• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Freakyforms

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So I got this game for Christmas. Basically, it's been taking up a lot of my free time. I've had a 3ds since they were released, but only now am I using it regularly, dreading the time I need to charge it if I'm in the mood to play this game.

It's in the genre of games where you make your own creatures such as games like Magic Pengel, Graffitti Kingdom, and Spore. It's very simple to play and create formees (the creatures), but you can also get pretty advanced. The progress is the same way, simple, but also a lot to do in the game.

Also, there's multiple ways of connecting with others with this game. With download play, someone who doesn't even have the game can join in the fun. If they have it, formees can travel to other planets and you can even share formees you've made with qr codes.

So, has anyone else gotten this game?

Formees List

HNI_0003_zpsda7aa4e2.jpg

This is my first formee Barbelle. Believe it or not, I kept restarting the game until I got it a way I liked it lol. Very abstract.

HNI_0004_zps48df6aed.jpg

Cheery, my first flying formee. She flys with her pigtail and hops on one foot.

HNI_0005_zps22a8c30f.jpg

My first formee with wheels. Clime (combination of clown and mime) Car has the pattern of a mime with red clown hair and nose. Since mimes don't talk, he talks through machine noises. Oh, and he has dragon/fire breath.

HNI_0006_zpse61728b0.jpg

They wanted me to use that mouth, so Servee was created (I actually just got that soft serve ice cream accessory too). Servee serves ice cream.

HNI_0007_zps33dcd941.jpg

Wanted to make a rollerskate. Since the wheels were showing up randomly, those flower wheels were the first I found, so I rolled (lol) with it. Thus Pointskate was born.

HNI_0010_zpsf3539f17.jpg

I found that foot form randomly when searching the misc "try" forms when creating/editing a formee and found the special power dramatic dance which has to do with kabuki. I thought they were a nice match so I made a kasa obake (japanese umbrella monster). I think it came out really nice after editing some more to give it more detail and those are wings that allow it to fly.

HNI_0013_zpsaad32da2.jpg

Really cool formee I think. The droplet (aka sleeping snot bubble like from animes) I made into a ghost (which worked with the sound it makes) and so I made a tombstone to go with it. Almost ran out of pieces making the letters if I didn't run out. Surprising face I think I gave it. Don't forget about the friendly bat that hangs around.

HNI_0015_zpsde51d303.jpg

I started liking using wheels in the ocean area, so I made Landsub. Really fun to use in the ocean area, even though may not be the best. Esspecially in the dungeon because the ocean's dungeon is full of aggressive formees and this one's a defensive one (which are weak to aggressive). I think I did a good job, esspecially with the periscope.

HNI_0020_zps6678e545.jpg

Just a silly formee (and heck, isn't that what the game's about sometimes?). It's a leaning tower of colorful circles. Played around with the different forms to make it wobble and finally got it the way I wanted after much editing.

HNI_0018_zpsaacdfd2a.jpg

Moonwalker, a walking moon that does the moonwalk. He's pretty cool.

hni0079y.jpg

This is my first formee. Very simple, very quick, I just wanted to make something that resembled a frog with the limited options you're given for a first formee.

hni0078t.jpg

This thing was fun to make, I fiddled around with the different types of heads and bodies you can use, and came up with this rather regal looking critter. I made the wings as big as I could, so it looks pretty cool when this thing takes off and starts flying. I believe this is a Speedy Formee in the dungeons, and I like using the bat friend with it. They just look good together, and the bat really helps out in battles!

hni0077l.jpg

My first wheel formee, I thought I'd make him as caterpillar-like as possible. I do rather like the end result!

hni0075.jpg

This is probably my favourite formee so far. It's hilarious to see how her legs move down straight stretches of meadow! She's fun to explore with since her legs make it near-impossible for her to fall down shafts and it's easy to land on ledges since you only need to get one leg on a surface for it to count as a "landing". It's a little tough maneuvering her down tunnels, but that's the price you have to pay for stability, I suppose. She's kind of tough to use in dungeons too. She's counted as an "aggressive" formee, but all of her stats, including attack, are really low. She does have absolutely massive HP, though, so with luck and the right special power, she can still get through dungeons and she's perfect against "defensive" formees.

hni0074.jpg

I had to do something with that weird mouth, and I really didn't like the suggestions that the game made to me. So, I ended up making this box-like thing and put the mouth under one eye so that it looked like a teardrop. The effect is pretty cool, I think! I saw that she looked kind of like the Mimic enemy from the Final Fantasy series (treasure chest monsters with long limbs), so I named her Gogo, who is a famous mimic (a job class of the same name as the monster) She's a "speedy" formee, and does pretty well in the dungeons I've been in. Which is surprising, considering that she's basically a box on legs.

hni0084yr.jpg

I wanted to see if I could cross a parakeet with a duck, and I couldn't think of a better name for this thing. It flies, walks, and swims, so it's an awesome formee to explore with.
hni0080.jpg

My most recent formee, and quickly becoming a favourite, this guy turns into a Defensive formee in the dungeons and is perfect for ocean exploration.

hni0081d.jpg

Well, butterflies are sometimes called "flying flowers", so I thought I'd try to make something that fits that description. It's kind of funny that she actually flies with the joints that attach the "wings" to her body rather than the wings themselves, but unfortunately it's really hard to manipulate wings so you can shape and place them just where you want. I wonder why they did that?

hni0082w.jpg

I think this one is my favourite now, he's just so...funny! I was just building a random formee to show some of my family how the game works, and we ended up putting a bunch of our ideas together to create this guy.

hni0091g.jpg

I needed a new butterfly, and went crazy with this one! Like FlowerBaby, she flies, but she flies silently. Unlike FlowerBaby, all of her "wings" move, so it's a more realistic (for lack of a better word) effect. But the actual "flying" part is... well, I'll let you find that out for yourself. It just sounds too stupid when I say it aloud...or type it aloud, in this case. :p

hni0092v.jpg

Haunted dress with wings. The only thing I can add is that this is a RIDICULOUSLY aggressive formee. Her attack is maxed out at 999, she has 0 defense and her HP is fairly nice. She rocks the City Dungeon. I was just looking at some different forms when I thought that some of them looked like they'd make for a really nice dress. But...I hate making formees that look like people. So, I thought I'd forget the person and just do the dress and make it look like a ghost. To be honest, I'm rather impressed with the result!

HNI_0011_zps78d248fc.jpg

A reimagind formee that's the base of Whinney. This is Bottom (as in Nick Bottom from Midsummer Night's Dream). Whinney's nose and mouth looked like a face, so I made it a guy in a horse costume (was running out of pieces to use, so had to use that nose piece to make it look like eyes).

Creation Challenge Formees (formees made in Creation Challenge to see how close you can get to their real form/please use spoiler tags because I want to prevent seeing any interpretations or final form before I complete each myself)

hni0073dw.jpg

This was my first challenge formee, and it was pretty fun! I tried to make the formee as exactly like the silhouette as I could, including taking the hint to make "a simple face". I guess I took that hint too seriously, lol!

HNI_0008_zps314d3a1a.jpg

The robot clone of Jennifer, Jennifer.2. I figured the colors the forms appeared in were the ones they wanted you to use. Found out that the colors vary, but they want you to use all the forms they present. I think mine looks more like an alien than the original.

hni0088y.jpg

For once, I actually made mine MORE complicated than the original. xD

HNI_0009_zps580d39ae.jpg

The robot clone of Samuruff, Samuruff.2. Not too different.

HNI_0012_zps71eb9113.jpg

The robot clone of Mox, Mox.2. Not too far off, but noticeably smaller. Oh yea, and this is so far my only creation challenge formee where the clone is a different gender than the original, lol.

HNI_0014_zpsc2bdc858.jpg

The robot clone of Strawberrina, Strawberrina.2. SO far off. The original is a person dressed up in a strawberry themed outfit, and here I made a living strawberry.

HNI_0016_zps93450c87.jpg

The robot clone of Milton, Milton.2. Decided to go detailed with his feathers.

HNI_0019_zps2c190466.jpg

The robot clone of (a robot) Winder, Winder.2. Even though they wanted you to use pieces with details on them, they were actually tricky, because the original Winder's forms are filled in to look like it's just one color.

HNI_0017_zps17c9e20e.jpg

The robot clone of Laura, Laura.2. With my earlier creation challenges, it wouldn't be uncommon for me to make my robot clones smaller than they were suppossed to be. Laura.2's the first I'm made that's much bigger than who she's based on. Size is the toughest thing to get right with these challenges.

hni0076k.jpg

My latest creation as of this writing (I'll probably make another formee as soon as I'm done here, though), and this was a pretty fun creation challenge. This time, I decided to just have fun with trying to make a mermaid, and I didn't bother with trying to make my formee match the silhouette exactly. I also opted to make it less human-like, opting for blue skin and pink hair rather than peach skin and sandy hair of the original. The end result is that my mermaid looks something like an alien mermaid from another planet, but I do really like her that way. I was unhappy with her name though, I wanted to call her "Violette" because of her purple hue, but for some reason that was flagged as inappropriate language, so I had to call her Jewel. What a pain

hni0087.jpg

I knew this guy was going to be off in terms of size. I'm still learning how to make my formees just the right size I want. However, I think I finally got it. Snackie is my first 100% successful formee in terms of getting him the perfect size. All the same, I couldn't believe how different my formee was from the original! I did an icy caveman type thing instead of the white gorilla.

hni0086o.jpg

Okay, I think my Mr. Hogg is way better than the original. This guy looks like a proper alien. I think the original is just...dopey looking, lol!

hni0085q.jpg

Well, my planet is named Zebes, so I figured I had to have at least one Metroid! I'll probably end up doing a few more of these as I get better at putting formees together

hni0083.jpg

I saw the heart-shaped fin and thought it'd be perfect for a Luvdisc! It actually turned out pretty nice, I think. It kind of takes away from the illusion that Luvdisc swims by beating her "body" up and down instead of side to side, but I think that's the best that can be done.

hni0089u.jpg

Okay, I had TONS of fun making this thing, and I think I did a pretty good job, too! I should really go back and make that "flair" a hook instead of the pointy thing, but I'm not sure if I've unlocked the hook yet... I may have. I did actually sit down with some pictures of Lakitu, and I tried to make this one as much like the Super Mario World version as I could. And yes, this thing does fly, which is why there's that line in the cloud's face. I could have made it look near-perfect by not adding that piece, but what good is a Lakitu that can't fly?

hni0090z.jpg

Okay, more of a re-imagining than strict fanart, but I think this thing turned out great! Remember the magic urn enemy from the Final Fantasy series? It's an annoying little jerk that's peeking over a pot. They'll often beg for expensive items (usually elixir), and sometimes they'll reward you for it richly. Other times, they're just jerks. I'm afraid this one is more of the jerk variety. This one came mostly out of my head, based on the memories I have of Magic Urn from Final Fantasy VI. It's not the painstaking copy I tried to achieve with Lakitu. But the result, I think, was most satisfactory! He turns into a defensive formee, so watch him absolutely demolish the formees in the Meadow dungeon!

hni0095c.jpg

Not my best, but I think it's still pretty cool. The main body is actually a wheel piece, so it rolls around like a real Whirlipede. It looks stupid when he jumps because the segmentation lines actually come away from the wheel, but it's cool if he just sits there and does nothing. I just don't know why the pic shows him with his eye closed. He must have blinked when the flash went off, lol! :p

hni0096.jpg

Not too shabby, I must say! Not quite my best, but I think I nailed the look pretty well, considering what I have to work with.

hni0094c.jpg

Well, I think this was my best one of this batch. Pretty darn true to the original while still being functional in the Freakyforms world, and the fact that all the "cotton" pieces move around like they're blowing in the wind makes it extra nice. It would have been cool if I could add a piece to make him fly, but we can't have everything. Besides, Whimsicott are just supposed to ride the wind, they don't actually fly on their own. ;D

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Well, just got this game for my birthday (yesterday), and I've got 7 Formees to share. I'm still new at this so they're crappy and highly simplistic, but whatever. It's always fun to see how different people make different formees, right? ^^

hni0079y.jpg

This is my first formee. Very simple, very quick, I just wanted to make something that resembled a frog with the limited options you're given for a first formee.

hni0078t.jpg

This thing was fun to make, I fiddled around with the different types of heads and bodies you can use, and came up with this rather regal looking critter. I made the wings as big as I could, so it looks pretty cool when this thing takes off and starts flying. I believe this is a Speedy Formee in the dungeons, and I like using the bat friend with it. They just look good together, and the bat really helps out in battles!

hni0077l.jpg

My first wheel formee, I thought I'd make him as caterpillar-like as possible. I do rather like the end result!

hni0075.jpg

This is probably my favourite formee so far. It's hilarious to see how her legs move down straight stretches of meadow! She's fun to explore with since her legs make it near-impossible for her to fall down shafts and it's easy to land on ledges since you only need to get one leg on a surface for it to count as a "landing". It's a little tough maneuvering her down tunnels, but that's the price you have to pay for stability, I suppose. She's kind of tough to use in dungeons too. She's counted as an "aggressive" formee, but all of her stats, including attack, are really low. She does have absolutely massive HP, though, so with luck and the right special power, she can still get through dungeons and she's perfect against "defensive" formees.

hni0074.jpg

I had to do something with that weird mouth, and I really didn't like the suggestions that the game made to me. So, I ended up making this box-like thing and put the mouth under one eye so that it looked like a teardrop. The effect is pretty cool, I think! I saw that she looked kind of like the Mimic enemy from the Final Fantasy series (treasure chest monsters with long limbs), so I named her Gogo, who is a famous mimic (a job class of the same name as the monster) She's a "speedy" formee, and does pretty well in the dungeons I've been in. Which is surprising, considering that she's basically a box on legs.

hni0073dw.jpg

This was my first challenge formee, and it was pretty fun! I tried to make the formee as exactly like the silhouette as I could, including taking the hint to make "a simple face". I guess I took that hint too seriously, lol!

hni0076k.jpg

My latest creation as of this writing (I'll probably make another formee as soon as I'm done here, though), and this was a pretty fun creation challenge. This time, I decided to just have fun with trying to make a mermaid, and I didn't bother with trying to make my formee match the silhouette exactly. I also opted to make it less human-like, opting for blue skin and pink hair rather than peach skin and sandy hair of the original. The end result is that my mermaid looks something like an alien mermaid from another planet, but I do really like her that way. I was unhappy with her name though, I wanted to call her "Violette" because of her purple hue, but for some reason that was flagged as inappropriate language, so I had to call her Jewel. What a pain

There's my work thus far. So far, I think I like the creation challenges the best. It's fun being given a theme, working with it, then seeing how close (or how ridiculously off) your ideas are to those of the game developers.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks for posting, Zozo. Want me to add them to the first post crediting your formees? ^^

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Ok, I added your formees to the first post. I checked and made sure all appear corrently, except Meranna who I've yet to try creaing myself.

Yes it is. I may post some links of other formee sharing places I've found from other forums and whatnot. :)

zozo

SLIMED!
All right, I've uploaded a bunch more in case anyone is watching the thread and is interested in getting some new formees for their planet.

hni0085q.jpg

Well, my planet is named Zebes, so I figured I had to have at least one Metroid! I'll probably end up doing a few more of these as I get better at putting formees together

hni0083.jpg

I saw the heart-shaped fin and thought it'd be perfect for a Luvdisc! It actually turned out pretty nice, I think. It kind of takes away from the illusion that Luvdisc swims by beating her "body" up and down instead of side to side, but I think that's the best that can be done.

hni0084yr.jpg

I wanted to see if I could cross a parakeet with a duck, and I couldn't think of a better name for this thing. It flies, walks, and swims, so it's an awesome formee to explore with.

hni0080.jpg

My most recent formee, and quickly becoming a favourite, this guy turns into a Defensive formee in the dungeons and is perfect for ocean exploration.

hni0081d.jpg

Well, butterflies are sometimes called "flying flowers", so I thought I'd try to make something that fits that description. It's kind of funny that she actually flies with the joints that attach the "wings" to her body rather than the wings themselves, but unfortunately it's really hard to manipulate wings so you can shape and place them just where you want. I wonder why they did that?

hni0082w.jpg

I think this one is my favourite now, he's just so...funny! I was just building a random formee to show some of my family how the game works, and we ended up putting a bunch of our ideas together to create this guy.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Wow, Zozo, you've unlocked a lot more pieces and your formees are becoming more detailed. The metroid using that piece of the rare jackpot formee spaceship was clever. All really cool! ^^

Is Kontrapto the clockwork carriage you were talking about?

Oh, have you made anymore creation challenges besides Jennifer? I wanna see a new Jennifer, lol. ^^

zozo

SLIMED!
There's formees you can unlock only by getting jackpot eggs? Sheesh, I didn't know that... I did have a really good streak of luck with eggs yesterday, and between that and doing piles of quests for overworld formees, I have been unlocking piles of forms. IT's been fun!

Yeah, I've got a few challenge formees that I've done, I just haven't bothered posting them. These ones I mostly did so that I could expand my world and get my FlowerBaby out of the sanctuary so I could edit her. It took me FOREVER before I got her just right... Anyway, here are my creation challenges:

hni0088y.jpg

For once, I actually made mine MORE complicated than the original. xD

hni0087.jpg

I knew this guy was going to be off in terms of size. I'm still learning how to make my formees just the right size I want. However, I think I finally got it. Snackie is my first 100% successful formee in terms of getting him the perfect size. All the same, I couldn't believe how different my formee was from the original! I did an icy caveman type thing instead of the white gorilla.

hni0086o.jpg

Okay, I think my Mr. Hogg is way better than the original. This guy looks like a proper alien. I think the original is just...dopey looking, lol!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Believe I updated the first post with all of them. Jennifer wins, lol.

Yea, I like seein both how the creation challenges compare to the original and others. Not sure if I'm the only one not wanting to be spoiled in seeing any interpretations or final forms before trying myself. Can't wait to see how your Samuruff, Mox, Srawberrina and Milton look.

zozo

SLIMED!
Okay, here we go! Another batch of some formees if anyone cares to have a look and give some comments. n_n Maybe I'm biased, but I do think I'm getting a bit better!

hni0089u.jpg

Okay, I had TONS of fun making this thing, and I think I did a pretty good job, too! I should really go back and make that "flair" a hook instead of the pointy thing, but I'm not sure if I've unlocked the hook yet... I may have. I did actually sit down with some pictures of Lakitu, and I tried to make this one as much like the Super Mario World version as I could. And yes, this thing does fly, which is why there's that line in the cloud's face. I could have made it look near-perfect by not adding that piece, but what good is a Lakitu that can't fly?

hni0090z.jpg

Okay, more of a re-imagining than strict fanart, but I think this thing turned out great! Remember the magic urn enemy from the Final Fantasy series? It's an annoying little jerk that's peeking over a pot. They'll often beg for expensive items (usually elixir), and sometimes they'll reward you for it richly. Other times, they're just jerks. I'm afraid this one is more of the jerk variety. This one came mostly out of my head, based on the memories I have of Magic Urn from Final Fantasy VI. It's not the painstaking copy I tried to achieve with Lakitu. But the result, I think, was most satisfactory! He turns into a defensive formee, so watch him absolutely demolish the formees in the Meadow dungeon!

hni0091g.jpg

I needed a new butterfly, and went crazy with this one! Like FlowerBaby, she flies, but she flies silently. Unlike FlowerBaby, all of her "wings" move, so it's a more realistic (for lack of a better word) effect. But the actual "flying" part is... well, I'll let you find that out for yourself. It just sounds too stupid when I say it aloud...or type it aloud, in this case. :p

hni0092v.jpg

Haunted dress with wings. The only thing I can add is that this is a RIDICULOUSLY aggressive formee. Her attack is maxed out at 999, she has 0 defense and her HP is fairly nice. She rocks the City Dungeon. I was just looking at some different forms when I thought that some of them looked like they'd make for a really nice dress. But...I hate making formees that look like people. So, I thought I'd forget the person and just do the dress and make it look like a ghost. To be honest, I'm rather impressed with the result!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Phew, updated first post. And yes Zozo, just looking at your quotes in the first post, you can clearly see your evolution of formee art improving in the original and fanart sections. Really WOW. Good job (^^)b

