• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zoroark: Master of Illusions (M13)

Pokénaut

I chuckled at the fact that how Dawn gets mad when Zoura changes into her form (well it's her fault for wearing such a revealing outfit :p).
I LOL when Zorua turns into Dawn and bends over and Piplup is in the back with a shocked face. And CN sucks for taking out the Prologue, credits and the Victini teaser.

So any new music?

*waits for Youtube upload*
We WERE expecting an extended version of "We Will Carry On" but CN had to be so stuck up with the time constraints, we lost about 8-15 minutes of the movie....How long do the introductions and credits usually last?

Aura24

We WERE expecting an extended version of "We Will Carry On" but CN had to be so stuck up with the time constraints, we lost about 8-15 minutes of the movie....How long do the introductions and credits usually last?

I swear CN doesn't even know how much information in the movie they feature is lost whenever they cut out something, like the prologue and credits, just so they'll get more advertisements in.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So there was a credits song? CN sucks.

Maybe YTV will get it right, whenever it comes up north.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And CN sucks for taking out the Prologue, credits and the Victini teaser.

CN has nothing to do with the teaser not being shown. I believe TPCI were the ones who removed the teaser, although for good reason.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: where was it said that Zorua and Zoroark aren't related? I've heard tons of people claim that Zoroark wasn't really Zorua's mother and that Zorua was just adopted by Zoroark and stuff. That sounds like bad fan fiction to me, but a lot of people are sticking with this so it makes me wonder where it was officially stated.

Last edited:

Aura24

CN has nothing to do with the teaser not being shown.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: where was it said that Zorua and Zoroark aren't related? I've heard tons of people claim that Zoroark wasn't really Zorua's mother and that Zorua was just adopted by Zoroark and stuff. That sounds like bad fan fiction to me, but a lot of people are sticking with this so it makes me wonder where it was officially stated.

On the official Zoroark Master of Illusions website, it stated that Zoroark was a lone wolf before she started caring for Zorua.

Pokénaut

Anyway, I wanted to ask: where was it said that Zorua and Zoroark aren't related? I've heard tons of people claim that Zoroark wasn't really Zorua's mother and that Zorua was just adopted by Zoroark and stuff. That sounds like bad fan fiction to me, but a lot of people are sticking to this so it makes me wonder where it was officially stated.
I don't think they even mentioned the relation inbetween Zorua and Zoroark...But it seems that Zorua is Zoroark's son. But it was never directly said.

Cobalt_Latios

For the record... there wasn't any "intro theme extended" like we had with AatJoL. However, there was an end credits, and it was roughly 5 minutes in length.

So there was a credits song? CN sucks.

Maybe YTV will get it right, whenever it comes up north.
I doubt it. Otherwise Anime_Ash would have already been mentioning it by now.

Not sure. I recall a lot of people mentioning it, but I forget why. I confuses me as well, as Zorua clearly says Mama quite a few times.

But, I'll just side with whoever at this point.

Sounds like I'll be looking forward to this thing being on DVD... sucks.

Eh, not too annoyed by the whole lack of opening credits/ending credits. Although, the lack of the opening scene to establish Zorua is kind of disappointing.

Still, I do want to see it.

/CL

Aura24

I don't think they even mentioned the relation inbetween Zorua and Zoroark...But it seems that Zorua is Zoroark's son. But it was never directly said.

On the official website of Zoroark Master of Illusions, it stated that Zoroark was a lone wolf before she met Zorua and started caring for it as if it was her own child. I stated this before on this page, but I was obviously ignored.

Pokénaut

On the official website of Zoroark Master of Illusions, it stated that Zoroark was a lone wolf before she met Zorua and started caring for it as if it was her own child. I stated this before on this page, but I was obviously ignored.
Ok Sorry I was typing the response and didn't see it :]

SteveSnowmn

So where did the movie actually start? I missed the first 5 minutes. I thought it was pretty good, just some of the Pokemon voices (Piplup) get really annoying after a while. I liked that the obligatory scene where everyone cries was pretty short in this one :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Just found out on Bulbapedia that this movie will be in theatres on the Black and White Tour. Canadians might get to see it soon.

Aura24

So where did the movie actually start? I missed the first 5 minutes. I thought it was pretty good, just some of the Pokemon voices (Piplup) get really annoying after a while. I liked that the obligatory scene where everyone cries was pretty short in this one :p

It starts when the official movie logo shows. CN didn't include the prologue.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Well I loved Zorua, he was SOO adorable! Got a new fav now. :3

Looking forward to the DVD release! Anyone noticed "Proof's" eyes were big and then went back to normal? Bulbapedia says so and I actually caught said error. Man, I feel like animating some scenes from the film. My only disappointment would be the left out opening and we never get to see the full credits. Also, I think Proof was voiced by Lisa Ortiz. I could be wrong though, but she did sound like Mars.

For those who missed it the first time, it airs again at 6 PM eastern tomorrow night. Take care.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I couldn't find anything bad about the episode, before I had to miss the 2nd half to go to dinner, but from what I saw it's really good. But when I read that the opening was cut, I felt a bit upset there. Maybe they'll have it in the DVD version?

Zorua is so adorable, yet so creepy with his giggles haha. Triforce Saturn even told me that he believe it was like Fawful, from the Mario & Luigi RPG series. I can totally see the resemblance haha.

I enjoyed getting to see all the Legendary Beasts, and as they appeared in their shiny colored. Hey! They look just like the ones I got in my Gen 4 games. :eek: Oh wait... lol. Still, I can't wait to get Celebi later this month, and then obtain Zoroark and Zorua, when the BW games are released.

Carl was also a pretty good character. I liked his Woobat hat, which I finally figured out haha. Foreshadowing Gen 5!

I also don't get how Zoroark took pain from Shuppet's Shadow Ball. Since pure Dark types don't take damage from Ghost type moves, I just don't know.

It was also pretty funny of Zorua to take the form of Ash, Brock and Dawn during different parts of the movie. It's silly that Dawn wasn't amused, but I liked how Brock made up the fact Zorua was his twin brother (when Zorua took the form of him).

I can't believe that Kodai; such a jerk. However, his role was pretty clever, since he had the ability to see into the Future. Especially how his assistant is actually a agent to get his information, he just knew that she would betray him. It all really came together.

The ending of the movie was pretty sad though, when Zorua was crying for his mommy Zoroark to wake up. I felt a little bad. But I was happy to see Celebi fix everything and heal Zoroark. A happy mother and son reunion. :) Celebi was even a wonderful Pokemon to have during the movie.

I also like how Ash foreshadows his venture to the next region (Unova), when he promises to visit him and Zoroark, as they were off on the cruise with Carl and Rowena (Kodai's former assistant) back to that region.

And I wish CN didn't have to make the ending credits so small, when the movie ends. I really want to see all thats happening in full view. Since I read that the Rivals, Gym Leaders and Elite Four members are implimented on there somewhere.
Plus, this is when the Baccer tournament is happening, yet it's disappointing to not see it during the movie.

Overall, this was a great movie for the DP saga, yet I'm sad to see this is the last bit of the main series run. Ah, it's been a great 4 years, while watching the DP series. Up to the first episode, the last episode, and the last movie now.

Aura24

CN also cut out the prologue of the movie that showed Ash and his friends finding out about the Stadium in Crown City, and Zorua's escape from Kodai.