• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zygarde/Flare arc preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp045

Ha! all the hype went down the drain after the end of the League, to see if nso surprised or disappointed even more ...

Dijeirusan

This is the most epic the anime has ever gone, outside the films, right? They've never had an apocalyptic storyline or massive life-or-death battles before, or have they?

Kamerovz

This is the most epic the anime has ever gone, outside the films, right? They've never had an apocalyptic storyline or massive life-or-death battles before, or have they?

It's defiantly the most at stake considering this is the first time in the anime that the villainous team has attacked an city.

Markerz

Too bad people will be too salty about what happened at the league to care about this finale. Maybe the writers will realize again that the league carries the greatest important for the audience.

It's a stretch, but I suppose they'll have their feedback in the upcoming days.

On another note, I'm glad crazy robot-sandre man is here.

DeepSeaDragon

>Alan not getting redeemed in a show purposedly aimed at kids.

He'll return home with this trophy alright.

But is that true redemption? Winning a trophy and proceeding to destroy a city? I could see Alan forfeiting the trophy due to some moral obligation after the TF arc concludes. This of course could only happen if we assume Ash beats him in a battle. Alan loses, realizes he contributed to the destruction, and hands the trophy over, insisting Ash truly earned it when it really mattered. Not having some kind of closure with the rivalry would feel weird.

Wishful thinking, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me. I won't put anything passed these writers anymore.

WorthyX

Ash failing the Kalos League is the beginning of a point of no return where the writers ran out of excuses to continue this anime. There are several hopes, but I felt that it is not going to happen.

-Amourshipping should be able to make it canon due to a very long list of hints from Serena. (Ash and Serena might get married in some way.)

-Bring the end of Team Flare and Team Rocket altogether. (Zygarde is the Central Pokemon to unleash hell and it did.)

-Find a new way to start the Alola region anime. (Could be Ash's and Serena's child or Ash and Serena move to Alola region together.)

The damage they have done to the Kalos League is irreversible and it will begin the ultimate downfall of the anime itself.

Janovy

Banned
Anyone else seriously hyped for this?

This has potential to be better than most of the Pokemon movies in terms of storytelling alone.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan

This has potential to be better than most of the Pokemon movies in terms of storytelling alone.

We're blinded by the League still, but the Team Flare arc seems to be the most exciting thing coming out of XY as a whole. I'm here for the Action/Zygarde/Lysandre stuff.

WaterTypeWarrior

The damage they have done to the Kalos League is irreversible and it will begin the ultimate downfall of the anime itself.

Dude, stop kidding yourself. Some people will quit watching, others will continue to proudly stand by Ash like they have for the past 20 years. In the end, it doesn't matter because most of the people truly upset at this outcome are outside the show's target audience. They don't care if we stay or go, since there's always a new generation of kids that'll start watching at the start of the next series.

Haunter ゴースト

For once we may agree on something here Janovy.

This arc looks great and yeah, could top the dark tone only the movies have provided.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

The Plasma arc preview was also nice looking. At the end the arc ended up being mediocre at the best. I am interested to see what Lysandre's goal is, but I am not really hyped.

WaterTypeWarrior

The Plasma arc preview was also nice looking. At the end the arc ended up being mediocre at the best. I am interested to see what Lysandre's goal is, but I am not really hyped.

The difference is that Team Flare has been built up since the start of the series through the Mega Evolution specials, while Team Plasma was pretty much tacked onto the end of BW. They've clearly put far more effort into Flare than they did for Plasma. Though, I can't blame you for not getting your hopes up. I'm not even that upset about today since I've grown used to the disappointment of Ash losing, but man, the initial sting always hurts.

Last edited:

Epicocity

The difference is that Team Flare has been built up since the start of the series through the Mage Evolution specials, while Team Plasma was pretty much tacked onto the end of BW. They've clearly put far more effort into Flare than they did for Plasma. Though, I can't blame you for not getting your hopes up. I'm not even that upset about today since I've grown used to the disappointment of Ash losing, but man, the initial sting always hurts.

I really agree with this. The initial sting does hurt...then you get hit with a totally hype-worthy preview that makes you wonder just what is going to happen. All I know is that Alain will likely be broken. I mean, here he is, just won, thinks he's strong (or the strongest) and then he fails to stop Ash from being captured, or helps them out, finds out his boss is a raving lunatic, finds out that everything he did likely didn't do jack squat for Chespie, and if it did, was it worth it? Yeah, I'd be broken, too. I certainly wouldn't feel strong anymore.

Also, Bonnie is totally being held back by her dad in his Blaziken Mask outfit.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I really agree with this. The initial sting does hurt...then you get hit with a totally hype-worthy preview that makes you wonder just what is going to happen. All I know is that Alain will likely be broken. I mean, here he is, just won, thinks he's strong (or the strongest) and then he fails to stop Ash from being captured, or helps them out, finds out his boss is a raving lunatic, finds out that everything he did likely didn't do jack squat for Chespie, and if it did, was it worth it? Yeah, I'd be broken, too. I certainly wouldn't feel strong anymore.

Also, Bonnie is totally being held back by her dad in his Blaziken Mask outfit.

This would be a deconstruction of League victory. Alain puts himself at the best... and it's all downhill from here. Boss Lysandre is going to proudly announce himself to destroy the Kalos Region and folks like Sycamore will slowly connect the dots between him and Alain. Alain's been played as a pawn and then Ash has to do the clean up himself. Wouldn't be surprise if he was ironically the weakest here with everyone else fighting harder than him. Wonder if he's still a follower of Flare or if he defects at the last minute?

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
I think by the time we get the first Flare Arc episode, the sting of what happened in the last arc will have hopefully died down. As salty as a lot of people are, I'm going to enter this arc with a complete open mind, disregarding the let-down of last episode since it's only fair. And it looks epic anyway :D

Torterraaaa

Yeah I'm very excited. Still pissed at apparently ****ing indestructible Charizard, but hyped by how intense this arc looks.

Torterraaaa

Pretty sure Lysandre said his goal was the same as the games, wiping everything out and creating a new, 'beautiful' world. He said it when he was standing at the top of the tower at the end of the ep.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Lysandre has a Shiny Mega Gyarados?
I'm gonna sound crazy, but I'm kinda not surprised his Gyarados is shiny given the TCG had Shiny Mega Gyarados in XY9. (Mega Metagross was shiny in TCG and Steven has a shiny Metagross)

Status
Not open for further replies.