• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bugger

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Yesterday I defeated the elite four on my emerald version after lots of struggling. Then when the game came back on it said, "the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage, the game can be played". Ever since I bought the game a little text box comes up at the bottom of the screen saying, "The save file will be loaded, the game can be played". Does this mean that my game is glitched and I will never reach the battle frontier or is thsi just a one off? Any help would be much apprieciated.

Shiny Crobat

Its just a little glitch.
Nothing to be scared about

Its just a little glitch.
Nothing to be scared about

no it is NOT just a little glitch, the game cartridge is corrupt or fake (did you buy it off ebay?). I had a fake emerald like yours - you will never see the frontier it will always reset itself when the game saves itself without you pressing save. eg when the game saves after you beat the e4 or after you trade a pokemon if you turn the game off without saving the game will delete itself you will not be outside the trading centre. ;123;

Bad Skitty

Caught em' all
there are three things that can cause this problem:

1)fake cartridge
2) sharking the game and leaving cheats on/screwed up codes
3) turning off the power before the save

be thankful it has a previous load, this problem usually outright deletes the game. we suspect it has been put in to foil cheaters and pirates.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
I think it's a fake cartridge then because i havent cheated or traded and i left the game running from the hall of fame to when the game came back on after it said the end. Yes the cartidrige is trans green, is that right? It does have a seal of quality on it though and if it is fake it very convincing, in game it look exactly like other emerald versions I've seen on you tube, although it did come with a fake instruction booklet.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
did, you recently get mew uploaded, or did you recently trade with an unreliable source? my little brother got a mew and it deleted his game. either that or the game was tampered with before you got it. you said it came with a fake booklet? it was propably pre-tampered with

AncientMew

Training since 1998
I've not traded or been to any events so its probably pre tampered with. Could I send it off to Nintendo for them to check of it's fake or fix it?

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
I've not traded or been to any events so its probably pre tampered with. Could I send it off to Nintendo for them to check of it's fake or fix it?

honestly, your better off just buying another one than sending it in, waiting 2-3 weeks, just to have someone say, yep its tampered with, plus shipping and handing

Timmy73

If the Label on the cartridge is not shiny, it is probably fake.

I don't have Emerald, I can't be sure, but since ruby and sapphire have shiny labels on the cartridge, emerald should have shiny labels too...

My friend has one with a dull label and he attempted to link to XD for the first time and his file got corrupted.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Yep the labels dull. So I'll just buy a new one and use my fake ones to try out some liquid glitches, thanks for your help everyone.