• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution sequence?

I just want them to be able to evolve in the midst of battle

Pearl's Perap

To be perfectly honest, I think the idea of evolution in the middle of a battle is a bad idea.

For one, this probably wouldn't bother most people, but it holds up the battle.

And evolution is done by levelling up through the experience gained from battling, which is usually awarded post-battle, unless the battle has more than one pokémon.

Zak

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
^^On your screen in a battle against someone with an evolving pokemon, it could be a quick white flash, like Luster Purge's animation, but no damage and happens in about 3-6 seconds. Could work.

I'd like in-game evolution.
Brocko18 said:
Will the actual sequence of evolution be like it always has been (flashing the outline of the pre-evolved and the new evolution form)? Or do you think it will be like the show (showing a gradual change from one form to the next)?
I'd like it to be the latter, but nowing Game Freak, it'll probably stay the same as always.

Last edited: