• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Computer issue blues

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
Recently i tried turning on my computer, and it started beeping 6 times then the fan kicks up louder than usual. It does it now every time i try to turn it on. :( And the screen stays black, nothing happens. The fan just keeps running.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Sounds like something has been dislodged, and need re-seating You'll need to run a Google search on "Computer Beep" codes, and you need to know your Bios or Computer Manufacturer, as these codes change between systems.

I can't really help you beyond this as between manufacturers 6 beeps can mean your keyboard is busted or your Motherboard is busted.

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
Oh ok. Thank you. Its really weird. It hasnt worked for the passed couple of days and then just now i try turning it on, and it TURNED ON like nothing was wrong with it. o_O
One thing too. During the days when it was starting to act up it, it start up as usual and when it showed my desktop it had a message pop up. That it "recovered from a serious error. I took a picture of it. It worked fine two days after that message then its started beeping again. Until i tried it today.
Also, i forgot to mention its a Dell, Windows XP.

Yami Ron

Elite Member
Your fans, CPU, memory, or even motherboard might be starting to give way. Since you have a Dell, if it is under warranty, you should be able to contact them for repair parts.

I would check the CPU heatsink and the case, CPU, and power supply fans first to see if all are working properly.