• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald BF Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
Right so a while ago i made a team on here of: Starmie Donphan and Dusclops. It seemed like a great idea at the time but after much Ev training breeding and rare candy cloning my team was ready. After much hard work ive now only got the luck and tactics silver symbols with not much else looking promising and i put this down to one thing, a weakness to both dark and grass pokemon thoughout my team, so basically i need to back up Starmie better. Dusclops works fine to take any special hits but dark so i need a physical wall to block grass attacks. I was thinking of a Skarmory.

My Donphan is:

Donphan@leftovers
Adamant / Sturdy
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Roar
-Facade (to deal with status problems)
EV's 252 HP, 190 Def, 60 Atk

Starmie is pretty basic bolt beam surf pshychic 252 252 modest

Dusclops w/rest and calm mind will o wisp and ice beam

So any suggestions for skarmory or others?

Vore

Sadistic Palm Tree
I have had little experience with Skarmory, but I would think something like this should work:

-Rest/Substitute
-Roar/Taunt/Curse
-Spikes/Counter/Agility
-Drill Peck

Roar/Spikes can send any major threat back for the time being and spikes can add to quickly killing anyone who gets sent out. If you don't like roar/spikes, curse/agility could also work or taunt/counter. I have not used him personally, though based on his move sets I should think 1 of those builds might work out for you.

Skarm won't let you counter Houndoom and friends. And did I not say Donphan is worthless the first time you wanted your team rated?

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
pah you did but i didn't listen :)

and thats what dusclops is for surely? besides starmie can take out houndoom etc with ease. one surf and its gone

How many SE STAB Crunches do you think Dusclops can take? And even though Starmie can revenge-kill Houndoom with ease, it's not a good counter by any means. Crunch hurts.

Last edited:

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
True but at the same time its a toss up between a cacturne/shiftfry killing my whole team or a houndooom killing one then dying, or none if it gets put out onto starmie. if anyone can come up with a solution to solve both problems i'd love to hear it

Xestt!

Salamence is the solution I would say... Not only would it provide your team with excelent coverage and some great resistances but also with powerful physical moves.

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
Right so

Salamence@Leftovers

-Brick Break
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-???(ive already used my earthquake TM btw but if theres a way to breed it onto Bagon i would happily hear it)

Rash
132 Atk/ 180SpAtk/ 196 Spe

OR

Skarmory@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
-Agility
-Curse
-Rest
-Drill Peck

Impish
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
I just made this one up so its probably not brilliant

Also what does everyone think of Weezing?

Vore

Sadistic Palm Tree
Right so

Salamence@Leftovers

-Brick Break
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-???(ive already used my earthquake TM btw but if theres a way to breed it onto Bagon i would happily hear it)

Rash
132 Atk/ 180SpAtk/ 196 Spe

OR

-Agility
-Curse
-Rest
-Drill Peck

Impish
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
I just made this one up so its probably not brilliant

Also what does everyone think of Weezing?

Weezing is a great tank since Psychic is his only weakness (immune to ground). If you are doing the basic hazer build I'd go for:

Weezing @ Careful
W-O-W
Pain Split
Sludge Bomb
Haze

If you do not want a hazer, Fire Blast/Substitute/Destiny Bond could all work out as well. Though W-o-W/Pain Split is a great combo, and Sludge Bomb is a pretty effective poison move as well. Generally I'd say it's a toss up on the final move for ya.

Also for your Skarmory build, it would work out pretty nicely with a chesto berry and it could deal some brutal damage to any non-steel/rock types, but against one of them you would be more of a stalling pokemon. Maybe you'd want to get a move like toxic. I just don't know what you'd replace it with.

Last edited:
-Agility
-Curse
-Rest
-Drill Peck

Oh lawd, Agility and Curse on the same set?

Don't use Weezing; what you need is a physical Pokemon that can prevent the likes of Curselax and Bliss from shutting you down. It also needs to be able to handle Houndoom - Salamence could've worked but it needs EQ.

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
Oh lawd, Agility and Curse on the same set?

whats the problem with agility/curse?
toxic maybe?

Regirock@leftovers
Rock Slide
Focus Punch
Explosion
Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Pokeman1Rox

I Need Help with my Arena Team:

Metagross Adamant Shell Bell
252 Att and Speed
Meteor Mash, EQ, sludge Bomb, Shadow BAll

Salamence Adamant King's Rock
252 Att and Speed
Fly, EQ, Brick Break, Rock Slide

Starmie Modest Lum
252 SpAtt and Speed
Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Vore

Sadistic Palm Tree
I Need Help with my Arena Team:

Metagross Adamant Shell Bell
252 Att and Speed
Meteor Mash, EQ, sludge Bomb, Shadow BAll

Salamence Adamant King's Rock
252 Att and Speed
Fly, EQ, Brick Break, Rock Slide

Starmie Modest Lum
252 SpAtt and Speed
Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Please make your own thread for this. This thread is solely for Ditto_93's BF team.

whats the problem with agility/curse?

You don't see how raising your speed and then lowering it (or vice versa) is just a waste of both a move slot and a turn?

Regirock is held back by it's typing, it won't be much help.

I think Hariyama is a good example of the kind of Pokemon your team needs. It covers your biggest weaknesses and it needs neither lefties nor Earthquake to perform.

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
Well yes but....ok i get your point.
Yea sorry about Regirock im not sure what was going thorugh my head lol/

I could See Hariyama working.

Hariyama@Leftovers
Adamant
Thick Fat
-Brick Break
-Substitute
-Bulk Up
-Rock Slide
12HP/ 144Atk/ 176Def/ 176Sp.Def

I dont think a choice band set would be ideal as it limits felxibility somewhat and this set allows me to take physical hits and deal out decent damage to quite a few types.
Thick Fat>Guts as hopefully substitute will take most statuses for me.
Comments?

Hariyama@Leftovers
Adamant
Thick Fat
-Brick Break
-Substitute
-Bulk Up
-Rock Slide
12HP/ 144Atk/ 176Def/ 176Sp.Def

I dont think a choice band set would be ideal as it limits felxibility somewhat and this set allows me to take physical hits and deal out decent damage to quite a few types.
Thick Fat>Guts as hopefully substitute will take most statuses for me.
Comments?

Dusclops needs Leftovers so much more than Hariyama...

Hariyama @ Chesto Berry
Adamant nature
Trait: Thick Fat
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Bulk Up
- Rest

I have great confidence in that set. You don't need to invest that many EVs into sdef, you should prioritize attack and physical defense (meaning both hp and defense).

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
Good Point. So if i go with that set and something like:

176HP /176Atk/ 100Def/ 60Sp.Def

Cheers again for the Help

Xestt!

Hariyama's defenses and hp are similar to revesed dusclops's defenses and hp so it is better to invest evs into defenses rather than hp.

133tSneasel

Watch out for Grass attack, Sceptile, Exeggutor and Venusaur

Status
Not open for further replies.