• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unable to use Wifi

ShuraBlueFlame

hey guys, i've been having trouble with my wifi. I can't connect to it and whenever I try to connect it has the red lock next to it. How do I configure my Wi-Fi to be able to support my DS online play?

EDIT: I mean GRAY not RED

Last edited:

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
Ok, here goes. When it's blue, there's no security code or stuff like that, and unless it just don't support your DS (the wi-fi, that is) you'll connect. When it's a red lock, it's WEP. Find the password thing and put it in. If it works, good. But if it's gray, it's stronger than a DS or DS Lite can decrypt or whatever, so you can't connect. Get the info for your wi-fi in, put the password in, and test connection. That's all I know. If this helped, you're welcome in advance.

ShuraBlueFlame

thanks, and i meant gray. sorry, i was trying to remember what color it was but I forgot. So is there a way to configure the wifi encryption to make it usable for the DS?

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I had that problem. Ye know what I did? Everytime i trade, I switch it from WPA to WEP in the modem's settings :) (Yeah coz I joined SPPf just to trade but stayed) Just make sure ye know what yer doing coz if not, ye'll make a mistake and can NEVER use yer WiFi coz ye f'ed it up. Yer parents will eventually have to call the WiFi provider for help if ye muck it up. Eh, no sweat. Happened a lot of times but the 3DS isn't cheesy as DS :3 nya~

Last edited: