• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zuruzuru team GO!

Emoguycrycry

So after messing around on the wifi battle train I've found a solid three-pokemon core that seem to perform very well together. So I figured I'd try to build a team around that core and see how it works out! This is my first team ever, so criticism is much appreciated, but please be gentle :)

Cloyster @ Focus sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
Nature:Adamant
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Razor Shell
Shell Smash

I like to lead with cloyster because when running the focus sash setup, he can almost always KO their lead pokemon, and often is able to switch back without taking any damage if they attempted to set up on him. I find that if I don't use him in the lead his focus sash is usually messed up by entry hazards or sandstorm, but sometimes I still like to keep him for a late game sweeper.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spatk 152 Hp 52 Def 52 Spdef
Nature:Quiet
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Reuniclus is the hinge upon which this team operates! He has some nice bulk with very good special attack. (Plus non-recoil life orb is too good to pass up)I like to send him out as soon as my opponent sends out a key poke (usually garchomp) to set up trick room. Reuniclus can't usually kill garchomp head on, but he can always set up trick room and do a nice chunk of damage, opening up for a revenge kill from my team all-star...

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 100 Hp 100 Def 100 Atk 208 Spdef
Nature: Adamant
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Crunch

Scrafty has such great typing and coverage it makes me giggle like a little school girl. Why more people don't use this crazy little skin-shedding ninja I'll never know. Scrafty's speed falls into a "sweet spot" for trick room teams. He's slow enough to out-trick room most of the OU metagame's powerhouses but still quick enough to outrun some of the real fatties out there after trick room is over. After a couple of bulk-ups he can sweep a team pretty easily (especially with ice punch for coverage vs flying pokes and dragons) With some well-rounded stats scrafty can compete with a good amount of pokemon without any bulk ups at all. With trick room up it's very easy for scrafty to switch in on lots of pokes with a little prediction and get a bulk up or two off.

Galvantula @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP 252 SPatk 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
Volt Switch
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Spider Web

When I don't open with cloyster I always go with Galvantula. With stab volt switch he makes an excellent scout. Between bug buzz and thunder he also has very good coverage. Lot's of people like to use hidden power for the last slot, but I rarely use any move other than his first three. And believe it or not spider web has gotten me out of some *sticky* situations. LOL! But no really, its pretty good if you use it properly. Usually when galvantula has killed a poke or two and is almost dead himself.

Haxorus@ Lum berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Hp 252 Atk 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
Swords Dance
Earth Quake
Dragon Claw
Outrage

You may ask, why not use salamence or garchomp?? they're way faster! Because poop on those dragons, that's why! Haxorus has a super high base attack, and after 1 SD he can wipe almost anything with an outrage. I try to save him for late game sweeping or until at least until all opposing dragons are dead, because as you all probably know he gets promptly outrun and slapped by all the scarfed dragons in the OU metagame. The Lum berry is really nice for curing the confusion you get from Outrage, but mostly it's because I HATE WHEN MY DRAGON GETS PARALYZED!!

Forretress @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp 252 Def 4 Atk
Nature: Relaxed
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Explosion

Forretress is a pretty neat guy, but to be honest he's just sort of a steel-type filler on this team. I'd also like to try Scizor and Ferrothorn in his place.(What do you guys think?) Forretress works really well with focus sashed cloyster, being able to rapid spin away entry hazards to ensure a full-health entry for a good chance at a Shell Smash sweep. It's also nice to be able to throw down some spikes, and with quick claw you can sometimes go into pew-pew mode and spit out somewhere in the neighborhood of 9000 layers of spikes before the opponent can do anything about it. Gyro ball is nice for icky gengars or pokes that try to set up with a bunch of dragon dances. This is also the reason for expolsion, because I hate having my Forretress trapped and set up on!

I like to play this like a sort of quasai-trick room team. While most solid trick room based teams have two pokemon with trick room I have only one. I like to use Trick room Reuniclus paired with scrafty to bring down key targets, then presume to play normally with the rest of my team. The way this worked on the wi-fi train was pretty simple- Open with Reuniclus and set up trick room, then switch to either Haxorus or Scrafty depending on how many turns are left on trick room. When playing 6 man battles however I like to keep the trick room secret until their bulkiest pokemon are out of the way, or they start getting overconfident with their high-value pokes.

So this is my team and how I like to play it, I haven't had much of a chance to test it other than via infrared with friends, so give me lots and lots of opinions! Will it get owned? Will it own?? I prefer to go with the ladder, but please let me know what you all think!

Last edited:

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
On Scrafty i would make him a Rest/Bulkup on with a careful nature. Unless your trying to do the more Mixed coverage one then i would replace Bulk Up with Dragon Punch and make the EV's something like 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP (idk if people use a bulky one or not, i personally love the Rest/Bulk Up one XD). Might i ask why Reuniclus is running trick room? and Give Forretress Lefties, Quick Claw really isnt that helpful

MilesEdgeworth

Ace Attorney
Bro you don't need full speed on cloyster only enough to get to 202. After shell smash it will outrun everything. Also explotion over rock blast it could OHKO your opponents best pokemon. Otherwise great team!

Emoguycrycry

Bro you don't need full speed on cloyster only enough to get to 202. After shell smash it will outrun everything. Also explotion over rock blast it could OHKO your opponents best pokemon. Otherwise great team!

Expolsion is good, but it kills my poor cloyster afterwards :( I really like rock blast for its benefit from skill link + it's extra coverage. But i did the 252 speed EVs particularly so it would outspeed a SCARFED Garchomp, but your point is noted, I'll have to double check this.

On Scrafty i would make him a Rest/Bulkup on with a careful nature. Unless your trying to do the more Mixed coverage one then i would replace Bulk Up with Dragon Punch and make the EV's something like 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP (idk if people use a bulky one or not, i personally love the Rest/Bulk Up one XD). Might i ask why Reuniclus is running trick room? and Give Forretress Lefties, Quick Claw really isnt that helpful

I actually ran bulk up/rest on scrafty for a long time, but found I could never really make full use of rest. By the time you have enough bulk ups under your belt to be able to rest, it's almost always better to just drain punch anyways. For this reason I traded rest for ice punch because having that coverage against dragons and the occasional flying or grass types makes his sweeping so much easier.

And I would give Forretress leftovers if my only one wasn't on Scrafty already =/. But yeah I could never really find a GREAT item for Forretress other than that. I mainly just use him for rapid spin then try to spit out as many spikes as possible before exploding

I use this setup on Reuniclus because while most people use him for a bulky calm mind set up pokemon, my scrafty fills this role. I usually just use reuniclus to set up trick room and throw suicide attacks into their team in an attempt to bring down a key player.

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Ace Attorney
Oh I didn't think of scarfed chomp that's a good point. It outspeeds choice herocross with 202... That's why I use it. Also, rock blast=explosion, just a matter of Preference. Also, rocky helmet on ferrothorn. Helmet+iron barbs is pretty sick

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Scrafty should have Max HP because it needs it. Galvanchula should really have Energy Ball over ElectoWeb (or whatever it's called) to take care of pesky ground types.

Sephyre

Grass Lover

Can I say it again? GREAT TEAM <3

Emoguycrycry

Scrafty should have Max HP because it needs it. Galvanchula should really have Energy Ball over ElectoWeb (or whatever it's called) to take care of pesky ground types.

Your point on galvantula is well taken, ill probably wind up adding that move. However, I'm wary of trying to make scrafty into a snorlax. While lots of hps would help him I feel that its too important to keep at least some points in attk. It may be worth running some numbers to find the optimal spread between hp and defences. Maybe 208 in hp rather than spdef?