief clip of Iris saying hello before being zapped by Pikachu.

Cobalt_Latios

Celebi is kind of petty to stop visiting the town when it withered; it clearly has the power to rejuvinate things.
Sure... but rejuvenating an entire city? That would take quite a bit of power to do, legendary or not.

Kodai is a very determined villain. Always seems one step ahead and always prepared, too. I like him a lot more than the other villains so far, I think.
When you're as power hungry as he is (monetary wise), can see into the future, and is as smug as he is, he'd have to be. But, yeah, I agree that he's probably one of the most persistent villains. Also, when you're the head of a company, you kind of want to stay there, so being informed of things is kind of big. He'd have the resources to get that done.

And Rioka has mad video editing skillz, no?

Why would you just come out and admite you're undercover? What if Goon or Kodai were nearby? Or had security tapes?
They left her in charge of the ship; clearly she could have shut everything down. That, and at this point, Kodai/Goon is more concerned with the Ripple of Time; they wouldn't really care so much about what happens on board, as that's what she's doing there.

So Kodai wants to absorb Celebi's time ripple to forever see the future and control the news (basically)? Quite the plot, I must admit. Certainly unique.
Remember when he see's himself getting the Time Ripple? Keep that in mind. Best "WTF?" moment of the movie.

His little giggle is fantastic.
Does it sound close to "kihihihi"? Or is it more like "hihihihihi"?

I was wrong, he's from Crown City but I'm guessing he's been to Unova for an extended time. Probably where he got the Woobat hat.
Oh. Man, 1 month since seeing the film subbed and I already forgot? Shame...

CN showed a brief bumper for the BW series that starts next week, had a brief clip of Iris saying hello before being zapped by Pikachu.
Who's voice does it sound closest to?

edit:
Ok the movie is finally coming on in three minutes where I live. I always loved the extended music in the begginning even if the lyrics are weird.
Yeah, no they aren't doing that this time. Kind of a shame really, but seeing as the format for this movie is drastically different from previous ones, I let it slide. At least the one for movie 12 was done well.

/CL

R_N

Good god the time ripple transference sounds incredibly painful. And that's how the town became withered? Yeesh, no wonder Celebi couldn't fix anything. How disastrous.
And he doesn't care about the town at all; definitely the best villain in the past 12 movies.

Piplup just...just stop going near trees.

The illusion effect is fascinating; looks like any attack done while under Illusion is just a really convincing trick.

Oh right the shiny beasts were still a thing that was happening. Angry Zoroark is free!
Time for a misunderstood fight scene between 4th gen fanservice and 5th gen promotion.

Poor Celebi & Zorua. Kodai is just plain cruel, nearly chocking Celebi like that.

Oh! The beasts even have their event skills.

Oh hey Togekiss, sup.
Riona know is not the time to suddenly try hiding yourself! Kodai gets over betrayals quite quickly, already planning.

Nice bit of game mechanic continuity, having Zoroark instantly shed the illusion upon being hit.
And Rioka has mad video editing skillz, no?
Able to destroy landmarks like that and make it seem so real is quite the feat, yes.

They left her in charge of the ship; clearly she could have shut everything down. That, and at this point, Kodai/Goon is more concerned with the Ripple of Time; they wouldn't really care so much about what happens on board, as that's what she's doing there.
Oh, I guess I missed that. Makes slightly more sense, then.

Does it sound close to "kihihihi"? Or is it more like "hihihihihi"?
"hihihihi", or the k is very silent.

Who's voice does it sound closest to?
No idea.

Is it me or does Kodai's vehicle (the floating thing) look like Genosect's head from an angle? Look at the yellow bulbs and you'll see. Also, I hear Zoroark kept its original Japanese voice and perhaps Celebi too, but I'm not sure.

R_N

Is it me or does Kodai's vehicle (the floating thing) look like Genosect's head from an angle? Look at the yellow bulbs and you'll see. Also, I hear Zoroark kept its original Japanese voice and perhaps Celebi too, but I'm not sure.
Celebi's is probably the same, sounds exactly like it did in the 4th movie.

I don't really see the resemblance, by the way.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Can someone tell me what the name of the city that was spoke about in the best wishes commercial?!

Cobalt_Latios

Good god the time ripple transference sounds incredibly painful. And that's how the town became withered? Yeesh, no wonder Celebi couldn't fix anything. How disastrous.
Told ya.

And he doesn't care about the town at all; definitely the best villain in the past 12 movies.
Definitely

The illusion effect is fascinating; looks like any attack done while under Illusion is just a really convincing trick.
You ain't seen nothing yet... ;).

Poor Celebi & Zorua. Kodai is just plain cruel, nearly chocking Celebi like that.
Appropriate, but not strong enough. Keep watching.

Riona know is not the time to suddenly try hiding yourself! Kodai gets over betrayals quite quickly, already planning.
He already saw her betrayal in one of his visions. He just wasn't entirely sure when.

"hihihihi", or the k is very silent.
Good enough.

/CL

R_N

Hahaha Zoroark is all "all according to keikaku"
Brilliant plan.

oh god this reunion is ridiculously adora--Kodai wow
Zoroark is also huge, isn't she? And one last illusion for Kodai to boot...

They did a good job of making this illusion of Unova look really nice. Does anyone know if this is from anywhere in particular form the games?

aaand movie over. I think this is probably my new favorite Pokemon movie, nothing about it I didn't like. I don't see how someone could watch it and label it The Worst Pokemon Movie Ever coughpokebeachcoughcough

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Hahaha Zoroark is all "all according to keikaku"
Brilliant plan.
One hell of an illusion, no?

oh god this reunion is ridiculously adora--Kodai wow
Zoroark is also huge, isn't she? And one last illusion for Kodai to boot...
To put it into perspective... assume everyone besides Carl, Rioka, and Brock are at least 4' tall. Zoroark (when standing) is a little over 5' tall. So, Zoroark isn't huge, everyone is just really short.

They did a good job of making this illusion of Unova look really nice. Does anyone know if this is from anywhere in particular form the games?
I would go out on a limb and say this is "Illusion Forest", but seeing as that's a field I don't think it would be.

Then again, Spear Pillar is at the summit of Mt. Coronet... outside. In the anime it was underground. So, inconsistencies are abound.

in short, couldn't tell ya.

edit: Oh yeah, what did you think about Zoroark OHKO'ing them Scizor?

/CL

BestWish16

And they also skipped through the ending credits... good job on this CN. Great job. /sarcasm Anyway the actual movie was pretty good, although it felt like they just shoved Zoroark in there for nothing... Oh well, nice job as always.

Last edited:
Well, WB did this with Destiny Deoxys years ago. There is always the Mall Tour Event where we can watch it. Also, it's the first movie to air in theaters ever since Heroes. And get this, that was back in 2003. Now, to look forward to the DVD release whenever that is. (hopefully not next year like Arceus)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Awww no full version of We Will carry On :(