• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Computer won't turn on properly.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Alright, posting here because my computer won't turn on the same way it always has, either by the I/O panel or the buttons on the motherboard. The motherboard lights were on as well. Being an ROG board, I could start it up remotely, but that didn't work as well.

I found out how to turn it on by wiggling the power supply's cord until my desktop turns on. However, this is still kind of bothering me. I tested my power supply, by jumpstarting and with a tester courtesy of Thermaltake, and apparently it's still good. Any idea on what this is, and how I can resolve it?

And if any of this helps, here's my specs:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core i7-2600K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 690
G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
Crucial M4 128GB
Four 1TB HDDs (RAID 0+1)
SeaSonic X-1250

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I found out how to turn it on by wiggling the power supply's cord until my desktop turns on.

That sounds like it's a loose or damaged wire/connector. Usually it's a bad sign if you can get an electronic item to work or not work by wiggling the power supply's cable. I would try taking out each of the PSU's cables and then reinsurting them. If that doesn't work then you could try using a different PSU if possible. But that would be alot of work.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Yeah, I figured out that it was the power supply. I'll get it sorted out somewhere down the road. Thanks.