• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

breeding problems...

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
ive been trying to breed a double flawless slakoth for nearly 8 hours. do u catch flawless dittos first or something? could you pls give me some advice

thx

I can take ages to breed a perfect pokemon.. Keep tryin'!

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
slakoth is taking for eve.r i got flawless staryu in SpAtk and speed in my first batch, but slakoth. gggrr..

P

PKMNBREEDER

I suggest you weed out the crop to the best ones in whatever values(ATTCK,SA,SD etc) and breed with the other one that has the high stats in that same value. If you do that and the IV's of the parents are the same that value automatically is set to whatever the parents were. Then its just luck after that to get the other stats.(or you could keep doing what i said, but i think only 3 stat values are inherited)

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
thx alot PKMNBREEDER

should i make the female one hold everstone?

Aquarelle

Staff member
pooheadkid said:
should i make the female one hold everstone?

Yeah, if it has the right nature you want.

Pokemon's IVs are always random, whether they're caught in the wild or hatched from eggs. But breeded pokemon DO inherit three random IVs from their parents. So parents with good IVs will yeild better offsprings usually.

And there are breeding stickies BTW. ;)

Jolteonmaster2

Start with Slakoth, Vigoroth or Slaking. Get another one of them with nearly the same IV's (BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS) and breed until you get a boy and a girl. Then you breed them. This makes everything jumbled. Do it again. Do it again. Maybe bring different Pokemon in this.
This might get nice results. The last Pokemon (the "perfect" one) may even have some left from the the first 2.