• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clock Problems

woot21

super noob
Well yeah, the forum clock is spazing out for me. I couldn't find info on this anywhere, other than stuff from 06, and figured this would go here. So my problem is I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (US) and it currently about 12 noon here, yet the forum clock says it is now about 1PM. I have the right settings for everything time related. I moved DST to always on, it became 2PM, turned it always off, and it was still 1PM. Switching to the Central Time Zone won't work, since they don't follow DST. So can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

woot21 out dawgs

Munchy.42

I have this problem too. My clock says 5:06 PM, but your message was apparently posted at 5:59 PM Today...

BCVM22

Switching to the Central Time Zone won't work, since they don't follow DST.

..."The Central Time Zone doesn't follow DST"? Since when? Don't they teach you kids this sort of thing in school anymore? All continental American time zones follow Daylight Savings Time, there are just certain states that elect not to.

The board clock is simply glitched right now. It's not catastrophic.

woot21

super noob
..."The Central Time Zone doesn't follow DST"? Since when? Don't they teach you kids this sort of thing in school anymore? All continental American time zones follow Daylight Savings Time, there are just certain states that elect not to.

The board clock is simply glitched right now. It's not catastrophic.

When I switched it, it didn't switch, thus on the site it doesn't switch it. Yes I know some parts of the central zone do follow it. Besides it is annoying looking at a thread from the main index and being able to tell if there are new post or not, because it will say a time in the future, but under an hour ago, so it isn't new.

woot21 out dawgs

BCVM22

Yes I know some parts of the central zone do follow it.

No, it's not "some parts." The only places in continental America that ignore DST are parts of Arizona and Indiana and maybe one or two other areas that no one concerns themselves with. Again, don't they teach you this in school?

Besides it is annoying looking at a thread from the main index and being able to tell if there are new post or not, because it will say a time in the future, but under an hour ago, so it isn't new.

So until the minor glitch is corrected, subtract an hour from the time you see as the last post and you'll have the correct time. It takes an extra two seconds of thought at most.

woot21

super noob
No, it's not "some parts." The only places in continental America that ignore DST are parts of Arizona and Indiana and maybe one or two other areas that no one concerns themselves with. Again, don't they teach you this in school?
Nope they don't. I went to the most wannabe ghetto public school in the area. Gotta love it. About a total of 5 African Americans in the graduting class, and a lot of people thought they were all ghetto.

So until the minor glitch is corrected, subtract an hour from the time you see as the last post and you'll have the correct time. It takes an extra two seconds of thought at most.
It's just annoying is all, and I was wondering if I was the only one with this annoyance. (also spelling wasn't that important either)

woot21 out dawgs

Angeling

true love
Eh? I didn't notice the time difference on the forum and the computer time. Well, it seems it's most likely a forum glitch. I'll try to bring this up to the rest of the staff team.

And BCVM22: No need to be saying how he was taught, etc. Thanks.

As for now, I don't need anyone posting after this post unless you have a definite solution to the problem.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ah the forum server crashed earlier and the clock was messed. I'll put a trouble ticket up