• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Zygarde/Flare arc preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Give me Ash vs Lysander please.

Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Gyrados or Pikachu vs Mega-Gyrados? Either is fine.

No. Mega Shiny Gyrados vs Mega Shiny Metagross. Give us Champion Daigo. Lysandre's been asking for it ever since he interrupted his first match with Alan.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Everyone's all about that Gyarados, but in reality I would love to see Lysandre's Pyroar true strength. That Pokemon just screams powerhouse.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Pikachu VS Pyroar
Ash-Greninja VS Mega Gyarados

Yeah, I can definitely see those two matchups happening.

storm12

Weather Bearer
The preview video on TVtokyo's YouTube has reached 54k dislikes ( with only 1k likes) I guess the massive upset at Ash's loss last episode is still generating a lot of negativity.

satopi

Everyone's all about that Gyarados, but in reality I would love to see Lysandre's Pyroar true strength. That Pokemon just screams powerhouse.

We probably will see it in action. Just who's gonna fight it? I'm guessing one of Alan's Pokémon like Metagross or Manon's Flabebe. :D

Markerz

I hope so. I also want to see Serena being the one to save and free Ash.

This raises an interesting point. I wonder if Ash is going to be broadcast as he's being displayed, or if that will only be seen by a select few. I can't imagine a better motivation for her to actually go battle then seeing him being hung out to dry.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
This raises an interesting point. I wonder if Ash is going to be broadcast as he's being displayed, or if that will only be seen by a select few. I can't imagine a better motivation for her to actually go battle then seeing him being hung out to dry.

Unless she really shes Ash far at the distant at the top of the Lumiose tower, and then Clemont and the gang have to make a plan.

nickdt

The preview video on TVtokyo's YouTube has reached 54k dislikes ( with only 1k likes) I guess the massive upset at Ash's loss last episode is still generating a lot of negativity.

Which is good, since then they know they messed up big time and have to do something to restore that in the upcoming two regions.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Which is good, since then they know they messed up big time and have to do something to restore that in the upcoming two regions.

Now remember, they are only doing this to make money, but you are right, they would eventually regret this decision and do it not just for the money, but for the fans as well. They can't make the show just for kids now since there are older fans watching the series.

Epicocity

Now remember, they are only doing this to make money, but you are right, they would eventually regret this decision and do it not just for the money, but for the fans as well. They can't make the show just for kids now since there are older fans watching the series.

They are, you're right. Except, what happened on Thursday did, indeed, affect their capacity to make money. Stock drops, people swearing off future games, burning old ones, etc. I honestly think that unless they have a brilliant endgame in mind for XYZ (and they might, mind you), they are already feeling the heat from this.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
They are, you're right. Except, what happened on Thursday did, indeed, affect their capacity to make money. Stock drops, people swearing off future games, burning old ones, etc. I honestly think that unless they have a brilliant endgame in mind for XYZ (and they might, mind you), they are already feeling the heat from this.

Yeah, I think right now, the writers and the anime staff are really on the hot seat (mainly the writers and producers). Heck, even Yokai Watch has higher ratings than Pokemon right now because it is doing very well in appealing to all the demographics. If they can somehow turn this ship around and make the fans satisfied, then I say props to them. However, like I said, they can't make this a kids show forever, even though they have the power to do so.

storm12

Weather Bearer
The dislikes are rolling in still, 56k. They disabled comments too and the preview on the official japanese youtube they even disabled likes/dislikes it seems.

They definitely know what they have done and hopefully this may herald change. The longtime fans have spoken, emphatically.

satopi

The dislikes are rolling in still, 56k. They disabled comments too and the preview on the official japanese youtube they even disabled likes/dislikes it seems.

They definitely know what they have done and hopefully this may herald change. The longtime fans have spoken, emphatically.

The PokemonCoJP has always had the comments disabled and no like/dislike bar. Unless you're talking about TV Tokyo, it does the same.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

Oh yes, by a long shot.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Yeah, I think right now, the writers and the anime staff are really on the hot seat (mainly the writers and producers). Heck, even Yokai Watch has higher ratings than Pokemon right now because it is doing very well in appealing to all the demographics. If they can somehow turn this ship around and make the fans satisfied, then I say props to them. However, like I said, they can't make this a kids show forever, even though they have the power to do so.

More than that, there is the prospect of the Pokémon animé not only not being a boon for the franchise, but also a liability due to the outcome of the League. If that happens, there will be two options: 1. cancel the series. I doubt that people want that. 2. Change the series. Maybe retire Ash and use the player characters from the games as the main characters in the series and have the series follow the games more closely.

Now, there are still ways to save the current series and actually turn this around and make it a good story, such as Alain relinquishing his title voluntarily, but the best way to bring this about will make some people even more salty. That is having Alain rescue Ash and be the one to take down Lysandre. Lysandre is shaping up to be Alain's villain anyway so it would not surprise me if this turned out to be the case. Next, despite beating Lysandre, Alain feels guilty about the damage done to Lumiose City, and possibly Kalos, and voluntarily relinquishes the trophy, which Ash accepts only after a battle, but one that Alain throws since he does not want to be the Champion. Ash then goes to Alola, where one can only participate in the Island Trials if one has won a League. The Kahunas see his trophy but don't let him take part in the trials because of how he got it, viewing it as a "pity win". Ash then has to prove that he's worthy to take the trials, which is made more difficult initially by failing his first test, battling Mallow where she purposefully, and obviously, throws a fight, with Ash not recognizing it, thus the Kahunas viewing him as a nobody who will take a "win" however he can get it. He then has to prove that he is, indeed, worthy of taking the trials. He eventually saves Tapu Koko after encountering Team Skull and eventually rejecting them after they try to seduce him, and the Guardian Pokémon tells the others to allow him to take the Trials, but the Guardian Pokémon leaves him with this warning/piece of advice: "never forget your friends and your family. Doing so is why you lost in Kalos and why you are not respected by the Kahunas and Trial Captains." The question of whether or not a storyline like this would be implemented is more debatable, despite the positive lesson that could come from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.