EDIT: Ser-Seraphim...she-she-she, took over the ocean dungeon. T-T She's aggressive vs my defensive Landsub...and he won. Thank you Great GaChing! ^^

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Lol, sorry she took over, but congrats on beating her!

Anyway, I just finished three Pokemon fanart forms, and I thought I'd share them. I'll start with the crappiest and work my way up to the nicest. n_n

hni0095c.jpg

Not my best, but I think it's still pretty cool. The main body is actually a wheel piece, so it rolls around like a real Whirlipede. It looks stupid when he jumps because the segmentation lines actually come away from the wheel, but it's cool if he just sits there and does nothing. I just don't know why the pic shows him with his eye closed. He must have blinked when the flash went off, lol! :p

hni0096.jpg

Not too shabby, I must say! Not quite my best, but I think I nailed the look pretty well, considering what I have to work with.

hni0094c.jpg

Well, I think this was my best one of this batch. Pretty darn true to the original while still being functional in the Freakyforms world, and the fact that all the "cotton" pieces move around like they're blowing in the wind makes it extra nice. It would have been cool if I could add a piece to make him fly, but we can't have everything. Besides, Whimsicott are just supposed to ride the wind, they don't actually fly on their own. ;D

I'm going to try to work on a Lilligant now. Not too sure how it will turn out, or if I'll have enough forms, but it should be fun to try. n_n

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Don't have this game, and won't buy(too many other things and not my genre), but your creations are really cool!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks for the post. With the help of Zozo, we have some pretty cool creations in this thread. ^^

Was actually gonna post some more I made soon; two creation challenge ones (Winder and Laura) and at least one of my original creations. Finally unlocked the next area (City), so now I can edit my three originals that were resting in the sanctuary.

EDIT: Ok, added two more of my original formees to the first post and the other creation challenges I've completed for Winder and Laura. So the first post is all updated.

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
All right, it's been awhile, but I do have a few new creations to show off:

hni0097n.jpg

Definitely one of my weirder formees, but I think it's pretty cool. I really wanted to make use of the peacock feather accessory and came up with this thing. The image here shows it with it's tails unfurled which kind of disguises its shape: It pretty much looks like a super-fancy perfume bottle. The eye is like the pump part, the perfume comes out the centre bit and it can use its base to roll around. When closed, the tails form a sort of crown, but unfurl almost into a circle, as you can see. It's bizarre, but I like it.

hni0098r.jpg

Title says it all. I've been in a grass-type formee mood lately. This thing was actually pretty difficult to get right. There's actually a lot of parts to a bellossom! Eventually, I had to start cutting down on how many formees went into each piece. The asterisk flowers were the best I could do to get some depth going while still making it look like Bellossom's real flowers. In the end, I rather like the result.

hni0099b.jpg

Okay, I just love this thing. It was really hard to get it right, but I kept going and I think it turned out beautifully! All the "feet" are actual feet too, so it actually walks and everything. I love it when I can make these fanart formees functional as well as have them look the part.

Not a huge number of new formees, but not too shabby either, if I do say so myself!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Really nice, I'll update the first post. ^^

IAmMarti

I LOVE this game! Put so many hours in to it, more so than most my 3DS games. The streetpass stuff is great too, really enjoy seeing other peoples creations.

Sadly I've not uploaded any QR codes for a while but I do have this one on my PC...

HNI_00892_zpsdfa23b7c.jpg

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Hi, welcome to the thread. I never tried Streetpass myself but considering it doesn't seem like a hugely popular game, I didn't think it'd work. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Really neat Chespin formee. If you want, I'll add it to the first post with the others. Also be cool to see other formees. Have you done any creation challenge ons? Those are cool to see how each person's try is different.