• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EV training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoothootsleeper

Newbie EV Trainer
I need some help with Ev training please help me

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆

This should be in the main help thread, but ill help you anyway :)
These are the key concepts;
• Any one Pokémon can gain 510 EVs.
• Any one stat can hold up to 255 EVs, although you should only put 252 into one stat. I will say why later.
• EVs are gained by battling other Pokémon.
• IMPORTANT; 4 EVs in a stat = 1 additional point in that stat @ lv. 100. This means that the most that can be gained in one stat is 63 points.
So, with this information, you can start EV training a Pokémon. Say we wanted a Pokémon to be good at SpA and Spe. We would use this set of EVs (or 'EV spread'); 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP (or other). We would gain these EVs by battling Pokémon that give these EVs to you Pokémon. Examples of these Pokémon would be; Ghastly (1 SpA EV each), Magikarp (1 Spe EV each) and Bidoof (1 HP EV each). So, you would have to battle 252 Ghastly, 252 Magikarp, and 4 Bidoof to get this set. Seems like a lot, right? Well, there are shortcuts;
• A Pokémon with the Pokérus will gain 2x as many EVs (i.e 1 Ghastly defeated will factorize in 2 Ghastly defeated).
• A Pokémon holding a 'Power' item will gain an additional 4 EVs in a stat for every Pokémon defeated. (i.e 1 Ghastly defeated factorizes in 5 Ghastly defeated).
• These two modifiers result in this; 1 EV from 1 Ghastly + 4 EVs from the 'power' item (each stat has a corresponding item) x 2 from the Pokérus = 10 EVs from a single Ghastly. Now it seems a lot easier, huh? Any more questions? PM me or ask in the main help thread :)

janu007

Banned
1. Practice a 'stat'. EV training is making a Pokemon more powerful in a certain stat. EV stands for Effort Values. They are named this because of the effort you put in to this special training.
2. Beat a Pokemon. It works like this: when you beat another Pokemon, your Pokemon gets 1-3 points. These are called Effort Points, or EP's. Each Pokemon gives a different type(s) of points (usually the stat they are best in). For example, an Alakazam would give three points in Sp.Attack, whereas a Machamp would give three in Attack.
3. When you get four EVs in one stat, that is one extra stat point in that stat. Each Pokemon gets a maximum of 510 EV's. But since this number is not divisible by 4, there are two EV's that will be unused when you complete your training.
* If you're confused, here's an example. A Pikachu battles 4 Ralts and gains a level. Since each of these Ralts gave one EV in Special Attack Pikachu gets 4 EVs in Special attack, the Pikachu gained one extra Special Attack stat point.
1. Practice a 'stat'. EV training is making a Pokemon more powerful in a certain stat. EV stands for Effort Values. They are named this because of the effort you put in to this special training.
2. Beat a Pokemon. It works like this: when you beat another Pokemon, your Pokemon gets 1-3 points. These are called Effort Points, or EP's. Each Pokemon gives a different type(s) of points (usually the stat they are best in). For example, an Alakazam would give three points in Sp.Attack, whereas a Machamp would give three in Attack.
3. When you get four EVs in one stat, that is one extra stat point in that stat. Each Pokemon gets a maximum of 510 EV's. But since this number is not divisible by 4, there are two EV's that will be unused when you complete your training.
* If you're confused, here's an example. A Pikachu battles 4 Ralts and gains a level. Since each of these Ralts gave one EV in Special Attack Pikachu gets 4 EVs in Special attack, the Pikachu gained one extra Special Attack stat point.
===========================
wholesale cell phones
multi fuel stoves plymouth

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Status
Not open for further replies.